PDA

View Full Version : noob cager

Folcan
4th October 2007, 09:47
Thanks to a noob in a Black BMW SUV which I didnt manage to get the numberplate of. I broke a mirror and bent a bunch of stuff. main thing is Im still alright I managed to stay upright, but the VFR wasnt so lucky :S

Some other guys stopped in their cages to help me to the bike to the side and stuff, but the person who caused it was no where to be seen. Then a few seconds later kyle and ehab? (not 100% sure on names yet sorry if its no ehab) came past and we attempted to try and find the said car to get the numberplate, but didnt see em anywhere.

What happened was I was riding to uni, along the road from st johns which joins up to quay street im not sure what its name is, but theres a roundabout. entered the roundabout and the person stopped, then I was almost out of the roundabout they pulled out almost into me, I tried to avoid the car and ended up with the bike slipping out from under me. as I said I didnt fall or anything.

I doubt theres much I can do thou as I didnt manage to get what the cages numberplate...

Is there anything I should do like report it or something?

Macstar
4th October 2007, 10:18
Bummer bro. In that situation it depends whether you want to make an insurance claim or not. If yes, it would have been good to get the names and phone numbers of witnesses and maybe a Police report. You'd probably still have to pay the excess on a claim but go down on record as not being at fault.

If no plans to make an insurance claim - probably just wear it...

ehab2weelr
4th October 2007, 12:43
(not 100% sure on names yet sorry if its no ehab) ?

yep thats me. hah
hope ur sweet bo it was so hard to find a black bmw in town, theres just so many of them. hahah
it was cool doing 130 on keath st(i think thts how its spelled). hahah

EJK
4th October 2007, 14:26
Fukn Beemer drivers... :angry2::angry2:

Folcan
4th October 2007, 15:42
yea its a pitty I didnt get his numberplate. I was kinda busy trying to avoid him. Im just annoyed that so far all the crashes I have been involved in have been caused because I was trying to avoid hitting a cager who had done something stupid.

Bummer bro. In that situation it depends whether you want to make an insurance claim or not. If yes, it would have been good to get the names and phone numbers of witnesses and maybe a Police report. You'd probably still have to pay the excess on a claim but go down on record as not being at fault.

If no plans to make an insurance claim - probably just wear it...

I dont have insurance yet, Im thinking of getting thou. but the damage is not too bad would have been worse If I had hit into him, which would have maybe made him stop. but I couldnt do that to my bike :P

yep thats me. hah
hope ur sweet bo it was so hard to find a black bmw in town, theres just so many of them. hahah
it was cool doing 130 on keath st(i think thts how its spelled). hahah

haha yea you guys flew. I think I could have gotten him if I hadnt gone over the to side of the road. and sat abit..

Next thing is getting it back unbent and stuff. anyone know whers the best place to get a new mirror? im guessing an overpriced dealer or maybe some wreckers or something

Squiggles
4th October 2007, 16:36
I dont have insurance yet, Im thinking of getting thou.

GET IT. Its not hard to and saves you grief if anything happens... else you may find yourself knocking a car and ending up with a repair bill after their insurance company comes after you...

In a related story, a mate of a mate was dicking around while pissed and put a dent in the roof of my mates car, mates dad claimed it on insurance, 4 weeks later the company came after my mate for their $1500 repair bill (had to remove the roof, panelbeat, paint and refit)

Not sure so much how the number plate would've helped in such a case...:mellow:

motorbyclist
4th October 2007, 16:51
dude, get 3rd party atleast

and while you're at it, remember you aren't covered without a warrant, rago, or if under the influence of alcohol

klyong82
4th October 2007, 21:04
Fukn Beemer drivers... :angry2::angry2:

Hey I drive a beemer ......

motorbyclist
5th October 2007, 00:56
haha my mum drives a beemer, she's hopeless too

Mole_C
5th October 2007, 09:15
Could always stake out the roundabout if it looks like the kinda place they would go every morning on way to work. Not quite sure where you're talking about. If it is just get a chair and sit around waiting for it to come past again :niceone:

Luckylegs
5th October 2007, 09:37
...almost out of the roundabout they pulled out almost into me, I tried to avoid the car and ended up with the bike slipping out from under me. as I said I didnt fall or anything.

So, you didnt actually hit the car (right ?) and you didnt fall.....

So how'd the bike get damaged ? (I never went to uni like you clever SMC'rs, So Im confused :wacko:)

Folcan
5th October 2007, 12:11
Well the bike slipped out from under me, as the road was damp. I dont know how I managed to stay upright but the bike basically highsided (it regained grip after slipping and flew over to the left.)

I see theres a police dude sitting on quay street by the buslanes, maybe I should go steal some footage or something and see if there was a similar car around there shortly after my crash. or maybe ill just bash and BMW SUV I see that is black and eventually ill get the right person :D

motorbyclist
5th October 2007, 12:15
see, now this is why i want one of these (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=121054079)

Folcan
5th October 2007, 12:36
see, now this is why i want one of these (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=121054079)

Just dont let the wrong video footage get into the wrong hands, couldnt it end up as being a fine or something as its proof haha

HungusMaximist
5th October 2007, 13:34
Bro, so that's what happened yesterday aye....

I passed you, ehab and kyle (the korean dude with the arai helmet I believe?) and I was beeping my horn at you guys at the intersection of Kohimarara Rd and Allum St (by St Thomas's School).

Yea you guys saw me in my Mitsubishi cage heading up to St Johns and gave me the gayest smirk (haha) :laugh:but didn't realise it was me until I shouted out my window.

I shouted "What are you guys doing? You alright" , you said something like "Outta gas... but I am O.K".

HungusMaximist
5th October 2007, 13:38
^Bro, make it to Strata around 4pm if you can. Cheers.

EJK
5th October 2007, 14:40
Hey I drive a beemer ......

Oh really?
Bloody BamBeemers! :angry::angry::angry:

:lol::lol::lol:

Folcan
5th October 2007, 15:03
Bro, so that's what happened yesterday aye....

I passed you, ehab and kyle (the korean dude with the arai helmet I believe?) and I was beeping my horn at you guys at the intersection of Kohimarara Rd and Allum St (by St Thomas's School).

Yea you guys saw me in my Mitsubishi cage heading up to St Johns and gave me the gayest smirk (haha) :laugh:but didn't realise it was me until I shouted out my window.

I shouted "What are you guys doing? You alright" , you said something like "Outta gas... but I am O.K".

I dont think kyle is a korean dude :P. maybe you saw ehab and kyle and the other dude somewhere else, kyle did say he ran out of petrol yesterday I think and ehab had to go get for him. cus I dont remember anyone driving past hooting and I dont remember saying that.. haha Doh about coming to strata Im home already.

Bike should be all fixed this weekend, hopefully gonna get the mirrors sorted 2morrow, then ill head to my parents to get my stuff unbent with a gas torch thing... I was gonna repaint my fairings anyway in the summer now ill have to firbeglass some of it too

motorbyclist
5th October 2007, 15:09
bah just get a NC30 :bleh:

bomma
8th October 2007, 12:33
hey dan,
sorry i didnt reply to your email man, i only just checked it and realised that you had emailed me...

we saw ya going through paeroa?? yesterday on the ride!! we were pulled over coz we saw trump-lady, a hobag and the dude on the zx6r that came along with us on the whangarei ride a lil wile back....saw you go past while waiting for tania to fuel up, surprised you didnt see us aye....you musta taken the main highway back up or else we might have caught up to ya....hope you had a good ride

newayz hope the bikes goin fine and sorry to hear about the accident...

you can basically do next to nothing in such a situation apparently (mostly coz you have no insurance and were unable to get the rego of the asshole punk that hit ya n did a runner)

get insurance is all the advice i can give ya and hopefully nothing like this happens again

Folcan
8th October 2007, 12:57
Yea was good. I was sure I saw your bike in paeroa was so many though. I should have stopped for petrol too as I hit reserve shortly after leaving paeroa. I managed to top up just before jumping onto sh1. but yea I went up sh2 I think. If I had gone with you probably would have slowed the group haha.. I wasnt too keen on pushing it with the front acting so dodgy...

Was a good ride thou. Im happy I got the chicken strips smaller :D

klyong82
8th October 2007, 13:24
Oh really?
Bloody BamBeemers! :angry::angry::angry:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah but it is the SUV's that are bloody Bambeemers. I drive a 3 series coupe.....safe grand prix driver.

Squiggles
8th October 2007, 13:46
Yeah but it is the SUV's that are bloody Bambeemers. I drive a 3 series coupe.....safe grand prix driver.

i think you should be shouting us new tires not beers :niceone:

klyong82
8th October 2007, 14:36
i think you should be shouting us new tires not beers :niceone:

eh? Why tires? :laugh: