PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping with my new babe

Macstar
13th October 2007, 18:18
This is the closet thing to sleeping with my new baby... It's found a new home parked outside my bedroom window, just cms away from the bed! Just picked her up from up North - '01 KTM EXC 520 (road registered).

Should make a mighty fine Motard machine, already got some street wheels lined up!!!

klyong82
13th October 2007, 19:11
That looks like a mint bike bro. You must be really happy

EJK
13th October 2007, 19:50
:gob::gob::gob::gob::gob::gob:
Mei's bike?

twinkle
13th October 2007, 19:56
looks great! what does the rest of the bike look like? :lol:

twinkle
13th October 2007, 19:57
:gob::gob::gob::gob::gob::gob:
Mei's bike?

hehe i can so see Mei popping a wheelie on that :woohoo:

Macstar
13th October 2007, 20:31
Mei needs to graduate from the School of GNs before she can ride this baby!! More photos in due time... Bike is a bit scratched up in places but I plan to repaint black.

It rips mean wheelies -accidently did one when test riding it (effortlessly in 2nd gear).

Unfortunately as I'm heading off to Oz on Thurs, I don't think I'm gonna get a chance to get her road ready in time and will have to wait till I get back:bye:

Also cause it doesn't have an ignition barrel (KTM) I want to get an alarm fitted with immobiliser before parking it around town. At least full coverage insurance is only $220 per year.

Squiggles
13th October 2007, 20:43
ya got space in that garage for it while you're away? else it can "park" in mine :rolleyes: :D

Hanne
13th October 2007, 21:02
ya got space in that garage for it while you're away? else it can "park" in mine :rolleyes: :D

Yes, and Stephen's TL will move into the hallway at my place :P

HungusMaximist
13th October 2007, 23:02
Let me know when you get back aye Issac so we can suss out a 'test ride' session.

You know I'll treat her well, as if it was my own!

On the other note, will you let me and Nish double team her? ? *wink wink*

bomma
14th October 2007, 10:49
Let me know when you get back aye Issac so we can suss out a 'test ride' session.

You know I'll treat her well, as if it was my own!

On the other note, will you let me and Nish double team her? ? *wink wink*

lol shot isaac thats great news man....guess we can look forward to seeing another hooligan popping wheelies and stoppies around town :2thumbsup

and yea im real keen for a spin on her....maybe take her down to the beach and let rip round the sands sometime ;)

Cr1MiNaL
14th October 2007, 11:42
I would bring her on the bed and sleep on the floor.

Macstar
14th October 2007, 12:15
There's a cue for rides already! I managed to pick her up for $3650 - but am budgeting on spending $1500 to get her looking and running sweet again (and rego'd and insured).

Any of you guys recommend a reasonably priced outlet for KTM / MX parts?

twinkle
14th October 2007, 12:24
There's a cue for rides already!

queue *coughdecliningstandardsofliteracyatnzuniversities cough* :rofl:

ehab2weelr
14th October 2007, 16:50

what r u on man????:shutup:
hahahah

EJK
14th October 2007, 18:11
*EJ cuts in line* :whistle:

deanohit
14th October 2007, 18:42
Thats a cool bike bro, please please please post heaps of pics once it's a motard!!!!

Macstar
14th October 2007, 19:37

Alright alright, you got me.

Thats a cool bike bro, please please please post heaps of pics once it's a motard!!!!

Cheers mate - will do.

klyong82
14th October 2007, 19:39
Hey Macstar where were you today for the Pink Ribbon Ride? Surprise you did not turn up

Macstar
14th October 2007, 19:57
Yeah I had hoped to be there but buying the ktm took the whole of Saturday, so had to study today unfort. Heard you guys had fun though.

