PDA

View Full Version : Pocketbike Racing Mt Wgtn Go-Kart Track

granma2
29th July 2007, 17:35
Pocketbike/Minimoto/Pitbike racing at Mt Wellington Go-Kart Track
Pitbikes will race with the buckets.

11th August, Saturday.
8.30am sign on, till 4pm approx.
AMCC/MNZ members, free practice. $10 to race.
Everyone else, $20 for the day.

Please ensure you have proper safety gear.
Full face helmet.
Knee/Elbow pads.
Shoes that cover the ankles.
Gloves.
Long sleeves and long pants. No T-Shirts or shorts.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.

boostin
29th July 2007, 17:49
Pocketbike/Minimoto/Pitbike racing at Mt
10th August, Saturday.

Saturday is the 11th.

Will be there with the pit bike if I can sort out some half decent suspension, tires, and a carb.

granma2
29th July 2007, 19:15
Can you adjust your suspension? If you can harden it up you will be fine.
What size wheels have you got? We have a set of 10" tyres for cheap. I think they were only used twice.

boostin
29th July 2007, 19:25
I was there this month on the Sat and the rear shock was so crap I decided to replace it. I bought a set of 10" wheels and tyres, just need to replace the tyres with something with a half decent profile and grip. Should get all this sorted by the 11th.

granma2
29th July 2007, 19:44
Ours are a set of Pirelli 10" motard tyres. They are a softish compound. If you want em you can have em for $20. They cost us quite a bit new.

We only replaced them cause we changed to 12" wheels.

boostin
29th July 2007, 20:53
No relation to Shelracing? I was going to give him (Steve?) a call about some 10" tyres he said he had left over.

$20 sounds good to me, any chance of picking them up next weekend?

Gadgit
30th July 2007, 19:49
Hay Boostin
Steve is Granma2's man lol great couple to chat to... they have a big love for the buckets

SHELRACING
31st July 2007, 18:23
No relation to Shelracing? I was going to give him (Steve?) a call about some 10" tyres he said he had left over.

$20 sounds good to me, any chance of picking them up next weekend?

Yes and Yes. call/txt Steve 0272796933.

SHELRACING
31st July 2007, 18:26
Hay Boostin
Steve is Granma2's man lol great couple to chat to... they have a big love for the buckets

Hey Gadgit, Troy has got his Polini up for sale...Know anyone who can loan me $1500..:crybaby: LOL

Gadgit
31st July 2007, 19:11
OO man witch one his 4.2 or the GP3??? $1500 is a good price for the 4.2 and down right cheeeeep for the GP3 lol

SHELRACING
1st August 2007, 20:22
Its the one his son rode I think. I rode it at Silverdale Indoor track and it was LOVE AT FIRST RIDE!!!:yes:

PZR
7th August 2007, 12:19
Hi Granma, at the last meeting we spoke briefly about my daughter having a go on the track on her minibike. Is that still a possibility, she will have all the required gear
Thanks
PZR

PZR
7th August 2007, 12:26
While I am on the subject, in one of the previous threads about Mt Wellington track I saw someone offer a ride on their bucket to try it out. I have to admit to being extremely interested in bucket racing as it might be easier on my poor old bod than dirt biking so I was wondering if some kind sole would be prepared to let me have a go to try it out (please please grovel grovel) I have done the occasional track day etc but never racing and this looks closer to my budget.
I have all the required gear
Anyone????????

CM2005
13th August 2007, 09:08
do it. that was a wicked weekend!!

SHELRACING
13th August 2007, 20:23
While I am on the subject, in one of the previous threads about Mt Wellington track I saw someone offer a ride on their bucket to try it out. I have to admit to being extremely interested in bucket racing as it might be easier on my poor old bod than dirt biking so I was wondering if some kind sole would be prepared to let me have a go to try it out (please please grovel grovel) I have done the occasional track day etc but never racing and this looks closer to my budget.
I have all the required gear
Anyone????????

So how did you like it then!!!!
I guess your daughter is going to hound you for a pocketbike now. She certainly didn't want to get off, that's for sure. By the time she's 13 she will be on a bucket.
On Sunday, Carl Willis came down and has a bucket for sale. Steve has his dad's phone number, so if your interested just let me know.
Ellen.

SHELRACING
13th August 2007, 20:26
do it. that was a wicked weekend!!

yeah it sure was Josh. You didnt fall off.:not: LOL

Hope you liked my lunch though. LOL

CM2005
13th August 2007, 20:37
I guess your daughter is going to hound you for a pocketbike now. She certainly didn't want to get off, that's for sure. By the time she's 13 she will be on a bucket.
On Sunday, Carl Willis came down and has a bucket for sale. Steve has his dad's phone number, so if your interested just let me know.
Ellen.

OI!!! its not a GP125 is it? I bags 1st offers! D'you know how much he wants?:shutup:

PZR
25th August 2007, 21:18
Ellen.
Just like to say thanks to everyone I met. What a great enviroment. My daughter loved it and asked me to buy her a pocket bike on the way home. I had a great ride on the bucket, after giving it some careful thought I will leave it for a while as we are waiting to see if I will be building an extension to the house this summer, so if that goes ahead it will take up all my riding time anyway, so I will see what happens with plans and permits first, but a bucket would be high on my list to the point I have been looking at wrecks at Turners. Thanks for the info Ellen and I may be in touch but it will be a few months away at this time
Cheers
Evan