PDA

View Full Version : Get people out of cars and onto bikes campaign

Jahdafario
31st August 2007, 15:51
Hi Guys,

We need to get all members in our club to actively tell/text/paste shit on peoples cars to get on motorbikes and get out of their cars:

For the reasons:

-NZ $ is not sustainable at its high price and gas prices to fuel those hunk of 4 wheel junk are going to be a huge whack on the ole wallet soon

-NZ is becoming the new Italy (More uptake on motorcycle/scooter riders in Italy), makes it safer for 2 Wheelers. (Ignorant Car drivers can go get FUCKED!)

-Its safer to ride a bike with more bikes on the road.

-Bikes are more agile and give you much more freedom!!!

-Petrol consumption will go down, more money in peoples wallets.

-Just make other shit up like I have done above to get people into getting bikes.

Try and convert people from cars to bikes like how Church people persistently nag people to come to their church. Eventually people will give in and they will turn up to one service. Except with bikes, once they try it, its like coke, you know it could be harmful to you, but you still want more.

If everyone gets at least 1 person to buy a bike in September, that will be a good start.
Even if they have to get a loan, as long as they use the money for the right thing :).!

Steam
31st August 2007, 16:00
You own a bike shop, right?
Even if they have to get a loan or a finance company?
Why all the proselytising? Christians and Hari Krishnas are annoying enough, do we really need bikers on street corners preaching the word of the wheel?
Nah, I reckon you are trolling.
Don't feed the trolls!

HDTboy
31st August 2007, 17:27
My bike uses twice as much fuel for any given distance as my car

nodrog
31st August 2007, 17:32
My bike uses twice as much fuel for any given distance as my car

same here, and it probably emmits more bad shit into the enviroment than any car.

motoGP
31st August 2007, 17:35
same here, and it probably emmits more bad shit into the enviroment than any car.

Mine for sure emmits more bad stuff than several cars combined.:whistle:

R6_kid
31st August 2007, 17:45
Stop smoking weed and do some study...

I would be more worried if 50% of people currently driving cages/4x4's/whatever were riding bikes... most people in cages are too retarded and are a hazard to themselves as it is.

Maha
31st August 2007, 17:50
Can just see my folks now....'Goldwing Heaven'.....i dont think that will be an improvement...:crazy:

Ignorant Car drivers can go get FUCKED!.....Mmmmm i own a car, we are not all ignorant, just some are....doof doof!

Grahameeboy
31st August 2007, 17:53
You own a bike shop, right? or a finance company?
Why all the proselytising? Christians and Hari Krishnas are annoying enough, do we really need bikers on street corners preaching the word of the wheel?
Nah, I reckon you are trolling.
Don't feed the trolls!

Hey you......:2guns:

yungatart
31st August 2007, 17:58
I'd be pretty pissed off if someone pasted anything on my car!
It certainly wouldn't persuade me to try their product - quite the opposite, in fact!

ehab2weelr
31st August 2007, 18:31
com on dan.. do u realy want more bikes on the road then cars????
if thats how its gana be then we wont be special on the road any more.
kids well not have any one to look up to....:clap:
and one more thing if every onr rids a bike means cops would do too. and theres no more getawy for us true bikers (not my self :Oops:)

sory dan for not suportin yea :calm:. but i gata stand for my belifes :clap:

bomma
31st August 2007, 18:36
lol quite a back-fire dan!!! nw everyone thinks you're either a dirty loan shark or u run a bike store and are using this as a disguised form of advertising :lol:

i can vouch for dan he's a great guy DEFINATELY not a loan shark or a bike shop owner hahaha

he's just really worried and really REALLY doesnt like cars (specially after what happened to kyle (2wheeljunkie) recently

dan just got a vtr250 (what a lovely bike:love:) which does like 300kms to a 12l tank and is clean azzz so yea

definately a good idea tho to get more people out of cars and onto bikes...or at least promoting car pooling to reduce traffic and morons who pull out of nowhere with their eyes close

98tls
31st August 2007, 18:47
Stop smoking weed and do some study...

