PDA

View Full Version : HELP, my baby's missing...

lowflyinggt
7th May 2007, 20:37
hey everyone, this is my first post, pitty its in the technical section....
Anyway, i've got a cbr250rr and have riden it a couple of times for short trips (terrourising the nabourhood @ night). Problem is, i think it might be missing. that, or i just dont know what the exhaust should sound like. If it is missing, is it really obvious? it doesn't seem to have the throttle response you'd expect from reving it. the owner said he hadn't riden it for about 3-4 months. It had a heaps of crap in the fuel tank and fuel filter which i cleaned out. i filled it with 95 octane fuel and some injector cleaner. So it shouldn't be a fuel problem unless maybe the carbs aren't setup properly. When i start it cold, it starts quickly with no choke or throttle. but when i stop the engine ...... then start again (stall) :doh: it needs abit of incouragement with the throttle. Is there any quick way of finding out what the problem is? Dunno if the spark plugs have been changed since its been in nz (2-3 Years). maybe my granny riding caused the spark plugs to foul up. (Haven't had it over 12 grand).
Also the idle ajustment will not sit at 1500. Its either 2k or 1k then stall. no matter how little the adjustment. Anyway i've got heaps more questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
hayden

lowflyinggt
7th May 2007, 21:10
also, is there a way to test that your coils are working sweet?

klyong82
7th May 2007, 21:43
If it is not idling properly the carbs are probably dirty. Have you had the carbs cleaned and syncronised? One way to check if it needs to be sync/balanced is when engine is warmed up give it a rev on throttle and let go if it does not stay at 1500rpm but fluctuates up and down then chances it needs to be sync. If you take it to the shop expect to pay $200 to $400 so ask them first.

If you need CBR spark plugs I can sell you 4 for $45 + postage (if needed).

All the best in resolving the issue.

lowflyinggt
7th May 2007, 22:12
cheers bud, i saw you have some plugs for sale. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice