PDA

View Full Version : Rotovegas ride

Pages : [1] 2

Macstar
6th September 2007, 14:50
Hey guys, Bomma and the other chiefs have given me the thumbs up to organise a coastal ride to Rotovegas. As mentioned in another thread, the plan would be to ride out to Clevedon, round the coast to Miranda, across the Hauraki Plains, through Pareoa, the Waihi Gorge, Tauranga, Whakatane and then inland to Vegas. It's about a 4-5 hour ride from Akl and reasonably technical i.e. heaps of corners but with some of the best NZ scenary and of course, the destination of Rotorua and all it offers!

This would have to be an overnighter. Fortunately I know a great campground / holiday park which rents log cabins for around $45 a night. These sleep 3 people in bunk beds. The park is just out of town near the golf course and has its own hotpools. You'd just need to bring your own sleeping bag, togs and beers (although I think you can hire blankets too).

I don't personally mind opening this ride up to all (fast riders and not so fast), as worse case - I just cruise down with the slower people. However, if some fast riders want to go and don't think they could handle riding slow, we'll have to try and suss out someone who is confident of the route to lead you guys at a quicker rate.

WHAT I NEED FOR NOW IS AN INDICATION ON WHO'S KEEN AND WHEN. Majority rules, so tell me what weekend you're free in this forum remembering that we would have to leave Sat morning and come back Sun (Friday after work / uni would be too late).

**********OK, this ride is now confirmed for 9am, Sat 22 September at UOA Gym Symonds St, returning Sunday afternoon.

You must PM me (macstar) to book and be prepared to pay a non-refundable accommodation fee (this is expected to be around $18).***********

Macstar
6th September 2007, 14:56
P.S. If it all goes well, this could be the first in a series of overnight rides that I'd be happy to partly run with the SMC club...

motorbyclist
6th September 2007, 15:00
after final exams would be good; better weather and everyone will be free

dibs on the fast group, and perhaps we should/could send a van down with sleeping bags etc as sportbikes arent too good at carrying stuff like beer

then again, we could just buy beer there and courier sleeping bags down there ahead of us ;)

DMNTD
6th September 2007, 15:14
Keep me posted as I could prolly get a crew together from down this way to meet up and guide ya through a slightly better route if you lot are keen.

dibs on the fast group,...
"Fast" is a relative term innit ;)

2wheeljunkie
6th September 2007, 15:14
helll yeah im keen as!!:yes:..bt yea after exams wud be awesome as ehh...nth better than beer and motorcycles..!:drool:

bomma
6th September 2007, 15:18
im in with a grin mac!!! but yea like every other student has mentioned not until after xams for very VERY obvioius reasons :2guns:

HungusMaximist
6th September 2007, 15:25
Hey Issac I'd be really keen aye but I am gonna go on a dry spell (house renovations) for 4 weekends from next week onwards. I know, it'a farken long time but if you guys can do after my dry spell that'd be great. Haha... (like it is going to happen).

carbacca
6th September 2007, 15:28
i might be keen

just an idea if you skip out clevedon-miranda route and just go the boring route to paeroa, that should cut down the time by and hour or so and then it could possibly be a day trip. reason to cut that part of the route out would be that its so close to auckland you can do that part anytime and its a bit of an overdone route for most people from auckland anyways.

NinjaNanna
6th September 2007, 16:01
If you make it the 22/23 Sept - I was planning an overnighter to Turangi anyway, we are supposed to be meeting up with some Wellington Bikers too. That was going to be our Equinox Ride.

Macstar
6th September 2007, 16:36
When are exams over? End of November isn't it? - Sheez, I don't remember my undergraduate being that intense...!

EJK
6th September 2007, 16:59
FUCK YEAHmaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in! :)
But it depends on the date really... lol

babyblade250rr
6th September 2007, 17:04
yeah i think i could be persuaded to join such an activity!!

ehab2weelr
6th September 2007, 18:23
22/23 sep. sounds like a good time. i hand in my report on the 21.
il be keen if i finde time..:banana::lol:

klyong82
6th September 2007, 19:19
My last exam finished 2 years ago :woohoo:. 22/23 Sept sounds good with me. Will be busy before that. Damn I need a packrack....bloody shop asking $170 for just the L-brackets.

If not I better find a lady to be a pillion so she can hold my sleeping bag. haha

carbacca
6th September 2007, 19:33
My last exam finished 2 years ago :woohoo:.

hahah same here

hm i might start looking for some soft panniers....

Macstar
6th September 2007, 19:42
Damn I need a packrack
Bit of a round about way to getting your brackets but I remember the parts guy at Red Baron referred me to a crowd out in Henderson to get some made up for my old SRX400 (can't remember the company's name sorry). Even custom made, I remember them being pretty cheap.

Squiggles
6th September 2007, 22:34
you pussies, ill miss study that day to ride

cant do it in 3 weekends time i think tho coz im babysitting the dog, the guinea pig and a hundred fish :pinch:

klyong82
6th September 2007, 22:45
You guys can all bring your books on the ride to study. If you behave I'll let you get wasted after that :drinknsin:puke:.

Squiggles I am sure the pets will be ok for a day....

EJK
6th September 2007, 23:09
Wow! this ride could be a practice for my Goal, which is to Ride to Christchurch :) (Oh, definitely not with my current bike :p lol)

2wheeljunkie
6th September 2007, 23:27
actually that could be a cool goal ehh..riding to christchurch..i think it shud b a future club organised event..not sure if many wud be down bt i c see myself being real keen..nice one e.j...however, hw long u reckon itl tk..a week?.....:banana:

motorbyclist
6th September 2007, 23:33
what about cook strait?

how bout a REEEEAAAALLLLLYYYYYYYY big jump ramp?:D

motorbyclist
6th September 2007, 23:34
hw long u reckon itl tk..a week?.....:banana:

bah, 48 solid hours at max speed and you'll be there

EJK
6th September 2007, 23:37
actually that could be a cool goal ehh..riding to christchurch..i think it shud b a future club organised event..not sure if many wud be down bt i c see myself being real keen..nice one e.j...however, hw long u reckon itl tk..a week?.....:banana:

Hmm... A week... I don't know ey lol

Yeah good idea mate lol We should do something like "Gumball NZ Biker" instead of "Gumball 3000" which they do with Ferraris, Lambos and Porshes in Europe lol

P.S. I lived in CHCH for 5 years, and I really wanna go back and see my old friends lol Show them couple of wheelies while they are in cages lol

Zapf
6th September 2007, 23:39
that route proposed sounds fun... it'll be a longish day :)

EJK
7th September 2007, 01:59
22nd and 23rd... hmm I don't know about those days ey...

klyong82
7th September 2007, 10:32
Then give us some suggestions when would be a good time just so this will assist us in the planning. If it is going to be in November which is after all the uni exam. I prefer to do a longer trip then maybe 4 to 5 days.

UberRhys
7th September 2007, 11:17
Yeah good idea mate lol We should do something like "Gumball NZ Biker" instead of "Gumball 3000" which they do with Ferraris, Lambos and Porshes in Europe lol

Have a look at the Rusty Nuts MC site http://www.rustynuts.co.nz/, they do distance and endurance events during the year. The next upcoming event http://www.rustynuts.co.nz/default.aspx?PageID=8 is the Grand Challenge (1000miles in 24hours) then the Souther Cross in April next year

babyblade250rr
7th September 2007, 11:23
Then give us some suggestions when would be a good time just so this will assist us in the planning. If it is going to be in November which is after all the uni exam. I prefer to do a longer trip then maybe 4 to 5 days.

4-5 days??? dang now thats what i call keen Kim!!,

however i could imagine it being a rather exciting adventure:laugh:

klyong82
7th September 2007, 12:42
4-5 days??? dang now thats what i call keen Kim!!,

however i could imagine it being a rather exciting adventure:laugh:

You got that right....just pop in to mt eden m/c and saw a bike like yours at the workshop minus an exhaust can like yours.

ehab2weelr
7th September 2007, 14:54
You got that right....just pop in to mt eden m/c and saw a bike like yours at the workshop minus an exhaust can like yours.

how much is it going 4???
i wana get a cbrr250....

klyong82
7th September 2007, 15:00
how much is it going 4???
i wana get a cbrr250....