I would be more worried if 50% of people currently driving cages/4x4's/whatever were riding bikes... most people in cages are too retarded and are a hazard to themselves as it is. :stupid:i have to agree

Hanne
31st August 2007, 22:11
go to india or thailand or countries inbetween... gawd, so many bikes, so crazy when they're ALL waiting at the front of the lights :msn-wink:

(so i am told)

NighthawkNZ
31st August 2007, 22:29
dan just got a vtr250 (what a lovely bike:love:) which does like 300kms to a 12l tank and is clean azzz so yea

definately a good idea tho to get more people out of cars and onto bikes...or at least promoting car pooling to reduce traffic and morons who pull out of nowhere with their eyes close

Other have just got a vtr 250 today... went for ride she came back with that grin you get...

Anyway.. I wouldn't be promoting more bikes, less cars ... blah blah blah personal choice and all that... etc etc etc...

But what does need promoting is driver education, (including some of lot on bikes). And to those in cages to respect bike riders as legal form of transport that is allowed to be on the road and keep you eyes open for that bike that could pop up from behind that other car

motorbyclist
1st September 2007, 17:07
go to india or thailand or countries inbetween... gawd, so many bikes, so crazy when they're ALL waiting at the front of the lights :msn-wink:

(so i am told)

yeah, while conjestion would definetly be reduced, you couldn't exactly cut to the front of every cue...

although i would like to see ALOT more bikes on the road; traffic will improve and bike/gear prices should drop (after the initial spike that we have now where 250s cost more than 600s)

EDIT: added bonuses would be more parking capacity in the city, and less road damage/wear, but the flipside is that bikes may have to start paying for parking and petrol taxes may have to increase (or road quality decrease) to cover the loss of income from all those 2L V8s parked on the motorway

Jahdafario
2nd September 2007, 00:07
Hmm, yeah that sure did backfire,

to those that are sincerely worried above, I am sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a loan shark, finance company or a shop owner. I see the huge upset this might cause to you guys above and a thousand wads of candyfloss that may fall from the sky higgery diggery waaaaaaah :shit:... crybabies

Yeah mate the lil VTR is neat for the meantime, and I'm stoked with it, just wish it was a little bit louder.

Yeah Ehab, I agree, it is fun on a bike competing with all the cars out there, but I might leave those passing cars on blind left hand double yellow lined corners to those opportunist riders out there ;)

Hmm, hopefully we get a turnout on Sunday, if not, there will be just a few

Jahdafario
2nd September 2007, 00:13
com on dan.. do u realy want more bikes on the road then cars????

Um, yeah maybe. Reading the other posts, possibly, but possibly not. Perhaps more scooter drivers to overtake?, but I just had a lady nearly take me out pulling out of a street in her Audi on her cell phone straight after work in Newmarket. I stand out like a sore thumb because I have a yellow vest on, and she nearly stacked me and my VTR, so close, bout a foot in it before she slammed her brakes on and I went past.

I guess I am just sick of having to dodge dumb driver every couple of minutes. Yes I choose to commute on the bike. But these people piss me off. And maybe, just maybe, if they were on bikes, and just as careless as they were in a car, they would stack themselves, and one less fuckwit to deal with on the road. (Sorry, so cold, so cold).

Maybe I am a bad person Nish :eek:

motorbyclist
2nd September 2007, 00:57
nah i agree entirely with that; i had one girl pull out of a side street one morning infront of me without looking

the fuckwit-est part was that she couldn't actually see thru her windows as she had parked outside and never wiped her windows. she didn't know anything of the 15m stoppie i pulled untill i told her, and advised her that next time she pull into traffic she should atleast accelerate to more than 20kph

motorbyclist
2nd September 2007, 00:59
oh, and another friday night on a roundabout where a 4wd on our left watched my brother going past him and put his foot down and THEN looked right to see me miss his bumper by about an inch

KATWYN
2nd September 2007, 13:06
You own a bike shop, right? or a finance company?

Lol. That was my first thoughts too.....

ehab2weelr
2nd September 2007, 13:56
com on people. it is a good idea...its just Ethically not excepted.:niceone:
dont give dan a hard time... at least he took the initiative of macking sure its ok with us bikers before going publicly.
good on yea dan for thinking before acting and thinking out side the box :headbang:
just dont go too fare out of the box next time aye dan :msn-wink: :laugh:

RC1
2nd September 2007, 14:07
my bike uses more gas then my people mover so wheres the logic that bikes using less gas

2wheeljunkie
2nd September 2007, 15:24
i agree wit ehab in saying that dan is a good c**t to suggest ways for us to avoid cageers who most of the time are reallly not paying attention while driving..i think we need to change the term cagers to day dreamers:niceone:...and i can back up dan on not being a yard owner but i dunno abt the loan shark thing..hermm..:devil2:

Coyote
2nd September 2007, 16:09
We need to get all members in our club to actively tell/text/paste shit on peoples cars to get on motorbikes and get out of their cars

Can cars ride bikes?

