PDA

View Full Version : China: Police to lock unsecured bikes

Bob
7th October 2004, 23:50
To reduce theft of motorcycles, Taiping police are stepping up their awareness campaign. Up to now, officers have been leaving notices reminding owners to lock their bikes. But now police are going to take things a step further and lock up the bikes themselves.

Owners will have to report to the local police station with evidence of ownership. Taiping officials explained that this provided a good way for the police to verify if the motorcycles were stolen.

“It (the operation) is only to remind motorcyclists to ensure that their motorcycles won’t fall prey to thieves,” said district crime chief Deputy Supt M. Indraraja.

Marmoot
8th October 2004, 08:18
I wish they are that concerned about bikes here

Anyway, that police Deputy Supt name does not sound like chinese at all.....sounds more like south east asian.....or, to be exact, where I came from.....

Deano
8th October 2004, 16:08
So by forgetting to lock your bike up means you get treated like a criminal. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. Sounds like a breach of your civil rights to me. What is the world coming to ?

Ghost Lemur
8th October 2004, 17:41
So by forgetting to lock your bike up means you get treated like a criminal. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. Sounds like a breach of your civil rights to me. What is the world coming to ?

Bahahaha :killingme

Tis China. They DON'T have civil rights, then again neither do the yank they just aren't as willing to admit it.

Sounds like a good idea to me, particularly if it's just a short term (1 month maybe) campaign. Just hope they aren't using kryptonite locks. :lol:

SPORK
8th October 2004, 18:13
Bahahaha :killingme

Tis China. They DON'T have civil rights, then again neither do the yank they just aren't as willing to admit it.

Sounds like a good idea to me, particularly if it's just a short term (1 month maybe) campaign. Just hope they aren't using kryptonite locks. :lol:
Ahh, true dat...

Anyone here read 'Dude, where's my country'? Scary, waht happened

Devil
13th October 2004, 08:44
I was thinking about it the other way around.
Why worry about the dumbasses who dont want to secure their bike?