Nah it was in the workshop having something done to it. I also saw my old fireblade quietly in the corner. Don't buy it from the dealer. They charge crazy prices anywhere from, 5500 to 7000. Not worth it. I think best you save your money and upgrade to a CBR600. You can get a 96-98 F3 model between 5500 to 6500 and it probably has a couple of mods.

motorbyclist
7th September 2007, 15:26
Nah it was in the workshop having something done to it. I also saw my old fireblade quietly in the corner. Don't buy it from the dealer. They charge crazy prices anywhere from, 5500 to 7000. Not worth it. I think best you save your money and upgrade to a CBR600. You can get a 96-98 F3 model between 5500 to 6500 and it probably has a couple of mods.

yea, save yourself a grand or three and buy private - but take someone with you who is mechanically minded and check every inch of the bike over, and looking for the more reliable bikes, like hondas, is a good idea

nothing worse than buying a bike (or anything at all) that's being sold because it's broken

EJK
7th September 2007, 16:30
Time for me: Anytime between 24th Sep and 5th Oct :)

klyong82
7th September 2007, 17:21
I will be going to Rotovegas with my new ride. Check this out. Swapped my fireblade for a Hyosung GT250R. Not many in white too....i am sure i will still be able to keep up with the big guys.

Macstar
7th September 2007, 17:51
I will be going to Rotovegas with my new ride. Check this out. Swapped my fireblade for a Hyosung GT250R. Not many in white too....i am sure i will still be able to keep up with the big guys.

Say it ain't so?! Are you serious?

klyong82
7th September 2007, 18:14
Pics dont lie.

carbacca
7th September 2007, 18:14
lol wtf...if its not a joke then welcome to the hobag crew!!!

Macstar
7th September 2007, 18:17
Well, it does look pretty sleek and now you are truly the White Knight. I hope you enjoy the new beast and manage the weight of this bike better;)

motorbyclist
7th September 2007, 18:21
now, assuming your old inline 4 cbr250rrrrr was in good condition, how is the vtwin 250 hyosung an upgrade?

looks damn good in white though:cool:

klyong82
7th September 2007, 18:28
lol wtf...if its not a joke then welcome to the hobag crew!!!

Oh yeah, the bike is so quiet i dun need earplugs anymore. Hyosung, Hobag, Honda all the same.

Well, it does look pretty sleek and now you are truly the White Knight. I hope you enjoy the new beast and manage the weight of this bike better;)

Yes and to Piha I will seek to find my princess.......
:love:
:wari:

carbacca
7th September 2007, 18:32
quiet?? mine sure as hell aint...

i am still not sure if this is a joke or not....

klyong82
7th September 2007, 18:43
now, assuming your old inline 4 cbr250rrrrr was in good condition, how is the vtwin 250 hyosung an upgrade?

looks damn good in white though:cool:

Hmmm...my last bike was a 929cc CBR. How do I find it? I used to be able to do 0-100 in 3.3 second on the first gear. Now....it is slower but i;ll eventually reach 100. I like the white...there was black, yellow and the white all sitting there.

quiet?? mine sure as hell aint...

i am still not sure if this is a joke or not....

it is stock standard exhaust. Going to remove all the baffles. Almost crashed it when I took it for a test as I forgot how a 250 turns better than a 929.
Included another pic. :whistle:

Oldfulla
7th September 2007, 18:48
Hi,
I'd be keen to join this ride from Tauranga onwards if thats ok. most weekends are ok for me

carbacca
7th September 2007, 18:57
that doesnt look like the standard exhaust?? its got carbon on it??

and where did the white come from?? has it been painted like that??

klyong82
7th September 2007, 19:21
that doesnt look like the standard exhaust?? its got carbon on it??

and where did the white come from?? has it been painted like that??

Nah it is custom made oval carbon slip-on can. not sure why was it painted but it was originally red. only 9 months old 07 model. 6000km

carbacca
7th September 2007, 19:40
hm thats one weird looking hobag....

but the white is kinda screaming for a custom paintjob so its got potential...you sure the white isnt some sort of primer coat??

Zapf
7th September 2007, 19:44

How could you.... :shit: Why?

motorbyclist
7th September 2007, 19:44
what are you on about? the white looks awesome

that tyre needs a bit more wear up the sides though:bleh:

babyblade250rr
8th September 2007, 08:46

was it as pretty as mine!!:love: lol

klyong82
8th September 2007, 09:37
hm thats one weird looking hobag....

but the white is kinda screaming for a custom paintjob so its got potential...you sure the white isnt some sort of primer coat??

The white is definitely not primer. It has glossy coat. But the Hobag looks good in white.

How could you.... :shit: Why?

haha...it is a courtesy bike from mt eden m/c while they sort a faulty sensor on the fireblade. Gave me a scooter first :scooter: so i ride it to work and I back. Told them i aint riding that scooter no more cos it aint safe gimme a bike and they gave me this bike (it has got a $6,295 price tag on it).

I am a die hard Honda-man.... :msn-wink:

what are you on about? the white looks awesome

that tyre needs a bit more wear up the sides though:bleh:

Actually I think the white really does look good. This white colour looks like the white of a VTR1000SP2

was it as pretty as mine!!:love: lol
Yup mint condition like yours 1994 model too just ain't got the carbon can

bomma
8th September 2007, 10:25
haha...it is a courtesy bike from mt eden m/c while they sort a faulty sensor on the fireblade. Gave me a scooter first :scooter: so i ride it to work and I back. Told them i aint riding that scooter no more cos it aint safe gimme a bike and they gave me this bike (it has got a $6,295 price tag on it).

i was shittin myself till i got to this post kim!!!!!!!! :gob:

dats one sick joke mate:bash: :nono:

lol how is the jump down from a screamin 929 to the 2 fiddy??

disenfranchised
8th September 2007, 10:36
The white is definitely not primer. It has glossy coat. But the Hobag looks good in white.

I saw this on the Mt Eden Motorcycles site
http://mountedenmotorcycles.bikepoint.co.nz/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=2788262&TabID=5588&Alias=mountedenmotorcyclesNZ

If they'd had the white when I bought mine I would have definitely gone for it. I think it looks great.
The 07 range in Aus now come with black can as well as the wheels and frame, so I thought the can was standard till I saw your close up pics.

ehab2weelr
8th September 2007, 11:08
if i know kim any better..i know that he would be the last guy to ever buy any bike thats not a honda..:niceone: :laugh:
dame there are such sexy bikes....:drool:
i wana get a cbr600 f4i...
they are just sike!!!!!:Punk::headbang:

klyong82
8th September 2007, 16:59
If they'd had the white when I bought mine I would have definitely gone for it. I think it looks great.
The 07 range in Aus now come with black can as well as the wheels and frame, so I thought the can was standard till I saw your close up pics.

I think it is really nice in white has potential. I saw the Aussie Hyusongs only the 650cc came with carbon pipe and stainless downpipes while the 250cc had standard stanless pipe.

Anyway Mt Eden M/C called me this morning saying that someone was interested in looking at the Hobag so I returned it and they got me a Moto Guzzi Breva 1100cc. So check out my new ride......

carbacca
8th September 2007, 17:07
lol wtf lucky bastard

maybe i should give them my bike to fix hahahah

klyong82
8th September 2007, 17:12
if i know kim any better..i know that he would be the last guy to ever buy any bike thats not a honda..:niceone: :laugh:
dame there are such sexy bikes....:drool:
i wana get a cbr600 f4i...
they are just sike!!!!!:Punk::headbang:

Yeah the 600F4I are mean bikes. Should be able to buy them at good price by the time you your full licence Ehab.

klyong82
8th September 2007, 17:17
lol wtf lucky bastard

maybe i should give them my bike to fix hahahah

Haha i told them that you can take your time to repair the fireblade. Yeah I love th V-twin power on the bike. Took it for a ride round auckland with Ewen and met up with Isaac. Free tank of petrol also.

ehab2weelr
9th September 2007, 19:00
Yeah the 600F4I are mean bikes. Should be able to buy them at good price by the time you your full licence Ehab.

hopfully aye>>:Punk:

2wheeljunkie
9th September 2007, 19:24
maybe u wanna buy me a f4i ehab??? :clap:

Hanne
9th September 2007, 19:51

More like two days!!!!
That's if you take your time and stop to eat more than three times a day.
:drool:

Hanne
9th September 2007, 19:57
Anyway Mt Eden M/C called me this morning saying that someone was interested in looking at the Hobag so I returned it and they got me a Moto Guzzi Breva 1100cc. So check out my new ride......

lmao you're a long way from Hondaland now, Kim!

*coughBIKEWHORE*

ehab2weelr
9th September 2007, 20:48

*coughBIKEWHORE*

u cant say much miss zzr....hahaha:lol:

klyong82
9th September 2007, 20:56

*coughBIKEWHORE*

I get manipulated/bribed very easily when it comes to bikes and i even told them you can take your time in repairing the fireblade. :banana: I was thinking there were gonna let me have a demo green ZX6R but got this instead and it cost more than the ZX6R

Anyway gotta say that I am bloody impressed with v-twin bikes and I will put into consideration of the possibility of owning one in futures time. The bike is soooooo well built and the exhaust roaring like a cruiser :wari: I feel like a mongrel mob cruising down Tamaki Drive :doobey:

:Oops: am I trying to sell Moto Guzzi bikes now....haha :lol:

ehab2weelr
9th September 2007, 21:03
:Oops: am I trying to sell Moto Guzzi bikes now....haha :lol:

well it sounds like there paying u to addvertise on kb .. :lol:
how much they payin u, might be intrested in the job...:2thumbsup

klyong82
9th September 2007, 21:14
well it sounds like there paying u to addvertise on kb .. :lol:
how much they payin u, might be intrested in the job...:2thumbsup

I forgot to ask them for payment but I got a full tank of gas for every bike I had and there was a price tag always on the bike :lol:
Sweet hopefully they let me ride that limited edition Colin Edwards Replica Aprilia RSV1000 tomorrow. :drool:

Macstar
9th September 2007, 23:48
Hey hey hey, stop polluting this thread with non-Rotovegas ride stuff, it's making it impossible for me to read and suss out dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, feedback so far is impossibly mixed with just about every date from now till "after exams in November".

Bearing in mind that we can do this ride more than once i.e. after exams...

Who is up for 22/23 Sep? (That seemed to be the most popular date).

bomma
10th September 2007, 07:40
Hey hey hey, stop polluting this thread with non-Rotovegas ride stuff, it's making it impossible for me to read and suss out dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, feedback so far is impossibly mixed with just about every date from now till "after exams in November".

Bearing in mind that we can do this ride more than once i.e. after exams...

Who is up for 22/23 Sep? (That seemed to be the most popular date).

just to further pollute this thread, mean bike kim!!! v-twins are awesom with mean azz low end torque...will haf you jettin off the mark and out of corners

to be honest the vtr is one of the few naked bikes that i really appreciate (probably coz i had one for a wee wile)....ive grown very accustomed to the full-fairing sport bikes!!! amazing looks and performance ;)

shud get your triad hook-ups to start building you the 300bhp engine that has the rumble and torque of the vtwins and the top end speed and performance of the inlines and stick it in a fireblade frame!!! :D:D hows that for kims "BEST BIKE OF ALL TIME" :2guns: ud never get out of first gear :clap:

sori isaac :lol:

ehab2weelr
10th September 2007, 08:29
22/23 is a good date for me.. :niceone:

twinkle
10th September 2007, 10:07
I have an assignment due 24th... so i'm a maybe.

klyong82
10th September 2007, 10:49
22/23 good for me too Isaac.

Twinkle bring a laptop and your assignment I am sure with everyone heads combined after a couple of cans of :drinkup: we can help you out with your assignment :puke: If not just say my dog ate my homework......hOnnnNdaEST sir!!

Pollution? Well Nish I will definitely consider a VTR1000 on my next purchase. Yeah i kept it on 1st most of the time and it flies to 50km/h easily plus the exhaust sounds good. But I did notice half of my 23 litres full tank of gas consumed fast. Only done about 100km in 2 days.

twinkle
10th September 2007, 10:57
haha i can imagine the answers now...

edit: it looks like it might be a fairly easy assignment :rockon:

EJK
10th September 2007, 12:16
I will come if you guys can be nice to me on the road lol

P.S. I learnt how to do Counter Steering! :woohoo:

klyong82
10th September 2007, 12:52
I will come if you guys can be nice to me on the road lol

P.S. I learnt how to do Counter Steering! :woohoo:

We will teach you how to be a man. :2guns:

Looks like we got 4 or 5 riders already Isaac seems sufficient for the ride.

Macstar
10th September 2007, 13:17
Looks like we got 4 or 5 riders already Isaac seems sufficient for the ride.

Sweet, I'll make inquries into the accomm.
http://www.rotoruathermal.co.nz/

RC1
10th September 2007, 13:37
went to vegas in weekend and stayed at blue lakes top 10 hol park only 10 min from town cabin sleeps up to 7 ppl (double bed , fold out couch ,3 bunks) only $120per night if this helps

ehab2weelr
10th September 2007, 13:44
only $120per night if this helps

only $120...i cant spend that much mony i dont have that much :crybaby:, dont think i well eather :lol:, find us something cheaper...:rolleyes:

EJK
10th September 2007, 14:08
I ain't taking the Double bed thank you lmao!

Macstar
10th September 2007, 14:17
Pretty sure he meant $120 divided by 7 ppl. The accom I'm thinking of is $15-20 pp for 1 night.

Zapf
10th September 2007, 14:20
22/23 good for me too Isaac.

Twinkle bring a laptop and your assignment I am sure with everyone heads combined after a couple of cans of :drinkup: we can help you out with your assignment :puke: If not just say my dog ate my homework......hOnnnNdaEST sir!!

Pollution? Well Nish I will definitely consider a VTR1000 on my next purchase. Yeah i kept it on 1st most of the time and it flies to 50km/h easily plus the exhaust sounds good. But I did notice half of my 23 litres full tank of gas consumed fast. Only done about 100km in 2 days.

Na you don't want a VTR1000, its even more old schook then your 929.

klyong82
10th September 2007, 14:20
We will probably get the self contained cabins works out to be cheaper. Besides we might be able to get some corporate rates. $120 probably for 7 people.

RC1
10th September 2007, 15:26
was i not clear sorry $120 between 7 ppl =@ $18ech unit had double bed ,fold out couch bed, 3 bunks, shower ,toilet , small kitchen,tv, park had free kayaks inclusive(lake 20 sec walk away)spa inclusive, spa and kayak just had to pay bond but it is refundable on return of kayak and spa keys,hope this helps http://www.bluelaketop10.co.nz/

babyblade250rr
10th September 2007, 16:10
I ain't taking the Double bed thank you lmao!

i'll take the double bed if i can pick up a hottie along the way:devil2:

carbacca
10th September 2007, 16:12
but are you legally allowed to pillion one??

klyong82
10th September 2007, 16:28

I can legally pillion someone. I dun mind taking the double bed all on my own. cheers guys you are so kind

klyong82
10th September 2007, 16:38
Na you don't want a VTR1000, its even more old schook then your 929.

well I think next bike is quite likely a CBR1000RR. I dun wanna downgrade to a 600cc just aint got enough power. VTR1000? unless they come out with a new design.