We should all get these cars inside our cars, they sound smaller and more fuel economical.

In all seriousness though, I like the fact that bikes are more exclusive. Cars tend to draw in the idiots that are simply into grabbing attention by being loud and putting vast sums of money into bling, and luckily harley's pick up the other's that don't want a car. Keeps the motorcycling breed pure.

2wheeljunkie
2nd September 2007, 17:08
pretty much sumed up what i wanted to say bt didnt cause i din know how to put it..well done coyote..right on the money..:niceone:

Chrislost
3rd September 2007, 21:14
all you need to do is roll past a boy racer car and look down at their gfs.
then laugh when they boost past you,
thenpass them without changing from your cruze.

klyong82
3rd September 2007, 21:20
all you need to do is roll past a boy racer car and look down at their gfs.
then laugh when they boost past you,
thenpass them without changing from your cruze.

Hahahaa i did that with a couple of wrx on queen st. :banana:

motorbyclist
4th September 2007, 00:37
lol i remember back in the days of my fxr150 i would beat boy racers across intersections no prob. man it was funny

now i'm at 100kph before they've even hit 50 :lol:

ehab2weelr
4th September 2007, 11:28
i have found out that boyracers are love to drage us bikes...:blink:
they some times beat me if its a realy fast car..:( this is when i wish i have a cbr 600.
but i love it when wee littel hondas :baby: try to drage me. some times i dont even notice untell i hear them at high rpm tryn to catch up..:lol:

Chrislost
4th September 2007, 11:47
i got beaten by a civic once.
i was on a gsxr though
mind you he won because i broke out

klyong82
4th September 2007, 11:50
i got beaten by a civic once.
i was on a gsxr though
mind you he won because i broke out

To beat a Honda you need a Honda!!

ehab2weelr
4th September 2007, 12:53

shut up kim!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

klyong82
4th September 2007, 14:30
shut up kim!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

"WHy you little"......(Homer Simpson) haha

Hanne
4th September 2007, 15:24

Quick, Stephen, time to break out the ol' CX, methinks.... :first:

2wheeljunkie
4th September 2007, 15:39
how did the honda beat u chris..:mad:..i say we go back and smash his car....did he have like a jet engine in it??..hermm..like they put a jet engine in the Y2K..haha:banana:

ehab2weelr
4th September 2007, 15:48
na chres just suks!!!!;)
hahahaha :scooter:

2wheeljunkie
4th September 2007, 15:49
ahh what a eat arse brooo...:laugh:

ehab2weelr
4th September 2007, 15:50
ahh what a eat arse brooo...:laugh:

he know i like to take the piss out of him...:buggerd:
hahahahah :wari:

2wheeljunkie
4th September 2007, 15:52
man how much money are we wasting on kiwibiker ehab..my netaccount is depleting:weep:..arghhh..why cant we be like aut and get free internet..damn tis place and its internet charging bullshit..!:girlfight:

klyong82
4th September 2007, 16:07
man how much money are we wasting on kiwibiker ehab..my netaccount is depleting:weep:..arghhh..why cant we be like aut and get free internet..damn tis place and its internet charging bullshit..!:girlfight:

Well it aint free at AUT except if you are staff member. AUT charges pretty good price for internet access though.

2wheeljunkie
4th September 2007, 16:21
Well it aint free at AUT except if you are staff member. AUT charges pretty good price for internet access though.

really..?? raj told me that it was free..maybe aut over the shore has it free..:bleh:

klyong82
4th September 2007, 16:34
really..?? raj told me that it was free..maybe aut over the shore has it free..:bleh:

Probably Raj is a postgraduate student and they get certain priviledges and internet is one of them. Does Raj student at AUT Akoranga? hmmm wonder what is he studying then.