2wheeljunkie
15th October 2007, 16:33
cool bike issac..yall have heaps of fun ehh..yea make sure u put up those pics once yer ready..i know of a ktm dealer in east tamaki but im not sure if their expensive or not.. thought i swing rund that info on ya..happy wheeling on your new baby..!

bomma
15th October 2007, 20:33
just make sure you're spending quality time and riding all three girls in your life equally mate or you might end up in a spot of bother :lol:

Squiggles
15th October 2007, 21:25
i hereby volunteer to assist with said riding :eek:

bomma
16th October 2007, 09:22
^ i also volunteer, dont mind riding either one of your asian imports or the ktm :)

Macstar
16th October 2007, 11:47
Ok, ok, I may have 'asked for it' with my thread title, but let's keep this to bikes eh?

I like to treat all of my "babes" with respect.

2wheeljunkie
16th October 2007, 13:23
arent u a dirty little bugger bomma..naughty naughty..!

motorbyclist
16th October 2007, 14:24
Bike is a bit scratched up in places but I plan to repaint black.

just buy a set of black plastics, don't piss around with plastic primer. or better yet, just cover it with stickers!
(http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Frames-bodywork/photos/a-122419805/p-48069362.htm)
we've gotta take her out some time and see how well she does offroad before you lose those knobblies!

xwhatsit
16th October 2007, 14:40
Forget about the bloody plastics, what does it sound like?

There's this black KTM SomethingOrOther single that I've seen a couple of times in Newmarket. It's got the darkest sound, this thumping crack like nothing else. I think it's intake noise mainly, but it's got a tasty 'zorst as well.

bomma
16th October 2007, 15:01
Ok, ok, I may have 'asked for it' with my thread title, but let's keep this to bikes eh?

I like to treat all of my "babes" with respect.

sorry :mellow: still dont mind house-sittin for ya if u want :)

p.s. party at isaacs on fri :insert partying emoticon here:

motorbyclist
16th October 2007, 15:09
It's got the darkest sound, this thumping crack like nothing else. I think it's intake noise mainly, but it's got a tasty 'zorst as well.

it's probably the normal sound a big bore single cylinder 4 stroke dirtbike makes with a decent pipe:laugh:

(dirtbike intake isn't very loud at all.... hell even my roadbike isn't too loud unless you've dismantled her and are looking at exposed carbies - damn things were louder than the exhaust!)

Macstar
16th October 2007, 21:10
just buy a set of black plastics, don't piss around with plastic primer. or better yet, just cover it with stickers!
(http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Parts-accessories/Frames-bodywork/photos/a-122419805/p-48069362.htm)
we've gotta take her out some time and see how well she does offroad before you lose those knobblies!

Thanks, I had actually already added those to my watchlist. Mechanics are the priority at the mo, cosmetics later. I think I'll buy a metre of black vinyl and stick that on the bike at some stage...

I'd be keen for that mx ride, have to try and suss it when I get back.

Forget about the bloody plastics, what does it sound like? There's this black KTM SomethingOrOther single that I've seen a couple of times in Newmarket. It's got the darkest sound, this thumping crack like nothing else. I think it's intake noise mainly, but it's got a tasty 'zorst as well.

I've got a Yoshi pipe on the Rf which I thought was loud till I revved the KTM! It is damn loud (stock exhaust too) and throaty but a slightly higher tone than what my Yamaha SRX 400 (also single cylinder) was.

The thing that gets me though is how light it is (112kgs). Yesterday I lifted it on to a trailer without a ramp by myself and held the bike upright by the tail with one hand while I tightened the tiedowns on my own (it doesn't currently have a stand fitted). Whereas with the RF (208kgs dry) I struggle to push the thing around the garage floor!