Hey everyone start saving your money for Rotovegas trip as we will most likely be collecting the accommodation $$$ in advance. Go find a part time job or something.

PS: Looking for CBR929 L-bracket. Anyone?

ehab2weelr
10th September 2007, 17:21
job or something.

PS: Looking for CBR929 L-bracket. Anyone?

il take it for $2000.. :second:
ahahahahahahahahaha:clap:

twinkle
10th September 2007, 17:38
I can legally pillion someone. I dun mind taking the double bed all on my own. cheers guys you are so kind

I'll fight you for it :2guns::stoogie:

2wheeljunkie
10th September 2007, 18:00
when is this ride happening..sorri too tired to read the other pages to know whats the details..my bad..:whistle:

motorbyclist
10th September 2007, 18:01
so next weekend?

i might be able to do that, but won't know for sure till next week...

2wheeljunkie
10th September 2007, 18:05
im keen for next weekend..unless i have a test on..not sure..if i dunt then im keen...and that wud b the last one till the hols..!

klyong82
10th September 2007, 18:09
il take it for $2000.. :second:
ahahahahahahahahaha:clap:

Sure I'll go to the shop and buy a brand new one for $200 and sell it to you for $2000. Deal....:clap:

I'll fight you for it :2guns::stoogie:

Muahahaha I cannot win your GN with 1300 busa engine. its ok ill let the hottie choose between you or me.

when is this ride happening..sorri too tired to read the other pages to know whats the details..my bad..:whistle:

22/23 september

so next weekend?

i might be able to do that, but won't know for sure till next week...

22/23 september

2wheeljunkie
10th September 2007, 18:13
im praying i dunt have a test..!:Punk:

babyblade250rr
10th September 2007, 18:13

am i legally allowed to ride over 70k/hr?? lol

2wheeljunkie
10th September 2007, 18:15
pretty sure it hasnt stopped u before right...:cool:

Macstar
10th September 2007, 19:12
**********OK, this ride is now confirmed for 9am, Sat 22 September at UOA Gym Symonds St, returning Sunday afternoon.

You must PM me (macstar) to book and be prepared to pay a non-refundable accommodation fee (this is expected to be around $18).***********

ehab2weelr
10th September 2007, 19:17
**********OK, this ride is now confirmed for 9am, Sat 22 October at UOA Gym Symonds St, returning Sunday afternoon.

are u sure it october??
i thought its this month??

Macstar
10th September 2007, 19:28
Ahhhhh! Thanks mate, date changed.

motorbyclist
10th September 2007, 20:10
and what if there's a storm?

rain date?

Macstar
10th September 2007, 20:19
A storm postponement date.... at this point I'm not sure what that would be. Seemed the next date that a reasonable amount of people are available was in Oct. Best to hope for good weather!

klyong82
10th September 2007, 21:27
put my name down Macstar. so do we still need sleeping bags etc?

Macstar
10th September 2007, 21:43
put my name down Macstar. so do we still need sleeping bags etc?

Sweet mate. I'd bring a sleeping bag and/or girlee, towel and your togs. Food and beers can be bought in Rotorua. Might have room in my pack rack to take someone's stuff.

EJK
10th September 2007, 22:09
Sweet! sounds fun!

Now... who would like to share the cabin with me? lmao! :lol:

klyong82
10th September 2007, 22:26
Sweet mate. I'd bring a sleeping bag and/or girlee, towel and your togs. Food and beers can be bought in Rotorua. Might have room in my pack rack to take someone's stuff.

I got a sleeping bag so might bring that too. Girlie? working on it now. haha

EJ...I think everyone will be in the same cabin. bed?? You can share it with ehab haha,

EJK
10th September 2007, 22:31
lmao ahahaha

OK, the expandable couch is mine! :p

twinkle
10th September 2007, 22:33
who snores is the next question :zzzz::nono::bash::rofl:

EJK
10th September 2007, 22:38
who snores is the next question :zzzz::nono::bash::rofl:

We shall draw on his face before he wakes up ;)

bomma
11th September 2007, 16:45
We shall draw on his face before he wakes up ;)

lol nah thats the fate of the first person to fall asleep/coma out after too much alcohol :lol:

Macstar
11th September 2007, 21:33
Again - Please PM me or text me (0274476683) if you are coming so I can confirm numbers and get deposits off ya. Its school holidays then, so we need to book accommodation now.

motorbyclist
11th September 2007, 22:54
got a deadline? i won't know for sure till monday

EJK
11th September 2007, 23:00
I am betting my $18 for a good weather :)

The gamble is ON! lol

motorbyclist
12th September 2007, 00:17
are you coming on sunday? we could pay you then

oh, we wont be travelling with all the holiday traffic will we?

Macstar
12th September 2007, 09:34
Yeah that's a good idea, I probably will be there on Sun - just hope accomm is still available at that point. Cheers.

ehab2weelr
12th September 2007, 10:03
how the weather looking for sunday???:cool:

EJK
12th September 2007, 10:36
How do you want my $18? lol

Do you have change for $20? :)

twinkle
12th September 2007, 13:27
I'm coming :2thumbsup
well... i'm paying for accommadation at least :rofl: if i can't make it you lot will just have to use my bed as beer storage or something :beer:

klyong82
12th September 2007, 13:50
cool. some good response looking forward to this trip. As Macstar has said might need to bring a sleeping bag along and your togs. Remember if you drink and ride you a bloody idiot! :apint:

twinkle
12th September 2007, 14:10
I can fit a camelback into my jacket, don't even have to take my hands off the handlebars! :wari:

bomma
12th September 2007, 14:21
:crybaby: i caaaannnttt coooooommmmmmeeee :crybaby: this sounds like such a fun weekend out!!!

if all things go well, we could do this trip more often, like in the holidays right after exams (wink wink nudge nudge) ;)

klyong82
12th September 2007, 14:26
:crybaby: i caaaannnttt coooooommmmmmeeee :crybaby: this sounds like such a fun weekend out!!!

if all things go well, we could do this trip more often, like in the holidays right after exams (wink wink nudge nudge) ;)

What you mean you cant come? You have to be there bro. Bring your assignments with you.

bomma
12th September 2007, 15:12
What you mean you cant come? You have to be there bro. Bring your assignments with you.

lol yea so i can study on the way there and back when im riding and get some more study in between all the drinking, vomitting and coma-ing out :whistle::wacko::2guns:

klyong82
12th September 2007, 17:18
lol yea so i can study on the way there and back when im riding and get some more study in between all the drinking, vomitting and coma-ing out :whistle::wacko::2guns:

Yeah what's wrong with that. I used to be a little hungover before presentations and one exam mind you I scored A both times. Lecturer said I was very very cheerful. If I can do it so can you.....wooohoooo alternatively you dont need to drink just go study on your own while we party in the hot pools.

klyong82
12th September 2007, 17:57
Holy crap that piece of shit scooter from Mt Eden M/C and white Hyosung GT250R sold...and that was after I rode it. Not bad.....

bomma
12th September 2007, 22:26
Yeah what's wrong with that. I used to be a little hungover before presentations and one exam mind you I scored A both times. Lecturer said I was very very cheerful. If I can do it so can you.....wooohoooo alternatively you dont need to drink just go study on your own while we party in the hot pools.

lol yes because its so easy to study while thers a party going on in the other room :bash:

Holy crap that piece of shit scooter from Mt Eden M/C and white Hyosung GT250R sold...and that was after I rode it. Not bad.....

lol u shud point that out to em....i reckon thats more than just coincidence kim :yes:

motorbyclist
13th September 2007, 00:15
argh i don't think i can do the rotovegas ride until after exams when i'm back at work and not so broke

Squiggles
13th September 2007, 16:41
i shall find out from hanne if we're coming :wari:

babyblade250rr
13th September 2007, 17:00
dang this sounds like it's going to be soooo much fun

Macstar
13th September 2007, 17:09
Accom booked, happy for others to come. Would appreciate it if others can book their own accom at the site listed a few pages back in this thread. Tx.

babyblade250rr
13th September 2007, 17:10
Kim i hope you realise you will be riding TEC both ways lol

klyong82
13th September 2007, 20:04
Kim i hope you realise you will be riding TEC both ways lol

I am afraid so. But since I got the Moto Guzzi I might as well be TEC and be easy on the throttle. Mongrel Mob Kim chasing you hoons down. Hope Squiggles comes toooo.

