PDA

View Full Version : cr80 1998 running problem keeps dieing???

kickingriffin
11th April 2007, 09:17
hi every one i new here, havent had a motocross for a long time so i decided to get one for the nice weather.

i brought it last week and used it last week and was fine but went out on it today to find it cuts out every time you go to pull off and when in low revs but in the power band it pull well and if it cuts out and i kick it over it starts 1st kick and idles fine but soon as i go to pull off try to die so have to rev and slip clutch to pull away and it still trys to cut out so you have to keep twisting throttle to get the revs up.
ive tryed:
new spark plug
cleaned carb
new fuel/oil mix
but the problem still there!!
cant figure out if its a fuel or spark problem.
what can it be with out spending loads one new parts?
coil?
ecu?
magneto thing?

any help very appreciated!!
thank you

degrom
11th April 2007, 09:36
Are you sure the carb is clean? Sounds like a jet that is cloged to me... Best way to clean it is to use a can of carb cleaner and compressor to blow out all the dirt.

kickingriffin
11th April 2007, 09:41
yes i striped it down today and all the jets are clean and free of any dirt ect.
could it be the coil pack one its way out? some else said he had the same problem with his,but some else said thay replaced the ecu thingy.

it cuts right out like its a spark fault but if you keep reving it its like theres no spark or some think and then starts missin/semi fireing and when rev get higher it clears till revs drop.

kickingriffin
12th April 2007, 08:22
were can i find a fault finding chart for a motocross engine?