PDA

View Full Version : bloody cagers!

motorbyclist
3rd October 2007, 19:01
today i saw stupidity like no other:

on simpson rd, a bit long straight section, there was a 4wd driving down the middle of the road. the driver had himself on the centreline! he moved over just a bit for a frightened looking oncoming van, but still over the centreline! he had a good metre to move left! some people are hopeless!

on the northwestern, northbound, approaching te atatu offramp, there is three lanes, left lane is exit only and plenty of warning too, while middle lane diverges also (so you can go off motorway if you wish). i'm on the far right, cage in the middle lane, and cage in the left hand lane. all is normal, then on passing the offramp i see the car that was in the left hand lane is on the stripy divider thing trying to get in front of the car in the middle lane without braking nor visibly accelerating, just moving right without indicating! fuck i'm lucky the car in the middle lane didn't swerve.

and not long ago, on the northern, northbound, i was in medium traffic doing 100kph along with everyone else when we approached that new bridge with a pillar in the middle of the motorway (which is really a BAD idea). sure enough a cager in a 4wd suddenly swerves right to left across the divider right before the pillar missing it by no more than a metre! holy crap i thought i was about to run into the wreckage! idiot must've thought he was going to miss an offramp or something (obviously not looking more than 50m ahead)

Squiggles
3rd October 2007, 20:51
when we approached that new bridge with a pillar in the middle of the motorway (which is really a BAD idea).

Tis a silly wee addition, i suppose they couldnt knock down and rebuild the whole thing to widen it though, obviously only going to be a matter of time though :(

Hanne
3rd October 2007, 21:01
obviously only going to be a matter of time though :(

Indeed... last weekend going to soccer + torrential rain = glad I alredy KNEW the pillar was there we sure as hell couldn't SEE it until we were a couple of meters out...

H00dz
3rd October 2007, 21:01
poor bastards!!! We must feel sorry for them "for they do not know what they do"........

bell
3rd October 2007, 21:02
Having a licence to drive is the common denominator for 99% of people behind the wheel, as opposed to whether they have anything that could be termed 'driving ability'...

Best to avoid being in a squishable position on the m'way by getting past those cars that can burst your bubble when you can. Easier said than done sometimes though.

motorbyclist
3rd October 2007, 22:05
yeah i was passing at the time which is why i'm surprised the middle guy didn't swerve, but i wasn't going too fast cause damn it was windy

now i think about the middle guy, infact both of them, were probably typical westie drivers - won't give way even if it kills 'em!

HungusMaximist
3rd October 2007, 23:32
Tis a silly wee addition, i suppose they couldnt knock down and rebuild the whole thing to widen it though, obviously only going to be a matter of time though :(

Yea fuck, I noticed that big time when I was riding. It's pretty much just after the off ramp to Northcote.

Just on Andrews comments.

As riders, we just bag it. Not much really we can really do man, but to be on the ball all the time. I don't get pissed off at cagers doing stupid shit anymore because it is something that happens everyday. Most of the time I definitely try my best to avoid getting into stupid situations by applying some common sense and road craft. Unless it's something really really fucken stupid then I'd probably have a yarn about it.

*One of the things I absolutely hate is when cars are stationary/parked to the left hand side of the road but there is still somebody inside, engine on, and brake/tail lights on. I am always really cautious and approach really wide to the right when I pass them. Due to the fact that most of the time they don't switch on their left hand indicator and I can't tell whether they just sitting there or just about to fly out to my right without any warning. Regularly, a lot of cagers don't look or forget to look at their mirrors...... :crazy:

motorbyclist
4th October 2007, 16:01
exactly what happened to me last week