EJK
13th September 2007, 21:36
Hey baybeblade20rr, are you comming to this one? lol

babyblade250rr
13th September 2007, 21:37
have to try and sort out accomodation would be keen though! what date is it again? that the accomodation will need to be booked for?

EJK
13th September 2007, 21:48
have to try and sort out accomodation would be keen though! what date is it again? that the accomodation will need to be booked for?

It's 22/23 this month (Next week I think)

BTW whos on the list?
PM me if you want it secret lol :psst:

bomma
13th September 2007, 21:54
i shall find out from hanne if we're coming :wari:

wheres the whipping emoticon?!?!?! :lol: :rofl:

Squiggles
13th September 2007, 22:00
wheres the whipping emoticon?!?!?! :lol: :rofl:

my tl'd whip your kwaka into shape anyday :spanking:

Looks like we're coming :wari:

EJK
13th September 2007, 22:01
Ok so.... for this trip, what do we need to bring?
Obviously we can't load up a box of beer on a bike, can we? lol
What will you guys bring WITH you?

twinkle
13th September 2007, 22:02
whipissshhhh

twinkle
13th September 2007, 22:03

I might bring a box of beer on my bike, just because you said i can't :rofl:

bomma
13th September 2007, 22:06

ive got a tank bag if you wanna bring some beer on the ride down...would come handy when you pull up for stops along the way....

if i was comin id show you how 2 ride with a 12 pack under your arm :2thumbsup

Macstar
13th September 2007, 22:08
Bedding is not included....

bomma
13th September 2007, 22:08
whipissshhhh

hahahaha awesom!!! :lol: :clap:

EJK
13th September 2007, 22:09
Ha! maybe its possible on your GN lol
I bet police will have this face when they see you :blink: lol

Hey you are comming? I thought you wern't gonna come lol

bomma
Bedding is not included....

thats wher bikes come in handy....offer a local lady a ride and ull probably be sussed for accomodation for the night :hug::buggerd::whistle:

Hanne
my tl'd whip your kwaka into shape anyday :spanking:

:Oi:In case you haven't noticed, I ride a kawasaki also

PS full set of panniers plus tank bag here
(plus pack rack if I have my bike)

Stephen says his bike is too 'pretty' for the bags.

klyong82
13th September 2007, 22:10

By the time we arrive there the can of beer would have exploded. Bring money to buy food, togs for hot pools, sleeping bag if possible and your assignments haha

Hanne
13th September 2007, 22:10
thats wher bikes come in handy....offer a local lady a ride and ull probably be sussed for accomodation for the night :hug::buggerd::whistle:

Oh, my auntie lives in Rotorua.
She has two cats.

bomma
13th September 2007, 22:12
Oh, my auntie lives in Rotorua

lol didnt know you swung that way hanne :gob: :shit:

but i guess incest is a game the WHOLE family can play :yes:

EJK
13th September 2007, 22:12

I will be like "Hmm? Do I feel a weak earthquake?" :lol:

twinkle
13th September 2007, 22:22
By the time we arrive there the can of beer would have exploded.

bottles? imagine the mess if the box fell off :apint:

EJK
13th September 2007, 22:22
By the time we arrive there the can of beer would have exploded. Bring money to buy food, togs for hot pools, sleeping bag if possible and your assignments haha

Hey, Is this the place where there is this... Kayaking place? lol

I'm keen on that too :D

klyong82
13th September 2007, 22:42
bottles? imagine the mess if the box fell off :apint:

You mean like this picture :shit::cry: Originally posted by Vifferman.

klyong82
13th September 2007, 22:44
Hey, Is this the place where there is this... Kayaking place? lol

I'm keen on that too :D

Yeah there are watersports activity that you can participate if we have time.

twinkle
13th September 2007, 22:45
hahaha thats awesome! wonder how it happened.

EJK
13th September 2007, 22:45
LMAO wtf? Where is it? I hope its not dry already lol

Cry me a beer~ lol

bomma
13th September 2007, 22:53
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a waste :crybaby: that wud have been such a mean weekend if those beers were still in their bottles!!!!

EJK
13th September 2007, 22:54
btw, Can't wait till the ride, or should I say trip? lol
How many are comming?

klyong82
13th September 2007, 22:59
About a handful confirmed. Another handful not confirm.

EJK
13th September 2007, 23:05
Alright... but I still have the reserve for the expandable couch right? lololol

bomma
13th September 2007, 23:06
just a thought but you should put this ride up on the calendar isaac

might get a few more people who are interested...

HungusMaximist
13th September 2007, 23:20
Alright... but I still have the reserve for the expandable couch right? lololol

Bro big ups to you for participating in this ride man.

Just don't over burden the missus and you'll be sweet. :wari:

motorbyclist
13th September 2007, 23:45
tragic accident

(just a thought, if you lost beer off your bike you might cause the guy behind you to crash/puncture, so be careful!)

twinkle
14th September 2007, 07:34
ahh its ok, i'm not really going to carry beer all the way down, much easier to buy it down there :2thumbsup
it'd be all warm by the time we arrived anyhow :sick:

Macstar
14th September 2007, 10:13
just a thought but you should put this ride up on the calendar isaac

might get a few more people who are interested...

I don't mind riding with strangers but sleeping with them...? Even on KBer, there's a few loonies.

klyong82
14th September 2007, 10:19
I don't mind riding with strangers but sleeping with them...? Even on KBer, there's a few loonies.

Haha :buggerd: define sleeping with them? :lol: For your info. I aint sharing bed with nobody cos I snore, roll, punch, kick and abuse anyone next to me so stay away!!! :blip:

:kick:

bomma
14th September 2007, 15:03
ahh its ok, i'm not really going to carry beer all the way down,

yea hes gonna start off with a 12 pack, have a couple every now and then and before ya know it its the cops carrying his beer all the way down for him :lol: :rofl:

EJK
14th September 2007, 19:12
lol I believe he will share ;)

bomma
14th September 2007, 21:50
lol I believe he will share ;)

hahaha thanking you in advance for the beers james :2thumbsup:lol:

ehab2weelr
14th September 2007, 22:56
ay what do i get....
u no i dont drink!!!!:mad: so i get nothin for all my hard(yea hard!) work!! :buggerd:
im not stoping theafs any more, my life of fighting crime is over!!!:whistle:
hahahahahah
its ok saving the bike needs o reward....:lol:
but a nice new cbr600rrrrrrrR would be nice... hahahah.

EJK
14th September 2007, 23:30
Ah I can't wait! lol
Guys please go slow for me lol
As you know my bike is NOT a CBR nor ZXR lol

Show mercy~ :( :lol:

twinkle
15th September 2007, 11:53
hahaha thanking you in advance for the beers james :2thumbsup:lol:

So that means you're coming then? :cool:

EJK
15th September 2007, 21:25
I went on the McJim's farewell ride today...
and I realised that my bike is an absolute snail on the straights...
You guys wouldn't know but I can hardly overtake a car :( ...and thats no good lol

I'm having a second thought about this ride... If I do come, I would only slow you guys down (seriously my bike is that slow)

I am confident on ANY corners, 25-35 etc bring it on but on the straights, it's a bloody anchor!

