PDA

View Full Version : K3/K4 GSXR 1000 Head

The Stranger
31st May 2007, 15:38
Anyone have one of the above kicking around they want to part with please?

I have an motor here that dropped 2 valves, thankfully it was whilst cranking. so no major damage to the pistons or bores, but the pistons have at some stage kissed several of the valves.
Apparently this is most likely the result of an over rev due to a missed gear change. Who'd have thought a missed gear change could cause so much damage?
Well not me anyway.

kiwifruit
31st May 2007, 15:47
Keith at vic wreckers will have one
fast delivery
sharp prices

email:
vicwreck@iinet.net.au

The Stranger
31st May 2007, 15:50
Keith at vic wreckers will have one
fast delivery
sharp prices

email:
vicwreck@iinet.net.au

Thank you sir, he was my first call. He's still looking for one at this stage, but wanted to see what (if anything) was available locally too.

HDTboy
31st May 2007, 21:01
That's a classic overrev.
Have you pulled the head off yet Noel? I could take a look at the damage on Monday if you bring the motor round

The Stranger
31st May 2007, 22:19
That's a classic overrev.
Have you pulled the head off yet Noel? I could take a look at the damage on Monday if you bring the motor round

Thanks for that, but the head is at Engine Specialties on the shore now. They seem pretty bloody switched on and straight up.
Obviously the 2 dropped exhaust valves need replacing. They say that 4 of the inlets need replacing and the rest of the inlets should be replaced as they have kissed too, but not so badly.
Just trying to weigh up the options at this stage. Looks like it will be similar cost to get a head from Victorian Wreckers in Ausie as to get this one repaired.

Incidentally it is not for my bike. Christ I will be bloody careful with gear changes after this though.

HDTboy
1st June 2007, 08:04
Oh know the story of this one, and I know Dave. He is a top bloke, and extremely clever