PDA

View Full Version : Bike won't start

Indiana_Jones
28th May 2007, 17:26
ok, My bike been's acting up.

I put new plugs and oil in her, and now she won't even start, the start motor turns over, but it's not igniting.

Advice?

I'm gonna get it down to a shop sometime as I can't be fucked anymore really :shutup:

Cheer

-Indy

surfer
28th May 2007, 18:07
Man that is bad luck. You seem to have had a bit of a run of it lately with your bike. Hope you manage to sort it ok.

Is this all you did change the oil and plugs? Was it going ok before then?

You could try this for five minutes before you take it somewhere if you haven't already:

Did you test for a spark by holding the plug against the engine? Now is a good time to do this as it is dark and you'll spot it easy.

Did you put the right spark plugs in (is it possible to check against the ones that were in there before?).

Did you push the plugs right into the caps on the the ht leads?

Did you put the ht leads to the right place? You didn't inadvertently swop 'em over did you to the wrong cylinders?

Has the battery got enough juice in it?

Good luck

Toaster
28th May 2007, 18:08
yeah, what he said....

98tls
28th May 2007, 18:09
Not being a wanker here at all but..........have you checked the kill switch........believe me its been done before...........:innocent:

surfer
28th May 2007, 18:21
Not being a wanker here at all but..........have you checked the kill switch........believe me its been done before...........:innocent:

Too true...

Got one more for you if that lot doesn't do it; check the spark plug gap.

Indiana_Jones
28th May 2007, 20:44
Well all seems in order, Kill switch is on, gap seems ok, and i'm pretty sure there's gas in the carbs.

But I don't think I'm getting a spark, or maybe I'm just missing it. But anyways, I'll just chuck it to a shop to fix it, I've tried everything on KB and it's failed, so I'll just have to pay up lol

-Indy