I don't know.... I should just stay home and let you guys have fun at 120kph+ lol

Should I still join? You guys might regret later saying "OMFG Why is that scorpio here? He is dragging us like an anchor!"

lol

twinkle
15th September 2007, 21:42
haha my bike is as slow as yours, so you'll have me for company :scooter: I know where rotorua is itsa piece of cake to get there :first: backroads all the way :woohoo:

EJK
15th September 2007, 21:47
lol thanks for the words, sure I will ride with you lol
but dont leave me behind like last time lololol

Macstar
15th September 2007, 22:25
We're up to 7 confirmed on this ride now. It's shapping up to be a good one. I reckon if you guys can get close enough (GN and Scorpion), you could try tailing in the TL's slipstream. Riding in the curtails of Stevo's should give you that extra 10-20kph needed on the long straights!

Failing that, maybe we could attach a sidecart to the TL....?

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if the lighter and more agile 250s do really well through the tight twisties to Miranda and in a couple of other sections. You guys will be sweet, should be a wicked ride and weekend!

motorbyclist
15th September 2007, 22:36
maybe if you try chopping down a few gears you can get the acceleration to pass - there's a red bit of your tacho for a reason: it's a target!

EJK
15th September 2007, 22:38
lol I will blow it before it hits the red line lmao

Oh hey Macstar, I will see you tmrw morning to pay my fee lol

motorbyclist
15th September 2007, 23:05
you'd be surprised at what those engines will take!

EJK
15th September 2007, 23:08
heh I'm still under the factory warrenty so lets BLOW IT! :2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

motorbyclist
15th September 2007, 23:12
those yamahas are bloody reliable, and so are single-cylinder air cooled engines so you're sweet

hell if my dirtbike is anything to go by that thing will last forever!

Zapf
16th September 2007, 01:29
I went on the McJim's farewell ride today...
and I realised that my bike is an absolute snail on the straights...
You guys wouldn't know but I can hardly overtake a car :( ...and thats no good lol

I'm having a second thought about this ride... If I do come, I would only slow you guys down (seriously my bike is that slow)

I am confident on ANY corners, 25-35 etc bring it on but on the straights, it's a bloody anchor!

I don't know.... I should just stay home and let you guys have fun at 120kph+ lol

Should I still join? You guys might regret later saying "OMFG Why is that scorpio here? He is dragging us like an anchor!"

lol

don't mind if I ask, is your bike as fast as like VTR250's? can it do 120 flat tack? if so you should be ok for the open road, just flow with the traffic and don't try to over take cars. What you need is a route map, so you know where everyone is riding and stopping. Cause you "will" catchup with the faster bikes, usually faster bikes will only arrive 10~15mins faster (if) at each stop.

Mind if I ask, I know this is a Uni SMC thread, are general KBer's welcome on this ride?

klyong82
16th September 2007, 08:17

lol

Just come EJ. I dont remember any of us complaining on rides that you are slowing us down. Besides the bigger the group the merrier. Couple of bikers will have pillions and panniers bags etc so all the bikes will be loaded to some extent and won't be speeding.

I might be on a Moto Guzzi Breva even though it is a 1100cc monsterbike I am still not too comfortable riding it and cos it is a loan bike I will probably taking it easy.

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if the lighter and more agile 250s do really well through the tight twisties to Miranda and in a couple of other sections. You guys will be sweet, should be a wicked ride and weekend!

I forgot to pay when I saw you yesterday. Sorry...

EJK
16th September 2007, 08:42
don't mind if I ask, is your bike as fast as like VTR250's? can it do 120 flat tack?

It's definitely not as fast as the VTR lol
however it is possible to do 120kph on the straignts.

yeh.. I will come :)

EJK
16th September 2007, 15:54
I'm sorry to tell you guys, but my ride this weekend will be canceled :(:(:(:(:(

It's just that I've got this most important thing in my life happening and I MUST not miss it! DAMN!!!!!

Well I've already paid to Macstar and I understand that it's not refundable :) It's ok, have fun guys :D
I bet you guys will have a GREAT weekend! Oh, why don't you guys go on a Jetski on Lake Rotorua? lol! That would be FUN!

twinkle
16th September 2007, 16:05
too bad EJ, hope you have a good weekend :sunny:

HungusMaximist
16th September 2007, 16:10
Hey Mister Mac, I am actually really contemplating on flogging off on my responsibilities aye.

House reno has never looked worse...

Fuck, I am really really keen on burning with you guys...

Let me know how it works out aye.

EJK
16th September 2007, 16:31
too bad EJ, hope you have a good weekend :sunny:

Yeah..... sux to be you lol

twinkle
16th September 2007, 16:40
It will suck to be me if i don't finish that assignment lol

EJK
16th September 2007, 16:52
haha hey ride that jetski on Lake Rotorua for me will ya?
Bike on road and on water! :D

klyong82
16th September 2007, 17:15
Let me know how it works out aye.

How's it going to work out? easy!!...lots of people coming so you better come and screw the house reno. it s only one weekend and bomma is coming now with his gf probably. :love:

klyong82
16th September 2007, 17:17
haha hey ride that jetski on Lake Rotorua for me will ya?
Bike on road and on water! :D

Well hope to see you on other trips then.
Hmm i might try sky diving or bungee jump.....

Squiggles
16th September 2007, 18:25
with his gf :love:

she was huggin motorbyclist alot on the way back, ya sure she's his? :Pokey:

:lol:

klyong82
16th September 2007, 18:38
she was huggin motorbyclist alot on the way back, ya sure she's his? :Pokey:

:lol:

Haha...well we will know next week....:Oops:

motorbyclist
16th September 2007, 19:49
you're all just jealous! :bleh:

actually i might take pillions more often - slows me down a bit:laugh:

Macstar
16th September 2007, 19:58
[QUOTE=HungusMaximist;1208669]Hey Mister Mac, I am actually really contemplating on flogging off on my responsibilities aye.QUOTE]

Since EJ aint coming no more, why don't you pay him $18 and take his place? Everyone wins!

Macstar
16th September 2007, 20:02
Mind if I ask, I know this is a Uni SMC thread, are general KBer's welcome on this ride?

Heya, we don't mind if others come for the ride (KBers) though our accommodation in Rotorua was booked a week ago. Apparently the weekend we are going coincides with the first week of school holidays, so bookings were tight (or maybe that was just a sales pitch from the camp ground?). Around page 6 of this giant thread you'll see a link to the accommodation we have booked at (Rotorua thermal campground).

If you do decide to come along, please let me know (PM).

Cheers.

motorbyclist
16th September 2007, 20:02
wait that wasn't nish's gf!

klyong82
16th September 2007, 20:24

Oh you are sooooo wrong.....didn't anyone teach you not to mess around with the bosses lady? :lol:

EJK
16th September 2007, 20:42
I dont mind spending my money on beer for the trip :)
as long as it doesn't go into Twinkles petrol tank! :lol:

Someone should take my place ey?
Someone? Be my guest hehe :D

Everyone wins ;)

motorbyclist
16th September 2007, 20:50

Oh you are sooooo wrong.....didn't anyone teach you not to mess around with the bosses lady? :lol:

what? i i thought nish lives in hillsborough, yet i took her to her bf's place up by long bay

or maybe it was an old bf's place... my hearing isn't 100% and the helmet doesn't help

motorbyclist
16th September 2007, 20:51
oi would whoever's organising the AGM start a thread about it already? (that way they can update the 1st post with the details as they form)

klyong82
16th September 2007, 20:51

Someone should take my place ey?
Someone? Be my guest hehe :D

Everyone wins ;)

Mix beer with petrol equals 4% biofuel. Someone will take your place EJ so dont worry.

Just messing with ya Andrew. Nice of you to take her home after Nish ditch her. hahaha

twinkle
16th September 2007, 21:04

egad! I think you are onto something there EJ! fuel you can drink AND run your engine on!! that would be so awesome hehehe

trump-lady
16th September 2007, 21:28
After hearing you all today talking bout this ride Im wondering how I can swing it......Im ganna be in welly all week till Friday night so couple questions.....
Can I come :)
Is there any spare beds anywhere?
I cant be bothered reading the whole thread, how much is it
How far is it and ............how much is it :)
Is this just a uni group ride or is there something going on down there.......
If the answer is no to the first question then ahhhhhhh no need to answer the others lol

EJK
16th September 2007, 21:51
she can take over my place can't she?

