PDA

View Full Version : Riding Stories...

Paul in NZ
7th September 2004, 13:08
Folks...

I write a few stories for the Moto Guzzi National Owners Assoc of the good ole' USA. All sorts of shite'

I'd be happy to post a few here if people want to read them but not if you would think it inappropriate. (I'd also be interested in constructive feedback) These stories are all either humerous or deal with the emotive side of biking. They are not generally touring type trip reports...

Some are OK, some are crap.. (like the All the Girls story)

Let me know what you think and if Spankme says it's OK, I will post a couple of samples.

Cheers

merv
7th September 2004, 13:22
If you write it I don't mind hearing it.

James Deuce
7th September 2004, 13:23
Stop being such a shrinking violet (highly improbable as that is for you) and post already!!

Hitcher
7th September 2004, 13:30
To quote Mrs Doyle from Father Ted: "Go on go on go on go on go on go on..."

James Deuce
7th September 2004, 13:46
To quote Mrs Doyle from Father Ted: "Go on go on go on go on go on go on..."
Or my favourite, Jim from the Vicar of Dibley; "NO, NO, No, no, no, no, ............. YES!

Paul in NZ
7th September 2004, 13:59
Stop being such a shrinking violet (highly improbable as that is for you) and post already!!

Unfair!

I'm merely being polite!!! :bleh:

However, just 'cause I like hearing myself speak/write does not mean others do!! (I can be a bit... well you know) Besides, if I'm really nice Spankme might make a place I can post em without splitting them up... :banana:

Cheers

James Deuce
7th September 2004, 14:15
I just checked out your sig Hitcher, and found it interesting, as I always thought that line finished; " half dressed lamb".

toads
7th September 2004, 14:20
Paul you have a wonderful gift of making riding stories sound pretty darned hilarious, please post them, Pete and I loved your last one! I still visualise that girl with the number plate burn on her legs after you left her at the lights, classic! lol

Blakamin
7th September 2004, 14:23
Cant wait!!!! :headbang:

Blakamin
7th September 2004, 14:24
Isnt it "sharp-dressed man"?

duckman
7th September 2004, 15:21
Ist it "sharp-dressed man"?
"every gurls crazy 'bout a 12 inch man".......

Jackrat
7th September 2004, 19:07
I just checked out your sig Hitcher, and found it interesting, as I always thought that line finished; " half dressed lamb".

That's "Sharp dressed man" Sheeeesh!!
Any way PAUL fire away man.

Bob
7th September 2004, 21:44
Folks...

I write a few stories for the Moto Guzzi National Owners Assoc of the good ole' USA. All sorts of shite'

I'd be happy to post a few here if people want to read them but not if you would think it inappropriate. (I'd also be interested in constructive feedback) These stories are all either humerous or deal with the emotive side of biking. They are not generally touring type trip reports...

Some are OK, some are crap.. (like the All the Girls story)

Let me know what you think and if Spankme says it's OK, I will post a couple of samples.

Cheers

Sounds good to me - wonder if SpankMe could set you (and anyone else who would like to come up with similar stuff) a set place for this sort of thing?

Maybe even call it "Riding Stories"?

Y'never know, once I see the sort of thing you're putting up, with a little luck I might even be able to contribute!

When asking for it to be in it's own area, I'm not trying to 'protect' this bit (I'd love to see more people report news in here aside from me - I just do the newsround bit as a part-time job for a magazine and thought I'd extend what I do to here), but I did ask for this as a central place for news, so I think another section for 'features' would be a good idea personally.

Just one thing - if you are writing this stuff for the Moto Guzzi National Owners Assoc... are they paying you? And if so, then your work will almost certainly be under copyright (not that you can't write about the same thing but change the words a bit).

Just trying to cover your back here.

LB
8th September 2004, 05:42
I'm keen for a good read - yes please Paul!

Dodgyiti
8th September 2004, 07:12
I'm keen Paul,
But then again I might be from a slightly biased background :banana:
Plus I love a good story, if there's a Guzzi or two in it then even better :2thumbsup

Paul in NZ
8th September 2004, 07:20
Paying me????

:shit:

Theres a novel though.. People get PAID to do stuff like that???

Paul N

Hitcher
8th September 2004, 09:51
Yours is better! Next week's has promise...

Hitcher
8th September 2004, 09:53
That's "Sharp dressed man" Sheeeesh!!
Any way PAUL fire away man.
I've already done "Hit me with your pet shark, fire away!"

Please endeavour to keep up!

riffer
8th September 2004, 10:27
I've already done "Hit me with your pet shark, fire away!"

Please endeavour to keep up!
Ah but not as good as

Until I kissed a stop sign and a dirty porcupine

which is one of my favourites. Can you guess what song that's from?

Hitcher
8th September 2004, 11:36
Ah but not as good as

Until I kissed a stop sign and a dirty porcupine

which is one of my favourites. Can you guess what song that's from?
"Advance Australia Fair"?

Mongoose
8th September 2004, 11:53
Paul, you ability to recount stories is legendary. Any one who does not want to read does not have to, so DO NOT spoil it for those of us who gain great enjoyment from reading your yarns.
If they were no good the yanks would have told you to bugger off by now.

Paul in NZ
8th September 2004, 11:56
Paul, you ability to recount stories is legendary. Any one who does not want to read does not have to, so DO NOT spoil it for those of us who gain great enjoyment from reading your yarns.
If they were no good the yanks would have told you to bugger off by now.

I don't think they were too pleased with me being boogle eyed about the thread discussing the best way to carry a hang gun on a motorcycle...

sheesh!

Dodgyiti
8th September 2004, 12:18
There is going to be a Guzzi in the story isnt there? :eek:
Unless it is a break down tale, then we'll know it's fictional. :killingme