PDA

View Full Version : Water Wetter

Toast
16th May 2007, 11:14
Has anyone got experience with this product?

You add the pink stuff to pure water or a water/glycol mix and it's supposed to keep your engine running cooler.

I have it on pretty good authority that it does actually work, and after using it myself the bike did seem to be cooler after coming in from a session.

The cooling properties of it are not what I'm worried about.

My question is: how long should one keep this stuff in their cooling system for?

It is supposed to have corrosion inhibitors that stop it from rusting your radiator, but I haven't heard much on how effective these are.

Any experiences with long term use would be good to hear.

Pixie
16th May 2007, 11:26
Why do you want your bike to run cooler?
If its temp gauge doesn't enter the red zone there is no problem.
The cooler a heat engine runs the less efficient it is.

Cajun
16th May 2007, 11:30
Most racers use this stuff, since not allowed to use normal type of stuff.

Like anything i would suggust you flush it once a year, you should be all good.

Blackbird
16th May 2007, 11:32
Here's a link to a UK Blackbird thread on it to give you a bit more info on people's experiences: http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/forum/showthread.php?t=32665&highlight=water+wetter

Toast
16th May 2007, 11:41

Sorry, I meant to mention: it's a race bike that I'm using this in. Generally good to get a bit of extra cooling efficiency when the bike is living at the top of its rev range, I'd think.

Cajun
16th May 2007, 11:42
Well if its a race bike, do it
jsut waterwetter and plain h2o

and just clean system once a year min

Toast
16th May 2007, 11:45
Here's a link to a UK Blackbird thread on it to give you a bit more info on people's experiences: http://www.bikersoracle.com/blackbird/forum/showthread.php?t=32665&highlight=water+wetter

Thanks mate, really useful link :niceone:

R6_kid
16th May 2007, 18:58

So thats why superbikes and motogp run oversized radiators... and worked cars need air vents into the bonnet...

slowpoke
16th May 2007, 23:51
I ran this stuff in a turbocharged mini I built up and it definitely helped with some major overheating problems I had. With some ongoing teething problems I ended up changing it our fairly regularly with the head coming off a few times and I didn't see any signs of corrosion problems. Haha, lotsa other problems, but no corrosion problems...

bumsex
17th May 2007, 07:17
For racing I use a maxima product, not sure what it is called but it complies with race track rules and it is pretty good. and its cheap
You get it from either forbes abd davies or whites (wholesalers)

sAsLEX
17th May 2007, 07:47
So thats why superbikes and motogp run oversized radiators... and worked cars need air vents into the bonnet...

no thats cause they are making more HP, from Heat basically, more of one more of the other.

Pixie
17th May 2007, 10:32

So what are you riding?Noddy?
A Honda V5?