2wheeljunkie
4th September 2007, 17:34
now i hope for certian that he goes to aut..lol...hahaha:eek:..i hope theres a ride the weekend after the coming one as me and ehab wud have finished our tests..(hint hint to kim, nish or steve to have something)..hopefully a sunday if weather permits and if others wanna do it..no pressure or anything but SOMETHIN BETTER BE ON...!!:laugh:

bomma
4th September 2007, 20:45
now i hope for certian that he goes to aut..lol...hahaha:eek:..i hope theres a ride the weekend after the coming one as me and ehab wud have finished our tests..(hint hint to kim, nish or steve to have something)..hopefully a sunday if weather permits and if others wanna do it..no pressure or anything but SOMETHIN BETTER BE ON...!!:laugh:

ummmmm kyle.....sori to disappoint mate but ummm.......dunno how exactly to say this....ummmm.......oh i know......UR ON A SHITTY LITTLE 50CC SCOOTER!!! :lol: hahahahahaha hope thers a ride this sat going thru the coro loop or sumthin so you can get left behind :devil2:

bomma
4th September 2007, 20:47

raj goes to massey (free internet there) but my mate goes to aut and he reckon he gets free internet and hes not postgrad or staff.....if only it was like that at friggin UofA :blank:

ehab2weelr
4th September 2007, 23:08
eazy nish <_<... we no kyles got a sh!ty scootr,:laugh: but hes just confused :drool:. he thinks its an fzr250!!!, something went wrong in his head after the crash, :wacko:.
just lit him be! :laugh:

klyong82
4th September 2007, 23:45
That scooter probably got 17 inch tyres, bore engine, turbo and NOS...and it is 2 strokes.....:scooter: it will fly.........

2wheeljunkie
5th September 2007, 10:06
i wish kim..i wishh!!!>..up a hill at 30km/hr..woohooo..!!!.:scooter:...but nish..if u bothered takin the time to read my post..i said the weekend after next buddy..which means i wud have a bike by then..:angry2:..but its ok..i forgive u..after all..u did have arough childhood :innocent:

klyong82
5th September 2007, 11:30
i wish kim..i wishh!!!>..up a hill at 30km/hr..woohooo..!!!.:scooter:...but nish..if u bothered takin the time to read my post..i said the weekend after next buddy..which means i wud have a bike by then..:angry2:..but its ok..i forgive u..after all..u did have arough childhood :innocent:

So you found a bike? How is the insurance thingie coming? Are they repairing it? or giving u cash?

bomma
5th September 2007, 11:47
..u did have arough childhood :innocent:

u said ud never mention that to anyone!!! :crybaby: :weep: :crybaby:

2wheeljunkie
5th September 2007, 12:44
u forced me nish...u brought the beast out...u f**k with the bull, you get the horns..always wanted to say that..hahaha..their sorting out the claim thing now kim..the accessor saw the bike and pictures of my damaged items..soo hopefully i get the claim soon..found another bike..pretty sure im gettin that juz waiting for the money to come through..then im back on the road..:niceone:...soo yeaa...im at home today which means i can go on kiwibiker 24/7..hahaha not wasting my precious netaccount today like how ehab is goin to be.:Oi:...:buggerd:..shitty weather tooo i might add..

ehab2weelr
5th September 2007, 15:19
f*#kin netcount...h* it.., but hay i gota c whats new..
and u should be studing dik(kyle) :angry2:
just coze u get free internet..:weep:
hahahah

2wheeljunkie
5th September 2007, 15:32
brooo dunt hate cause im living the good life...lol..:wari:...bt soo hows the feeling u got yer restricted...juz anthr year till u get yer full...than bring on the big boys..!:2thumbsup

ehab2weelr
5th September 2007, 15:34
brooo dunt hate cause im living the good life...lol..:wari:...bt soo hows the feeling u got yer restricted...juz anthr year till u get yer full...than bring on the big boys..!:2thumbsup

yea boyyyyy :banana::Punk:

bomma
5th September 2007, 15:35

lol and then we'll be on like zx19rs and u guys can start off on ur vfr400s :lol:

2wheeljunkie
5th September 2007, 15:37
wow nish..din know u cud c into the future...impressive..but zx19r's ..come on now..u dunt really wanna ride a jet now do u...??..ohh wait wat am i saying..yes u doo...!!!