motorbyclist
17th October 2007, 00:33
112! made out of lead or something?!:bleh:

edit: that graphics kit will be reasonably scratch proof and should fit without problems, and looks cool, while black vinyl, unless pretty thick, won't be too flash over the scratches and will be a pain to apply on the uneven surfaces and irregular shapes... that said i worked for a signwriter while i was at highschool so i could probably give you a hand;) - just bring her round to my place with the knobblies on and we'll see what she's capable of while we're at it

klyong82
18th October 2007, 18:47
As Macstar is having fun with his new babe. I am also having fun with my new babe......isn't she lovely.....sitting in my garage now. I just gave her a polish. Darn black is so hard hard to keep clean....:love:

twinkle
18th October 2007, 18:54
thats a pretty :scooter: how do you like it compared to the cbr?
hehe i see you left one of your kitchen chairs out :lol:

klyong82
18th October 2007, 19:22
thats a pretty :scooter: how do you like it compared to the cbr?
hehe i see you left one of your kitchen chairs out :lol:

Yeah she is fast...brand new not run in yet....its only a zx6r so it does not have the torque compared to a Fireblade but I am impress it is much much smoother than a CBR600RR......:niceone:

Yeah that kitchen chair is for my niece to use to climb up the bike she loves sitting on bikes...

motorbyclist
18th October 2007, 20:06
wait, is that yours or did the shop see how many ks had been clocked on the guzzi?

what's happening with the fireblade

bomma
18th October 2007, 20:12
wake up people....KIM OWNS MT EDEN MOTORCYCLES!!! why the hell else would they be lending him out these bikes to take home?!?!? All this "i love honda" act is just a facade to hide the truth!!!

he's just bein a cheap arse and doesnt want us scungy piss-poor students hitting him up for discounts!!! remember what he told mei "i can afford to buy a new bike every week" OF COURSE HE CAN IF HE OWNS THE BLOODY SHOP!!!!

klyong82
18th October 2007, 20:27
wait, is that yours or did the shop see how many ks had been clocked on the guzzi?

what's happening with the fireblade

Yeah it is mine for now. Shop was happy to exchange the heavy guzzi for something lighter..... Fireblade still waiting for parts from Japan....darn my exhaust will be arriving soon too..

wake up people....KIM OWNS MT EDEN MOTORCYCLES!!! why the hell else would they be lending him out these bikes to take home?!?!? All this "i love honda" act is just a facade to hide the truth!!!

he's just bein a cheap arse and doesnt want us scungy piss-poor students hitting him up for discounts!!! remember what he told mei "i can afford to buy a new bike every week" OF COURSE HE CAN IF HE OWNS THE BLOODY SHOP!!!!

Not my fault that they wanna let me ride the ride. I just want my Honda back so I can ride it hard....haha I think you are mistaken it was Mei that told you that....and I told her I can only afford a scooter with my poor exploited asian salary.

Besides I think we were all drunk that evening and we were saying things she should not be saying haha.....Well Bomma you own Wild West Honda then.....how you are always saying good things about them......how they can accommodate all your biking needs.....is that why you always discourage anyone fom going to Mt Eden? hahaa yeah caught you there bro....come on we all know you have a 07 Fireblade (which you say is Don's) sitting in the garage in prestine condition.....;)

bomma
18th October 2007, 20:31
come on we all know you have a 07 Fireblade (which you say is Don's) sitting in the garage in prestine condition.....;)

hehe well you can find out for yourself when you come over for the barbie after xams are finished :2thumbsup

dang now i gotta find a place to hide her!!:whistle:

carbacca
18th October 2007, 20:44
i think kim is costing them far more in depreciation/mileage than the profit from the work a 10 dollar sensor is worth hahaha

klyong82
18th October 2007, 20:48
hehe well you can find out for yourself when you come over for the barbie after xams are finished :2thumbsup

dang now i gotta find a place to hide her!!:whistle:

I'll swap you my 07 zx6r for your 07 Fireblade...kawasaki sitting position is killing me.... on my way back I bump with Ewen on his pushbike down Quay St. He likes the kwaka.....and might be testing one....

klyong82
18th October 2007, 20:54
i think kim is costing them far more in depreciation/mileage than the profit from the work a 10 dollar sensor is worth hahaha

well i think it does not cost 10 bucks anymore but they are actually getting a new fuel pump and all the bits which can cost a bit.....disagree with the depreciation I reckon at the end of the day they will still be able to sell the bike at the same price whether or not I rode it or not.....besides they sold my old Fireblade at big profit surprisingly...so I am just taking my share of their profit....haha

