PDA

View Full Version : 250 Bandit for sale...

Phurrball
1st September 2007, 17:12
My bike is for sale now since I have my full...

Sorry if any of you have seen the ad here already - but it'd be great to see it around the university still...

The KB bike trader listing is <a href="http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=56141">here.</a>

Specs are <a href="http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Suzuki_GSF_250_Bandit_1995.aspx">here. </a> [They are all right except that the bike is water cooled NOT air cooled]

If any of you are interested, or know anyone that is looking for a fantastic first bike that they won't get bored with, let me know.

PS - when are you buggers going to organise a ride on a Sunday so I can come along :( Work Saturdays... [I might be on the Mrs' FXR - but that's OK :)]

Cheers,

Ross.

bomma
4th September 2007, 20:49
hope your upgrading ross....

how come you are sellin?? (if you have posted it elsewher i apologise as i haf not read it and will require that you repeat yourself)

EDIT: after posting this i re-read the first sentence of your post and realise that you now have your full :doh: i will now assume that you are in fact upgrading :) plz disregard the first half of this post :blank:

motorbyclist
17th September 2007, 18:14
2wheeljunkie is looking for a new 250, maybe you could pm him

klyong82
17th September 2007, 18:26
I thought Kyle wanted a VTR250??

motorbyclist
17th September 2007, 18:28
yea, but i suspect the bandit is a bit cheaper

but probably not as reliable...

klyong82
17th September 2007, 18:30
Maybe Kyle can buy Chris's VFR250.....haha;)

motorbyclist
17th September 2007, 19:39
nah from what i hear chris doesn't have a spare bike anymore - the gsxr apparently bit him

Phurrball
18th September 2007, 12:02
yea, but i suspect the bandit is a bit cheaper

but probably not as reliable...

Can't say I've had a problem in my 20 000km plus... I've been religious about oil changes. I'd say a bandit is more fun than a VTR, though not quite as beginner-friendly (torque further up rev range, more need to use revs) - we're getting mrs Phurrball a VTR250 ATM, so will let you know ;) No VTR will give the top-end rush of an IL4 - especially with an end can to release the deranged howl. :headbang:

That all said, VTR is cheaper to run, and has less moving bits, but has WOEFUL under-seat storage, no rev counter and is a smaller bike (only matters if you're big I guess)

Both great machines, and equally good looking.

hope your upgrading ross....

how come you are sellin?? (if you have posted it elsewher i apologise as i haf not read it and will require that you repeat yourself)

EDIT: after posting this i re-read the first sentence of your post and realise that you now have your full :doh: i will now assume that you are in fact upgrading :) plz disregard the first half of this post :blank:

harhar - I'm looking at a big VTR... I feel bad that neither are Suzukis...:shutup:

klyong82
18th September 2007, 12:15
harhar - I'm looking at a big VTR... I feel bad that neither are Suzukis...:shutup:

I support you on that...get a Honda VTR1000 and bring it on the rides so you can whip Squiggles TL that is half wounded now. :banana:

Phurrball
18th September 2007, 13:19
I support you on that...get a Honda VTR1000 and bring it on the rides so you can whip Squiggles TL that is half wounded now. :banana:

I'm a big nana though! A big VTR has BUCKETS of uber-torque on tap, but it appeals, cos it doesn't feel like it will bite unless provoked. I haven't done much riding since my minor off in April and the resulting loooooong wait for parts, which is my excuse for nana-ness. I haven't scraped a peg since before the accident.

That, and my mrs is dark about the update (even though she rides - but not for a while!), so I may have to wait till after end of year exams before I'm allowed to feel the power...

I plan on coming along on some rides though [if not at work] - even if it's on the baby VTR or FXR...:2thumbsup Nothing like an FXR being abused by a 95kg rider used to slightly more power :) ahh, the fun! (no, really - it's a challenge!)

Kwaka14
18th September 2007, 13:27
Ross, good to hear you're doing the upgrade thing, Ingrid will come round I'm sure.

Squiggles
18th September 2007, 14:29

tl's have the edge on the vtr's, they're sedate in comparison... i wont mock it being a honda this time round :eek:

motorbyclist
18th September 2007, 15:12
I plan on coming along on some rides though [if not at work] - even if it's on the baby VTR or FXR...:2thumbsup Nothing like an FXR being abused by a 95kg rider used to slightly more power :) ahh, the fun! (no, really - it's a challenge!)

haha, riding my little brother's fxr i keep running out of revs and gears