PDA

View Full Version : zzr250 speedo gear ratio's

dhunt
22nd September 2004, 13:54
Hey

Just wondering if anyone knows what the speedo ratio's are for a zzr250, 1992. I've got a mate that is turning his into a nake bike after a binning and is thinking about putting a bandit speedo on it as the originals are too big.

Thanks
David

Cajun
22nd September 2004, 14:04
Hey

Just wondering if anyone knows what the speedo ratio's are for a zzr250, 1992. I've got a mate that is turning his into a nake bike after a binning and is thinking about putting a bandit speedo on it as the originals are too big.

Thanks
David

shrug zzr250 good bikes i had one for 4 years, taught 5 people to ride on it. and they go bloody well i abused mine for that 4 years it spend most of its time close to redline, it was a 96 done 10,000kms when we got when i traded it done just under 60,000kms and i had only just replaced cam chain(they normal die at like 40,000 but mine was still perfect but decided to replace it anyway) as long as you change oil every 5000kms, mine didn't like motol oil it drank it, if i ever put it in for some strange reason.

But i don't think a bandit will work correctly

FROSTY
22nd September 2004, 18:15
Dude Ive built a shit load of Nekkid bikes in my time. The ratio per se is determined by the speedo drive not by the speedo itself. As long as the speedo cable fits then the speedo will work fine.

dhunt
22nd September 2004, 18:19
Dude Ive built a shit load of Nekkid bikes in my time. The ratio per se is determined by the speedo drive not by the speedo itself. As long as the speedo cable fits then the speedo will work fine.Makes sense. Thanks, I'll pass that on.

David

FROSTY
22nd September 2004, 18:29
Makes sense. Thanks, I'll pass that on.

David
if ya mate needs a hand Ive probably got the brackets and stuff he needs

dhunt
22nd September 2004, 22:47
if ya mate needs a hand Ive probably got the brackets and stuff he needs
Thanks, will let you know if he needs anything for it. You wouldn't have a spare right brake bracket for it though would you. His was broken and has been welded up but looks a bit crusty.

Thanks
David