PDA

View Full Version : TLR1000 oil leak

200BUSA
27th May 2007, 20:46
Well i just did an oil change,and went for a ride and the bike is leaking from somewhere in front of front sprocket.I cleaned up the mess and started bike- ran for a while and no leak.Then round the block,get back and oil pissing out but i cant find the exact spot its leaking from,
Anyone got any ideas at all.

Hopefully i can have this fixed before the Brass Monkey Rally.

clutch pushrod seal has been mentioned,not sure.

paturoa
28th May 2007, 06:52
One other thought, is it engine oil, or clutch fluid? On the SV, the clutch slave cylinders leak there too. Check the clutch fluid level and eliminate that.

98tls
28th May 2007, 09:54
As Speedie said.................did mine a couple of months ago.

200BUSA
28th May 2007, 20:28
Thanks guys i will try that.any idea on the cost of seal kit, and how long does it take to fix? cheers.

98tls
28th May 2007, 20:37
Bugger all.................a wee bit fiddley to fit...........clean it all down with kero and paintbrush first...........honestly very simple and cheap to do........cant emphasize make sure area is clean enough.......any little bit of grit and it will leak again................

200BUSA
28th May 2007, 20:56
Good one, i will get a seal kit tomorrow as long as they are in stock.cheers.will let you know how it goes.

98tls
28th May 2007, 21:11
Remembering this is an S........same applys to an R............may help.to put new seal in use a socket the same size........gently tap to put seal in evenly.........

200BUSA
29th May 2007, 20:37
Well went to get a seal and as usual its EX Auckland so have to wait till Wed to pick it up, at least it was only $7.95 for it.So hopefully its an easy fix before the Brass Monkey.Bust tomorrow night so will be Thurs night before i can tackle it.Heres hoping i dont bugger the seal getting it in.

200BUSA
31st May 2007, 19:51
Picked up the seal on the way to work today,finally.So just home from work and time to install,hopefully not to late a night. How long to do this job?

riffer
31st May 2007, 22:13
Bugger me, you guys are helpful.

Well done. :yes: