PDA

View Full Version : Cbr250r temp hitting red

Static
8th September 2007, 01:53
hey i noticed today when i had been riding round town for a while temp sitting on about a quarter i waited outside on my bike while my mate went into a dairy to buy a drink and i left my bike idleing for bout 4-5 mins and the temp was sittin on red on the gauge. is this normal for this sort of bike or should i be getting it checked out?

skidMark
8th September 2007, 03:29
not normal, the fan should have kicked in , get it checked out , better to be safe than sorry, probably just wire a switch in to manually operate the fan...but silly question......is your radiator full?

ZeroIndex
8th September 2007, 03:45
not normal, the fan should have kicked in , get it checked out , better to be safe than sorry, probably just wire a switch in to manually operate the fan...but silly question......is your radiator full?
Or you could hard-wire a switch to turn the fan on or off eh Mark?

klyong82
8th September 2007, 07:41
hey i noticed today when i had been riding round town for a while temp sitting on about a quarter i waited outside on my bike while my mate went into a dairy to buy a drink and i left my bike idleing for bout 4-5 mins and the temp was sittin on red on the gauge. is this normal for this sort of bike or should i be getting it checked out?

City riding can cause the temperature to rise but when it was sitting on the red did you hear the radiator fan kick in. You should be able to hear a fan blowing. Check the fan, wiring and also the fuse box should be somewhere on the right front fairing part of the bike. While you are at it might as well pop open the radiator cap to see if it is bright green and is full (maybe the cap under the tank?).

If not take it to the shop to get it checked out

RantyDave
8th September 2007, 08:12
While you are at it might as well pop open the radiator cap to see if it is bright green and is full (maybe the cap under the tank?).
Don't do this while it's hot.

Dave

klyong82
8th September 2007, 09:25

Dave

Whoops forgot to mention that :Oops: Thanks Dave

Sidewinder
8th September 2007, 10:16
dont listen to mark

skidMark
8th September 2007, 10:46
Or you could hard-wire a switch to turn the fan on or off eh Mark?

yes thats what i meant it was late cut me sum slack lol

cbr guy
8th September 2007, 10:52
my one idles for ages without heating up, doesnt even need the fan. i flushed out my radiator and put brand new coolant mix into it, and my bikes been running cooler ever since. if thats any help for you

Sidewinder
8th September 2007, 10:54
yes thats what i meant it was late cut me sum slack lol

yep that gpx you sold rob was stuffed

Static
8th September 2007, 10:57
thanks heaps guys i had been riding it quite hard before hand but ill check it i think the fan did come on but i dident hang round to check as soon as i saw it was red i got it moving and the temp dropped like a rock but ill still check coolant and fan

and

Dave
i know this first hand as in all my intelligence i did this with my car a long time ago and i can tell you it hurts allot :doh:

breakaway
9th September 2007, 17:44
I had this problem with my CBR400RR when I got it - the fuse that controls the fan was shagged (old and oxidised contacts so it wasn't making a good connection). My bike used to get HOT AS. As soon as I got moving, I got some air flow through the radiator and temp dropped fast.

Fuse was replaced, and fan started working (comes on when temp gauge gets to 75% or so.), and now temp never rises over 75%. Sits at around 40% when riding on open road.