PDA

View Full Version : Does your pet ride?

Hanne
11th October 2007, 20:42
I know some cats like to ride with their owners... So does my dog, but sssh, don't tell my mum!

PirateJafa
11th October 2007, 20:48
I'm sure you could squeeze 'er inside the fairings of ya ZZR? ;)

Hanne
11th October 2007, 21:01
I'm sure you could squeeze him inside the fairings of ya ZZR? ;)

Yes, I imagine she would be quite toasty down there!

sunhuntin
11th October 2007, 21:16
my cats all hate my bike when its running, but i often go out to find the seat covered in hair and footprints. lol.

my partner has a set up on his decker with two plastic "baskets" kinda like laundry baskets. his pomeranian, nipper, fits quite nicely. the bottom one gets bungied onto the seat and framework, and the top one gets bungied down to the bottom one, safely enclosing nipper. reason for that is nip has barked himself horse after being left at home for a few days, and hes not so young anymore, so every day is special.

fireliv
11th October 2007, 21:24
My cat doesnt run when we pull up on the bikes anymore, and will climb over it when its not running, but no way in hell is she gonna sit there while we ride!. However I reckon Phoenix's old cat would, he sits in the drive and refuses to move when a vehicle comes over, nearly ran that damn cat over so many times!

Hanne
11th October 2007, 21:25
my cats all hate my bike when its running, but i often go out to find the seat covered in hair and footprints. lol.

my partner has a set up on his decker with two plastic "baskets" kinda like laundry baskets. his pomeranian, nipper, fits quite nicely. the bottom one gets bungied onto the seat and framework, and the top one gets bungied down to the bottom one, safely enclosing nipper. reason for that is nip has barked himself horse after being left at home for a few days, and hes not so young anymore, so every day is special.

That's awesome!
Ruby would be so jealous of Nipper if I told her that....

98tls
11th October 2007, 21:37
Dont want to spoil the party here but a mate of mine had a staffy that used to love being on the bike with him,personally as a dog lover i thought it was just stupidity but thats just my opinion fwiw....the inevitable happened and in an attempt to avoid hitting a car the dog instead hit at quite a few kph resulting in it having to be put down,he has another dog but surprisingly it doesnt get on the bike:niceone:

Macstar
11th October 2007, 21:49
There was that famous NZ biker that rode around with his cat everywhere. He had made up a little leather helmet and goggles for it - but I heard he died in a crash? Don't know if the cat survived?

MyGSXF
11th October 2007, 21:55
There was that famous NZ biker that rode around with his cat everywhere. He had made up a little leather helmet and goggles for it - but I heard he died in a crash? Don't know if the cat survived?

Max & Rastus.. that was one hell of an awesome cat.. staunch as ferk!! :headbang: Rastus was shut in his tankbag when they rode on the Bmr, he died as well.. :weep:

link to a photo I put up on another thread...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1010018&postcount=18

Macstar
11th October 2007, 21:59
http://www.petsonthenet.co.nz/maxandrastus.htm

Chrislost
11th October 2007, 22:01
just remember the leash has to be short enough so that the lil one cant jump off.

wouldnt it be dangerous if the poor wee thing fell off without leathers on though!

MyGSXF
11th October 2007, 22:03
http://www.petsonthenet.co.nz/maxandrastus.htm

Cool site.. thanks for that!!!! :niceone:

deanohit
11th October 2007, 22:43
My dog rides on the tank of the quad, but the tank on my trail bike is too narrow for him to perch on, so he doesn't ride with me on the road.

Heres how ya can carry a smaller dog.:crazy: Not my dog thank god, but my mum used to do something similar with her chihuahua a back pack.

motorbyclist
11th October 2007, 23:01
lol, i've seen a farm dog jump up onto the seat of an xr350 and ride pillion (wide seat and the dog kinda lay down)

and then there's the gsxr1000 that i swear was doing over 200kph when he passed me. he had a backpack on with a dog's head stickin out looking over his shoulder!

and my auntie is getting her puppy used to bikes so she can recommence commuting on her ducati for the summer (takes dog to work, he's the office dog/factory mascot)

deanohit
12th October 2007, 06:55
Jeez, the guy in the third pic is a real smart cookie,big dog on the front AND no jacket let alone a tshirt even, and bloody shorts as well.

Love the pic of the dog with the goggles on.

sels1
12th October 2007, 07:03
Our cat loves to ride in the car - often did the trip from Wgtn to Gisborne with my daughter (was her cat) but havnt taken her out on the bike yet, altho she likes to sit on it when its in the garage.

kiwifruit
12th October 2007, 07:24
Weasil used to ride my older bikes, he's a little worried about the output quantities of the current banger so has been steering fairly clear

Her_C4
12th October 2007, 07:55
I am sure that he would LIKE to ride.... :sunny: Max has no fear of the bikes (even the 1098 which is REALLY loud) and walks around the pits on race day loving all the noise, the smalls and the excitement. :scooter::yes:

He always looks at me a bit wistfully when I take off on the bike - :love: but unfortunately though there is only enough room for me leaning on the tank, let alone having him there....:bye:

klingon
12th October 2007, 09:05
I am sure that he would LIKE to ride.... :sunny: Max has no fear of the bikes (even the 1098 which is REALLY loud) and walks around the pits on race day loving all the noise, the smalls and the excitement. :scooter::yes:

Well Max wouldn't be the only male that gets turned on by the noise, the smalls and the excitement.

My parents' dog used to go into the guest room and run away with the female guests' underwear. Very embarrassing for Dad to find lacy knickers hidden around the house and have to return them to their owners! :rofl:

Finn
12th October 2007, 09:31
I know some cats like to ride with their owners... So does my dog, but sssh, don't tell my mum!

I don't mean to be rude, but your dog is obese. If you really do love him then stop feeding him to death. It's very cruel and will shorten his life.

Walk him twice a day. It'll be good for you both.

oldrider
12th October 2007, 09:51
Well Max wouldn't be the only male that gets turned on by the noise, the smalls and the excitement.

My parents' dog used to go into the guest room and run away with the female guests' underwear. Very embarrassing for Dad to find lacy knickers hidden around the house and have to return them to their owners! :rofl:

How encouraging, there is such a thing as reincarnation!

That dog sounds like someone I used to know! :bleh:

I think he is trying to give us a sign. :yes: John.

sunhuntin
12th October 2007, 10:24
heres a pic of nipper in his basket

motorbyclist
12th October 2007, 22:31
I don't mean to be rude, but your dog is obese. If you really do love him then stop feeding him to death. It's very cruel and will shorten his life.

my dog is also obese, despite daily walks, and is happy as anything

he loves food, and despite all of it he is currently two years older than he should ever have gotten

it kinda annoys me people who think you should bring up your dog differently to extend their life - the dog doesn't know, so he doesn't care.

deanohit
13th October 2007, 06:05
it kinda annoys me people who think you should bring up your dog differently to extend their life - the dog doesn't know, so he doesn't care.

Yea, I know what your saying, my dog was never over weight, but the lab here where I'm living is that fat, he has trouble jumping into the car. Ths is despite the fact he is on diet food and walks at least 4km every 2nd day and regular running around the house. Just a big fat black bastard whos now 8 years old.

And no, he doesn't ride.

UberRhys
16th October 2007, 11:39
This is my mates built in alarm system - Brutis. Park anywhere, leave it running and you can bet that no one will touch it.:niceone::headbang:

He was going to get some leather googles made up for Brutis to make him look more the part.

PS: he is chained in so he can't jump out

McDuck
5th November 2007, 22:10
This is my mates built in alarm system - Brutis. Park anywhere, leave it running and you can bet that no one will touch it.:niceone::headbang:

He was going to get some leather googles made up for Brutis to make him look more the part.

Is that a vespa?????

Squiggles
6th November 2007, 00:03
Awesome!:2thumbsup

sAsLEX
6th November 2007, 00:18

If you go to a Liverpool home game and park in the street a little Chav will come up and ask for a fiver to watch your car for you during the match.... when someone replied that there dog would look after the car the young kid replied "Can your dog put out fires?"

Pay the fiver though and your car will not be touched....

jrandom
6th November 2007, 00:22
Pay the fiver though and your car will not be touched....

Ah, starting 'em young on the protection rackets, eh?

Execute every last motherfucking one of them.

MVnut
6th November 2007, 07:54
Yeah one of my pets rides............. Miss September............ but the Wolfhounds are too big.:shit:

Phurrball
6th November 2007, 16:35
Meant to post here a while ago - our cats love jumping on the bikes if they're out in the sun (the bikes, that is...goddam ambiguous language)

Max also drives my little hamster car - look, he can even multitask and wash himself while driving :2thumbsup

klyong82
6th November 2007, 19:38
Meant to post here a while ago - our cats love jumping on the bikes if they're out in the sun (the bikes, that is...goddam ambiguous language)

Max also drives my little hamster car - look, he can even multitask and wash himself while driving :2thumbsup

The cat on the bandit must be very comfortable on a nice comfy seat like that.

twinkle
7th November 2007, 14:52
Does your pet ride?
I had this pet spider who used to live in my indicator switch housing. He used to say hello every morning before disappearing inside when i started up the bike. I forgot he was there one day and WD40'd him.

Maha
7th November 2007, 14:55
Yes.........but only other pets.....:baby:

Phurrball
7th November 2007, 16:39
The cat on the bandit must be very comfortable on a nice comfy seat like that.

Yep, she did enjoy that seat. They're no so keen on the FXR seat - which I understand, 'cos I'm not either! They should like the big and little VTR seats though - wide and comfy.

Hanne
7th November 2007, 20:26
I had this pet spider who used to live in my indicator switch housing. He used to say hello every morning before disappearing inside when i started up the bike. I forgot he was there one day and WD40'd him.

I just got one of them!
He made it all the way to Whangamata AND back and he is fine living there until he grows big and black... The nI will have to EAT him! muahahaha!:devil2:

mstriumph
9th November 2007, 15:21
just remember the leash has to be short enough so that the lil one cant jump off.

wouldnt it be dangerous if the poor wee thing fell off without leathers on though!

i'd be blerry dangerous if the poor wee thing fell off with a leash on an got dragged thru the air at mach1 by the neck??:no:

mstriumph
9th November 2007, 15:24

this is SCAREY ..... if you don't stop it, people will start calling you 'sensitive' or somethin and RUIN your hard-earned reputation!! :devil2: