PDA

View Full Version : CBR250 running odd?

Indiana_Jones
10th April 2007, 08:12
Havn't rode my bike for a month, due to licence loss :dodge:

I have ran the engine about once a week, and turned the fuel tap off (though mine doesn't really seem to turn it off)

I took it for a ride the other day, the engine seems to sound funny and the RPM seem to be all over the place. Like I'll rev it, and the RPM will go upto 4,000 and stick there, and when i rev it again the needle goes to 13,000 but it sounds nothing like 13,000

Apart from that, the bike seems to run ok

Any advice/tips?

Cheers :scooter:

-Indy

Storm
10th April 2007, 08:18
So you managed 13000rpm on your driveway? Cos of course YOU"D never be a naughty boy ? :bleh:

FROSTY
10th April 2007, 08:24
might be dropping a cylinder out -start her up give her a lil time to warm up then tap each exhaust pipe with ya finger tips -see if all the pipes are same temp --

dnos
10th April 2007, 08:39
Shes just grumpy cos ya aint riden her lately.
Nothing like some sweet loving to keep ya girl happy.

Mr. Peanut
10th April 2007, 09:17
This is normal, how would you like it if you had to gargle the same petrol for a month?

So you managed 13000rpm on your driveway? Cos of course YOU"D never be a naughty boy ? :bleh:

That's just above idle on one of these thing innit?

imdying
10th April 2007, 17:30
You've got a dirty electrical connection. Somewhere, there's an earth messing with you.

Or the battery is sad.

Start by charging up the battery good, and when you refit it to the bike, clean the terminals and tighten them correctly.

JimO
10th April 2007, 17:57
touching hot header pipes is a good way of getting rid of your fingerprints

Indiana_Jones
15th April 2007, 18:18
You've got a dirty electrical connection. Somewhere, there's an earth messing with you.

Or the battery is sad.

Start by charging up the battery good, and when you refit it to the bike, clean the terminals and tighten them correctly.

Yep, gave that a go, and she seems ok now.

Cheers for the tips guys :)

-Indy

Indiana_Jones
24th April 2007, 08:01
hmmm seems to be doing it again, anymore suggestions?

cheers

-Indy

CM2005
24th April 2007, 08:21
carb balancing? buy a new sewing machine?

Indiana_Jones
24th April 2007, 08:23
har har :P

I donno it seemed fine before I stopped using it for a while.

-Indy