PDA

View Full Version : McGregor’s bike sells for £85,000

Bob
15th October 2004, 00:11
The BMW Ewan McGregor rode round the world has sold for £85,000 - 10 times the price of a new one. A New York woman, who did not want to be named, snapped it up at a charity auction.

The R1150 GS Adventure came complete with the luggage he used for the trip and numerous personal modifications.

The bike was the top attraction among around 20 lots donated to the event to raise money for UNICEF, Macmillan Cancer Relief and the Scottish children's charity CHAS. The show raised £142,600.

Cajun
15th October 2004, 08:21
The BMW Ewan McGregor rode round the world has sold for £85,000 - 10 times the price of a new one. A New York woman, who did not want to be named, snapped it up at a charity auction.

The R1150 GS Adventure came complete with the luggage he used for the trip and numerous personal modifications.

The bike was the top attraction among around 20 lots donated to the event to raise money for UNICEF, Macmillan Cancer Relief and the Scottish children's charity CHAS. The show raised £142,600.

damn she got ripped dc:<

Eddieb
15th October 2004, 09:01
damn she got ripped dc:<

If she's smart she's probably written the money off against some tax break for charity donations meaning she can claim it back in her end of year taxes or something, plus she got a bike out of it.

Dafe
30th September 2005, 19:05
Damn, I can't believe Ewan Macgregor sold the bike after all he went through with it. I would have thought it would live in his garage forever! They're such wicked bikes, I sat on one today......May ride one tomorrow if weather is kind.

Jackrat
30th September 2005, 19:50
If she's smart she's probably written the money off against some tax break for charity donations meaning she can claim it back in her end of year taxes or something, plus she got a bike out of it.

What she does is donate the bike to the Smithsonian insitute an then claim the bucks back on tax.
She gets to keep the bike apart from when the institute wants to put it on display.Which hardly ever happens.
Yank hunters that pay mega bucks to shoot Elephants an then get their name put on some "I'm the biggest tosser" list do the same thing to pay for it all.