PDA

View Full Version : Interesting engine

cowpoos
11th April 2007, 10:26
interesting engine... http://www.italsistem.com/saetta-eng.htm

just what it could be used for I wouldn't have a clue though!!

R6_kid
11th April 2007, 10:57
well now... that would set all the boy racers creaming in their pants if you showed up on a 250 sports bike or chopper with a rotary engine! And with 35kw and 47nm of torque, it probably goes to say that you wouldnt be half slow either.

Steam
11th April 2007, 11:18
WOw that is a powerful little engine. At $7500 NZ dollars it is expensive though.
And that's from the factory, not even including tax, import duties, and shipping to NZ.
What's the nearest comparable powered 250cc engine?

cowpoos
11th April 2007, 11:20
I was thinking it might be a bit of a larf in a MXer frame!!

R6_kid
11th April 2007, 12:12
nah bro, would have to go in a kawasaki (coz thats the only bike name most boyracers know other than haya-whats-it-called) and it would be lowered, stretched and painted in black/white/grey camo, with chrome on all metal surfaces. Probably with a turbo and blow off valve, accompanied by a 15yo 'girl' in a short cut skirt, revealing top, and a bag full of birth control pills.

Ixion
11th April 2007, 12:53
Sort of something like this maybe?

WRT
11th April 2007, 15:55
Pfft, I've got a 250cc engine with 44kw and 51nm. And the entire bike weighs only 96 kg. And it's worth a lot less than $7,500 as well.

Rotary schmotary . . . wank, wank, wank.

R6_kid
11th April 2007, 16:02
Rotary schmotary . . . wank, wank, wank.

dont you mean wankel, wankel, wankel?

WRT
11th April 2007, 16:05
Don't care about the designer, was just talking about the owners and the noise (admittedly though, 2/ don't really sound that much better . . . )

Kickaha
11th April 2007, 19:27
just what it could be used for I wouldn't have a clue though!!

Kart Motor

cowpoos
12th April 2007, 10:24
Kart Motor
to much power for you sonny!! even in a kart ;)

Coyote
12th April 2007, 11:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xbZt9-xtuU

Finn
12th April 2007, 11:38
Kart Motor

When I used to race karts, one guy imported a 250cc rotary engine for his Kart and it kicked arse.

onearmedbandit
12th April 2007, 13:55
When I used to race karts, one guy imported a 250cc rotary engine for his Kart and it kicked arse.

Did you stop racing them because you got too big for them? Oh, sorry.

Finn
12th April 2007, 14:14
Did you stop racing them because you got too big for them? Oh, sorry.

No, I couldn't see over the dash and it was just too dangerous.

Kickaha
12th April 2007, 19:07

The Kart I used to race had a fuck sight more than that puts out

cowpoos
12th April 2007, 20:00
The Kart I used to race had a fuck sight more than that puts out
that was one of your trikes yeah????

jafa18
12th April 2007, 20:57
That rotary motor looks bloody powerful,and Theres another version of that motor avaiable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKayagHUCw8

I couldnt imagine driving that, my kart with a pe175 on is powerful enough for me.....,then u have these bloody idiots.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSmxaORvBQI

pete376403
13th April 2007, 13:16
They describe it as a "four stroke rotary engine" - to me "four stroke" has always described the four operations of the piston per power cycle, ie down = intake, up = compression, down = power, up = exhaust then start again.
While I can see that any one side of the rotor will perform these operations during a single revolution, how is that different to any other rotary built, ie is there any other kind?

Deano
13th April 2007, 13:21
was just talking about the owners and the noise (admittedly though, 2/ don't really sound that much better . . . )

And the oily smelly emissions ?

I love generalisations. They show such a lack of imagination.

Ever been for a drive in a quick rotor ?

WRT
13th April 2007, 13:32
And the oily smelly emissions ?

I love generalisations. They show such a lack of imagination.

Ever been for a drive in a quick rotor ?

Admittedly only to the end of the street and back, but yes. However, the owner of this particular batty (not that I'd call him a wanker, quite the opposite), just like every other owner of a rotary I've had the pleasure of knowing, wrote it off. There's a few out there that seem to be able to keep them on the road, but not many. Of close friends that have owned rotarys, 3 from 3 have written them off. Havent had that higher strike rate on any other group of vehicles, not even bikes.

But it was just a generalisation, and just me taking the piss - as I did of the two strokes, of which I own one. I do believe it important to be able to take the piss out of your self, not just others. Shows a sense of balance. Or unbalance . . . not sure which. Don't really care, either.

No need to take everything so seriously Deano, it's all just good fun.

*Edit: In the first paragraph, I meant I've driven this car only to the end of the street. I've also been in fast rotarys several times when they have been driven in anger by their owners.

Deano
13th April 2007, 13:46
Shows a sense of balance. Or unbalance . . . not sure which. Don't really care, either.

Well I'm far from balanced and don't really care, but it's really boring at work and so I like to have a bit of a wind up too. This is me having fun. No need to explain yourself.

I had an RX4 coupe for a couple of years, thrashed it everywhere and never crashed it once. I did write off a 2 smoker once though.

WRT
13th April 2007, 13:50
I had an RX4 coupe for a couple of years, thrashed it everywhere and never crashed it once. I did write off a 2 smoker once though.

Never owned a rotary, and this is my first 2/. Have crashed it PLENTY including cartwheeling it down the beach in 4th, worst damage so far has been a broken rear mudguard when I looped it in third on the Onehunga track. Gotta love mx bikes . . . they take such a beating.

Cant even begin to think what the Aprilia would look like if I looped it in 3rd. :bye:

toymachine
13th April 2007, 14:31
Fek that gixxer kart looks good fun!

Kickaha
13th April 2007, 19:35
that was one of your trikes yeah????

V-Twin TZ250 powered Superkart

jafa18
13th April 2007, 21:01
They describe it as a "four stroke rotary engine" - to me "four stroke" has always described the four operations of the piston per power cycle, ie down = intake, up = compression, down = power, up = exhaust then start again.
While I can see that any one side of the rotor will perform these operations during a single revolution, how is that different to any other rotary built, ie is there any other kind?

People often refer to the rotary engine as a "four stroke", meaning it uses the 4 stroke combustion cycle, just in a different way.....