PDA

View Full Version : Head

ALLY G
1st July 2007, 21:34
:yes: Thought that would get your attention lol
What I need to know is are there any good performance head shops (porting / polishing) in Auckland ? or close to it? I want more GGs out of my busa.

ALLY G
3rd July 2007, 17:28
Ok how about anywhere in the north island then ??

Paul in NZ
3rd July 2007, 17:35
I guess folks are indicating there may be easier ways to improve it's performance? The web must be full of them?

What?
3rd July 2007, 19:55
Try Ray Clee. He's in Auckland somewhere.

ALLY G
5th July 2007, 18:03
Thanks What?
I'm hedding his way tomorow (got a jod to do in the same street)

Pussy
5th July 2007, 21:10
Ray Clee or Brian Bernard (phone 06 342 9915...Wanganui). Both these guys have immense experience of extracting ponies from Suzuki motors

ALLY G
15th July 2007, 14:32
Ta puss
Ray's way too deep in race bike prep at the mo & Brian is to farr for me to see how its done nosey bugger that I am.

slowpoke
15th July 2007, 16:50
Not sure how current your profile pic is but if you are still running the stock exhaust system you are going to be fairly limited as far as extracting anything worthwhile is concerned. Not to mention the weight of the stock exhaust system...
There's lots of info on the 'net regarding porting these things so have you considered having a crack yourself? It's a labour intensive job hence it's frikkin' expensive when you are paying upwards of $50/hr and you can get some worthwhile gains with basic mods.
I've had some major dramas with my R1 that I have required some expert help with and the guys have given the cams/head/valves a tickle up while they were at it. It's about to go on the dyno and as yet I'm not sure how effective it's been so I'm loathe to recommend them at this stage. You don't want to know how much it's cost me..........

FROSTY
16th July 2007, 17:55
Ally Give the boys at Haldanes a yeodle .They use a really good head shop Im just not sure who it is Im sorry

speedpro
23rd July 2007, 22:36
Make sure you do a dyno run BEFORE you get anything done. That way you know for sure if an improvement has been made when you retune.

You are going to need them anyway so why not go and get a good pipe, air filter and a power commander then get a custom map loaded.

Don't be tempted by a cheaper ECU option. What you save on the ECU you will lose ten times over getting the tuning done. In conjunction with a dynojet dyno the Power Commander is tuned in about 1/2-1 hour.

Be wary of claims for gains from people doing modifications. We had an R6 in last week with lots of work done and even once tuned to perfection it was still 2hp down on stock and not just at the peak.

ALLY G
24th July 2007, 21:48
Ta speedpro
Got the power commander fuel mapper and the ignition module so shouldnt have any problems there.
Already had one run showing 161Hp @ the rear but the soft wear was playin up so got another to do tomorow hope there are some gains to be had !
Any one got a spare 6K to give me ?? promise to spend it wisely (turbo,lockup clutch,No2,water injection ect) lol.

ALLY G
24th July 2007, 21:57
MORE POWER !!!!!!:Punk: