PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from China, crazy crazy

newmanz
24th August 2007, 20:54
Well just got back from a factory inspection Yongkang China. We checked the assembly line and quality control for a new Dirt Bike being made.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I wanted them to do a jump test, to see how the bikes and ATV would handle a 1 to 2 meter drop.....

Well.. heres how it went...

Told them what I wanted to see done
Got invited back the next day to see 2 steel ramps built inside an empty warehouse... one about 1M high, and another monster about 2-3 meters high.
2 bikes way down the end, onex 2 wheeler and 1x 4 wheeler 200cc 4 stroke ATV...

Factory boss strides in so proud.... points to some sucker from factory line and points to bikes, this guy nods and runs off down ( to what I am thinking is certain doom)

The 2 wheeler mini 50cc easily does 3 jumps on the 1 meter height but finaly breaks welds under seat....

The ATV, and this is still the funniest thing I ever seen..
The ATV rider is so scared he just idles down the end for about 10 minutes, obviously shitting himself... ( I would be too)
Finaly he goes for it, but at last minute backs off the throttle, (as soon as i heard the engine RPM drop my eyebrows lifted) the ATV goes over the ramp, the nose comes down and crashes into the concrete floor, folding both wheels up and in, breaking off at the A frame, the bike slides to a holt in a shower of sparks with the rider folded up over the handlebars.... man I clapped and laughed so hard, what a great day.... Anyway, next day another guy rode same ATV over with no problems.... never saw the first guy again... probably buried out back somewhere eh? Oh yeah i got vids too if your interested... only of the good jumps, wasnt allowed to show the crash..lol :2thumbsup

Edbear
24th August 2007, 20:59
ROFL!!!! CLASSIC!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Bling for dat!

mbazza
24th August 2007, 21:09
Could be that the Chineese need some of our top flight stunt people, or do you think they did well enough on their own? Cheers.:lol:

Gadgit
26th August 2007, 16:45
Lol would make a good funniest home video clip aye haha

Steam
26th August 2007, 17:18
Oh yeah i got vids too if your interested... only of the good jumps, wasnt allowed to show the crash..lol :2thumbsup

Hell yes! Post them up somewhere and linky through to here.

nudemetalz
26th August 2007, 18:16
They need the Kiwi Stunt dude off "Balls Of Steel" TV programme.

gijoe1313
26th August 2007, 18:25
Sounds like a Jackie Chan comedy moment! Glad to hear you're inspecting all the products so you know they are dependable!

shafty
26th August 2007, 19:08
lol lol POST THAT VID! lol lol

07fatboy
27th August 2007, 03:18
Come on bro dont hold back on us...talk about being a company man eh!company crash test dummies more like it Ha ha...

Korea
27th August 2007, 08:38
Anyway, next day another guy rode same ATV over with no problems.... never saw the first guy again... probably buried out back somewhere eh?

He was probably hanging his head in shame somewhere for losing 'face'.

The thing is, if the concept of losing 'face' is so important to Chinese - why do they set themselves up for a fall so often???

A dude on the street in Beijing was selling 'indestructable' mugs - to prove it, he would smash them into the ground without breakage to the amazement of the onlookers.
Until, predictably, he did it once too often and broke a chunk off. Oh the shame! Red-faced with embarrasment, he promptly packed up and fled... But not before we snapped up a couple of mugs - I'm not in the habit of smashing mugs onto concrete surfaces so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Funny story about the bikes :niceone:

newmanz
30th September 2007, 14:57
I am working on getting link up for the ATV wheel folding video, just been flat out busy lately and this is my first time back on here for ages. excuses excuses I know...... lol