PDA

View Full Version : Honda VFR400

Prof - R
14th August 2007, 18:57
hey all

just would like to know if any one knows where to get some engine performance parts for the vfr400 nc30 1992

any information be really grateful

thanks

moT
14th August 2007, 19:07
have you stripped it all back? go at it all with a grinder and a hack saw first if you havent saveing kgs is easer than geting hp

Chrislost
14th August 2007, 19:26
engine preformance?
dont raise the comp by skimming the block, as you will have a good time finding the gears for the cam drive!
$$$$:gob:

moT
14th August 2007, 19:48
engine preformance?
dont raise the comp by skimming the block, as you will have a good time finding the gears for the cam drive!
$$$$:gob:

theres another way of doing that its tricky and im not sure how but i know theres another way

Prof - R
14th August 2007, 19:51
well more so was looking at stuff that might just be ready to bolt on or just exchange it

Prof - R
14th August 2007, 19:53
tom . yes i have stripped it already there nothing on there that is just for show if its on its doing something but just want try get more power out of it

moT
14th August 2007, 21:39
you can remove the radiator fan on the bottom radiator... that things a bit heavy and not really needed.. i also advise running it total loss thats easy and cheap hp... just rip out all the flywheel and alternator and take starte motor out. also cut ur pegs in half vfr pegs are very low and wide

Prof - R
14th August 2007, 22:34
thanks for that tom

limbimtimwim
14th August 2007, 22:42
FactoryPro make a carb kit for the little VFR: http://factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prodh18.html

I'll tell you on Sunday how far off (or how close to the mark) the suggested settings were on my RVF.

The gearing on the VFR isn't as silly as that on the RVF, but you could consider changing sprockets too.

Prof - R
14th August 2007, 23:09
yes i have heard of that but was not sure to what size i should change it to as in the number of teeth

limbimtimwim
15th August 2007, 06:19
Have a play with this:
http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/gearing_v12.xls

Change the values for the VFR and have a play with the amount of teeth on the sprockets so you can see the effect on top speed.

montsta56
15th August 2007, 08:47
A Couple of hours with a good Dyno bloke will make sure your getting full HP.

more_fasterer
15th August 2007, 09:34
Personally I suggest going up to a 44 or 45 tooth rear sprocket from the standard 40.

Lots of good info here: http://www.400greybike.co.uk/Wksp-NC30EngineMods.asp

Prof - R
15th August 2007, 19:01
thats for all that info guys

vagrant
16th August 2007, 13:16
theres another way of doing that its tricky and im not sure how but i know theres another way

You shim the cam gear carrier and the cam carrier up by the same amount you took off the block.
You can get steel washers precision ground to thickness. (steel washers so they stick to the electro magnet bed of the grinder) (expensive but good)
Or you can by shim stock from an engineering supplies shop and after you cut and drill it to suit, you can peel it to the right thickness. (cheaper and not so accurate)

This is not normally done for perfomance, but after getting the block decked if you have had to put new cylinder liners in.

moT
16th August 2007, 14:55
You shim the cam gear carrier and the cam carrier up by the same amount you took off the block.
You can get steel washers precision ground to thickness. (steel washers so they stick to the electro magnet bed of the grinder) (expensive but good)
Or you can by shim stock from an engineering supplies shop and after you cut and drill it to suit, you can peel it to the right thickness. (cheaper and not so accurate)

This is not normally done for perfomance, but after getting the block decked if you have had to put new cylinder liners in.

yep thats it..

Prof - R
16th August 2007, 22:08
thanks for the information guys :yes: