PDA

View Full Version : Dumped water?

kiwi cowboy
29th July 2007, 16:32
ok i just came back from town and puled up at home [slowly down 2km driveway] pulled up at garage put the bike on the side stand and got off bike [was still idling] looked down to see water pissing out of the over flow pipe.
the temp gauge was hardly reading and did go up a bit apon turning off[probly normal?]i took the radiator cap off and water wasnt overly hot.
i blew into the top of the resuvour and blew the water out of the tank back into the radiator and filled it back up. y would it do this all of a sudden?
stuck radiator cap?.
there was a bit of sludgy shit went from hose into radiator[i got this out]but it did block the hose when blowing water through to the radiator could this have had somthing to do with it.
i stoped for fuel about 50kms from home with no problems.
bike is 85 fz750
cheers for any help

FROSTY
29th July 2007, 18:10
Reading your post has me thinking You have a stuck thermostat.

kiwi cowboy
29th July 2007, 23:18
Reading your post has me thinking You have a stuck thermostat.

ok i just went out and tryed to pull the thermostat out and have a look and someone has beaten me to it so i better get one o them. any outher thoughts? could the pressure cap be faulty?

FROSTY
29th July 2007, 23:23
Stat gone says the bikes had an overheat issue before.
Places to look--Water pump not working--sheared or worn out.Blocked water works.Fan not working One horrible thought is blown head gasket

kiwi cowboy
30th July 2007, 00:08
Stat gone says the bikes had an overheat issue before.
Places to look--Water pump not working--sheared or worn out.Blocked water works.Fan not working One horrible thought is blown head gasket

i did start the bike when i first took the cap off when got home and seamed to be a good sorta flow returning from the motor[had my suspisions then about whether or not it had a stat in it].fan comes in when the temp reaches about halfway up green or a bit more but cuts in and out ok[left it iddling one day to let it heat up to check that.
blown head gasket shudder any way of checking that

FROSTY
30th July 2007, 08:29
Is there any tan foamy shit under the rad cap or in the overflow bottle.? Thats indication number 1

kiwi cowboy
30th July 2007, 17:47
Is there any tan foamy shit under the rad cap or in the overflow bottle.? Thats indication number 1

took the overflow pipe off beside cap and ran bike till hot when revved it was blowing water out and when i took radiator cap off white froth cam out so blown head gasket it is. back to horse riden by looks. cheers for the help frosty