Macstar
16th September 2007, 21:51
After hearing you all today talking bout this ride Im wondering how I can swing it......Im ganna be in welly all week till Friday night so couple questions.....
Can I come :)
Is there any spare beds anywhere?
I cant be bothered reading the whole thread, how much is it
How far is it and ............how much is it :)
Is this just a uni group ride or is there something going on down there.......
If the answer is no to the first question then ahhhhhhh no need to answer the others lol

The details are on the 1st page of this thread in red. One rider has cancelled so there is possibly a bed available in a shared cabin. Accom is the only cost and that will be around $20 (if available).

About 4-5 hours down, 2.5 hours home on Sunday.

Best to PM me if you are keen

HungusMaximist
17th September 2007, 10:12
what? i i thought nish lives in hillsborough, yet i took her to her bf's place up by long bay

or maybe it was an old bf's place... my hearing isn't 100% and the helmet doesn't help

Come on...

Everybody knows Nish has better tastes than that. :mobile:

Macstar
17th September 2007, 10:22
Come on...

Hillsborough is the new Mission Bay, overlooking the picturest Onehunga Harbour (mud flats), airport and ambient Otahuhu factory smog.

Errrr, you were talking about Hillsborough right?

ehab2weelr
17th September 2007, 11:43
Come on...

do u people have nothin better to do than just talk about nish and that girl...:rolleyes:

yes she dose have a bf and its not nish.....
nish told me that he was never intrested in her( but i could be wrong!! :lol:)
yes she was hot!!!! :buggerd:
and i hope shes not on kb.....:no:
now is there something better to talk bout than nish and that girl???? :rolleyes:

klyong82
17th September 2007, 12:14
yes she was hot!!!! :buggerd:
and i hope shes not on kb.....:no:
now is there something better to talk bout than nish and that girl???? :rolleyes:

So her bf aint u right? lol

twinkle
17th September 2007, 17:41
where is nish anyway? he hasn't posted even once yet today :Pokey:
thats like... a whole 19 hours he hasn't posted lol

Hanne
17th September 2007, 22:00

that's like, soooooooooooooo long :jerry:

twinkle
17th September 2007, 22:11
my bad, i can't count that was supposed to be 32 hours :sweatdrop
thats aaaaages :rofl:

bomma
18th September 2007, 09:08
she was huggin motorbyclist alot on the way back, ya sure she's his?

aint mine that's for sure!!! wudnt have ditched her if she was my gf :laugh:

dnt think ill be taking pillions anytime soon....all they do is slow you down....dnt see any fun in going slow...if i wanted to go slow ill just ride to uni and back everyday...:yawn:

oh wait i already do :mellow:

bomma
18th September 2007, 09:19

lol man reading this cracks me up!!! :rofl:

hey twinkle you shud read my post about the ride on sunday (ull enjoy it)

to set things straight:

1) hillsborough is awesom!! we have our own "gangsta homie" protection barrier (aka hillsborough road)

2) olga aint my gf and she does haf a bf (thats not me or ehab :lol:), i used to teach her to ride back when i had the vtr

3) im awesom :D :first:

4) hey ej cheers mate looks like ive taken your spot so ill be owing you $20

5) yes that does mean im going on the ride this weekend

6) Ewen you should definately come along man, this sounds like an awesom weekend out in rotovegas

7) James is buying first round of beers (ill have the 24bottle pack thanks :Punk:)

:done:

Macstar
18th September 2007, 09:48
dnt think ill be taking pillions anytime soon....all they do is slow you down....dnt see any fun in going slow...if i wanted to go slow ill just ride to uni and back everyday...:yawn:

I've taken quite a few passengers including my dad and 100kg cousin. Some passengers are mongrels, trying to keep the bike upright, twisting your torso in an attempt to assist you through the corners, slamming into you on braking, putting their feet on the ground at traffic lights etc etc.

I've become so used to riding with Mei on the back that I don't even notice the extra weight anymore and I don't think she slows us down.

But the goal now is to get her on to her own bike (keep up the "So when are you going to get a bike Mei" questions guys)!

klyong82
18th September 2007, 10:13
I've taken quite a few passengers including my dad and 100kg cousin. Some passengers are mongrels, trying to keep the bike upright, twisting your torso in an attempt to assist you through the corners, slamming into you on braking, putting their feet on the ground at traffic lights etc etc.

I've become so used to riding with Mei on the back that I don't even notice the extra weight anymore and I don't think she slows us down.

But the goal now is to get her on to her own bike (keep up the "So when are you going to get a bike Mei" questions guys)!

Last girl sat behind me loved it. She was only 40kg's (whoops should not have said that-yeah model body) and I did not find it hard to steer on the fireblade only thing I had to adjust was to brake earlier and not accelerate all a sudden. Everytime I went faster than usual she will pinch me ...but I suppose it is just about getting used to it.

Yeah Mei when ya getting a bike? Buy a CBR250RRRRRRRRRR or an NSR250

EJK
18th September 2007, 10:20
4) hey ej cheers mate looks like ive taken your spot so ill be owing you $20

No problem, enjoy the weekend ;)

P.S. Planning a two day trip to Coromandel next weekdays. Maybe Thur-Fri tour. Thread comming up soon on "Club 250"

ehab2weelr
18th September 2007, 10:31
Mei get a bike!!! :lol:

i really wana go this weekend but i just cant..:weep:
but i might come along for the ride and head back half way threw...:2thumbsup

c how things go....

ps kim ur only 40kgs and the pillion was 40kgs that macks a total of 80kgs..
thats me having a pillion whos only 15kgs ......
thats why u had no probs......:lol: :wari:

Squiggles
18th September 2007, 11:16
i prefer riding with pillion, makes the rear feel more planted

bomma
18th September 2007, 13:09

lol but steven i thought u luved having your bike rear swing wildly like a fish's tail?!?!

lol thats what you get for buying a tl and not a cbr1000rrrrRRR :P

GO THE HONDAS!!!! (and also the kwakas coz i got one :niceone:)

Squiggles
18th September 2007, 14:38
lol thats what you get for buying a tl and not a cbr1000rrrrRRR :P

GO THE HONDAS!!!! (and also the kwakas coz i got one :niceone:)

If the 1000's are anything like the 900's they wouldnt've made it to the ride! :jerry:

klyong82
18th September 2007, 15:09
If the 1000's are anything like the 900's they wouldnt've made it to the ride! :jerry:

Now that's not true :nono:

motorbyclist
18th September 2007, 15:24

yeah, olga and my little brother know what they're doing and actually help a bit, whereas some passengers fidget (and let go at lights, so i have to make sure they're holding on before i move - KYLE)

i feel i can't corner/brake as much, i have to learn what they're up to skill wise for corners, i have to act responsibly cause i don't want them hurt, i can't lean right over in corners, and i always catch them offguard with the vfr acceleration when i go to pass

i do like to carry them, but i don't find they help handling at all

motorbyclist
18th September 2007, 15:33
aint mine that's for sure!!! wudnt have ditched her if she was my gf :laugh:

oh wait i already do :mellow:

taking pillions around the likes of scenic drive requires both of you to work together - that's what i like about it... and olga did say that you're a bit wobbly into corners, like you don't quite know how to handle pillions:shutup: - hint: don't fight them, work together (all three of you, pilot, pillion and machine)

and who said the commute to/from uni/work had to be slow?:devil2:

HungusMaximist
18th September 2007, 16:13
6) Ewen you should definately come along man, this sounds like an awesom weekend out in rotovegas

:done:

Ah fuck, I told ya I got responsibiltiies!

Unlike the rest of you pencil pushers... haha!

looks away and mumbles "I am missing out big time...."

HungusMaximist
18th September 2007, 16:24
Just on the whole yarn about carrying pillions.

I gotta give it to Issac for being brave enough to do those corners with his women on the back (especially at those speeds).

If you have grown up riding bikes by carrying passengers then you definitely have an advantage over people the mid life crisis chums, who take them the bikes up fresh,

The hard part is that you are now riding for two people and you'd always have to to consider the comort of your passenger (or not).

Some of my experience has been if you brake too hard you get your pillion smacking it's helmet on to your back

It's definitely a skill and mental thing, and big ups to people who do it 'SMOOTH'. :niceone:

Squiggles
18th September 2007, 20:54
Some of my experience has been if you brake too hard you get your pillion smacking it's helmet on to your back

check out the lovely set of nicks on the back of my helmet

Hanne
18th September 2007, 21:05
check out the lovely set of nicks on the back of my helmet

Well, that's not very fair! I was asleep at the time... :whistle:

bomma
18th September 2007, 22:27
taking pillions around the likes of scenic drive requires both of you to work together - that's what i like about it... and olga did say that you're a bit wobbly into corners, like you don't quite know how to handle pillions:shutup: - hint: don't fight them, work together (all three of you, pilot, pillion and machine)

lol i was going to take the corners wide and lean in like i usually do but then i realised that im two-up so id slow up and lean in and straighten then lean in more and straighten up....first time ever carryin pillion out on open roads...

and who said the commute to/from uni/work had to be slow?:devil2:
the car in front, the car in the other lane and the bus blocking any path in between :P

motorbyclist
18th September 2007, 23:09
lol i was going to take the corners wide and lean in like i usually do but then i realised that im two-up so id slow up and lean in and straighten then lean in more and straighten up....

yeah, if i was your pillion i'd be concerned

the trick is to do everything - including gear changes - smoothly

and if it's your first time with a particular pillion take it easy and work upwards so you know what the two of you are capable of... corners should be smooth - and NEVER flick the bars to straighten up, nor drop the clutch

basically - smooth

sudden jerks can throw pillions off balance, make them uneasy and possibly throw them off

Macstar
19th September 2007, 09:43
Not that I usually trust the weather forecasters all that much (especially long range), but it looks like we could be in a for a few showers on the ride.

Hope this won't be a problem for any of you - I'm sure all those years of riding in Auckland's daily showers will have prepared you.

klyong82
19th September 2007, 09:49
If it is pissing like hell then might cut back into SH1? But I am cool riding under rain just have to take it easy

Macstar
19th September 2007, 09:53
Yeah that's a good idea - save the twisities for drier days.

bomma
19th September 2007, 15:03
Not that I usually trust the weather forecasters all that much (especially long range), but it looks like we could be in a for a few showers on the ride.

Hope this won't be a problem for any of you - I'm sure all those years of riding in Auckland's daily showers will have prepared you.

awww man!!! ive been staring out the window all day hoping that the weather this weekend will be as amazing as it has been today....

id hate to have to cut the ride short and pootle down sh1......

p.s. i ride like a nana in the wet....

bomma
19th September 2007, 22:22
umm dudes and dudettes...i just had a look on the metservice website and the weather looks like absolute shite across the board for the weekend.....looks like it might turn out to be a nana-type pootle down the main highway....:crybaby:

EDIT: im still keen for a weekend out tho so im still coming

motorbyclist
19th September 2007, 23:21
see what metservice says on friday - good chance it's different to what they said today

was that you i passed on the north western after te-atatu today?

Macstar
20th September 2007, 09:09
It'll make the hot pool at the end feel that much better.

ehab2weelr
20th September 2007, 10:45
i love rain rides.... its just so nice at the end when u jump in the hot pool....
ild come if i could but my old man working round the house and wants me to help.....arrrrr :(....
dont think i could even come for the half ride....:crybaby:

bomma
20th September 2007, 11:48
see what metservice says on friday - good chance it's different to what they said today

yea ill be checking the weather forecast on fri night just to make sure what to expect....

was that you i passed on the north western after te-atatu today?

if you'd asked me that 2 sems ago (when my gf at the time was up in bloody greenhithe) id prolly say yep, but nope im never out that way these days, except for a few rides in the weekends.....

oh and ive textd dan and ill try and score some high-vis vests for all the riders this weekend.....

itll make us easier to see by for other road users and make it easier for us to identify each other :)

klyong82
20th September 2007, 11:50
So Macstar should we set the time to meet up say 9am in front uni gym? We will depart 9.30am sharp!!

bomma
20th September 2007, 11:59
oh hey and are those who are going on this ride keen to have a meeting the night before just to go over some shit at a pub or sumthing?? I know i am ;)

EDIT: I DONT condone drink driving, but one standard drink an hour keeps you well under the limit and in all reality is fuck-all alcohol and isnt really going to cause you to screw up and crash

klyong82
20th September 2007, 12:11
I am in for it.

Macstar
20th September 2007, 12:18
Hey

Pre-ride meeting / social catch up:

I can meet from 4-5.30pm on Fri afternoon, but have a dinner and movie planned that evening. Does that time suit others? If not, please PM Bomma to suss out a Fri pre-ride meeting time with him.

Saturday leaving time:

Meet at 9am Saturday at the gym for a 9.30am sharp departure. Please note that I am an impatient person and will leave at 9.30am, so this is not a target time for which to arrive.

The vests sound great. I've got one anyway - but Mei doesn't.

bomma
20th September 2007, 12:32
Hey

Pre-ride meeting / social catch up:

I can meet from 4-5.30pm on Fri afternoon, but have a dinner and movie planned that evening. Does that time suit others? If not, please PM Bomma to suss out a Fri pre-ride meeting time with him.

hmmm i dnt get off work till 5 so im keen to go after that....umm guess you guys cud get started without me and ill just meet up with you all after im done....

i was thinking of meeting at a cock n bull somewhere...newmarket??

This is weather dependant im not gonna be riding round, getting my baby all wet n soaked right after shes had a service the day before we head out on a massive ride!!! Use your noggans, if it's raining then dont bother going to cock n' bull in newmarket thinkin im gonna show up...if it's just drizzling or spitting however ill be ther :)

EDIT: Please PM me and let me know if you will be coming along or not...if nothing then itll be me n kim enjoying a nice quiet drink in a pub sumwher

EJK
20th September 2007, 12:35
Can I come? :D
I'm an Ex-Rotovegas rider :lol:

bomma
20th September 2007, 12:38
Can I come? :D
I'm an Ex-Rotovegas rider :lol:

lol ALL ARE WELCOME for me its a reason to avoid going to the 21sts (coz ill get shitfaced and miss the ride on sat mornin :p) but not have to stay home on a fri night :)

HungusMaximist
20th September 2007, 13:32
lol ALL ARE WELCOME for me its a reason to avoid going to the 21sts (coz ill get shitfaced and miss the ride on sat mornin :p) but not have to stay home on a fri night :)

I'd be there having a yarn with you boys on Friday afternoon, plus I'll cruise over on Sat morning and bid you all a safe journey (yeah right).

Just on the note of the Sunday AGM, are you and the boys/girls gonna do the rotovegas trip then head back for the AGM?

*NEWS FLASH - If any body want to borrow a tank bag for the rotovegas trip please PM me. It's a magnet one so no plastic tanks please.

!!!

ehab2weelr
20th September 2007, 13:39
:banana::buggerd:i might come 2moro just for the fuk of it... hahaha:2thumbsup

HungusMaximist
20th September 2007, 13:41
Issac, what time are you guys porting back in Auckland on Sunday?

Macstar
20th September 2007, 13:56
Issac, what time are you guys porting back in Auckland on Sunday?

AGM is the week after vegas. Prolly get back mid-late Sun avo.

Macstar
20th September 2007, 17:50
I wonder if they'll let us down the Luge in our motorcycle gears? http://www.skylineskyrides.co.nz/rotorua/

Be a chance to test people's real ridng skills (not their bike's performance).