Squiggles
19th October 2007, 06:29
bike whore.

carbacca
19th October 2007, 07:06
bike whore.

took the words outta my mouth haha

klyong82
19th October 2007, 09:17
Kawasaki ZX6R will whipped your TL too Squiggles..Yo Hanne you wanna ride on the Kwaka? hey at the end of the day I am doing promoting Mt Eden M/C of the fabulous service...:woohoo::headbang:

HungusMaximist
19th October 2007, 10:59
^ Haha it was funny that I saw you yesterday at the lights by Quay Street.

I was on my push bike and I was like "fuck that's a mint Ninja" and then I looked again it was frikkin KIM!

Yea Bomma is right about how he owns Mt Eden Motorcycles.

He's like their secrect shadow owner that nobody knows.... until now that is....

I am glad Kim is nice and small, beats all the other dick motorcycle shop owners I have encoutered so far...

carbacca
19th October 2007, 11:40
can you "promote" me a new bike for a mint price since youre the owner??

klyong82
19th October 2007, 12:11
I am glad Kim is nice and small, beats all the other dick motorcycle shop owners I have encoutered so far...

Yeah I am a nice guy.....say it again say it again. Yeah it is a brand new Kwaka just got its wof a week ago. so how is the bike hunt coming about? Do you want a V-twin?

can you "promote" me a new bike for a mint price since youre the owner??

Think you better get your full first then there will be a stunning black 2005 Kawasaki ZX636 waiting in the showroom for you at $11,495. But be quick at that price it 's a steal. Low Km's and is all ready for summer riding.....Haha how's my sales pitch guys? ;) I knew I am in the wrong industry...better make the switch...

OH and I ain't the owner I am an exploited asian working for a university.

xwhatsit
19th October 2007, 12:41
OH and I ain't the owner I am an exploited asian working for a university.

I've been wondering for a while -- what do you do there? UoA?

carbacca
19th October 2007, 12:46
red baron has the last limited edition gold and red colour ZX636R going for 13995.....

klyong82
19th October 2007, 13:04
I've been wondering for a while -- what do you do there? UoA?

One of the IT people at AUT. So come on study at AUT (pssss...the increase student means I can ask for more money woohooo). HAahaa

red baron has the last limited edition gold and red colour ZX636R going for 13995.....

Yeah that is a nice one and it is brand new and good price. One of the Mt. Eden Parts guy has one fully modded looking pretty in that colour. Quickly get your full licence Hong

carbacca
19th October 2007, 13:09
i m doing it as quick as i can....i had to push my restricted back 1 week cos i binned on wednesday night and wasnt sure i can get it back up and running (which i did). i only have another 6 months to go...unless i go do defensive driving

and my list of potential bikes i wanna get just keeps growing...

Squiggles
20th October 2007, 09:47
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-123375099.htm

go buy that kim, then you wont need to get rid of that spidi jacket :eek:

klyong82
20th October 2007, 15:21
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-123375099.htm

Got my eyes set on a silver one in Auckland fulled modded with can and PC3 but will wait and see when the 929 comes back......ohhh time for a ride on the Kwaka....

Hanne
25th October 2007, 12:46

I agree. Colour coordination really is of utmost importance.

PS Chris is painting his VFR pink.
It will look so spunky! :msn-wink:

bomma
25th October 2007, 13:17
PS Chris is painting his VFR pink.
It will look so spunky! :msn-wink:

when did chris get castrated?? :mellow:

Hanne
27th October 2007, 22:42
when did chris get castrated?? :mellow:

Maybe he is just so secure with his masculinity that he doesn't have a problem with exploring his inner pink side?
It is a very bright shade. Not at all wussy.

bomma
28th October 2007, 16:21
Maybe he is just so secure with his masculinity that he doesn't have a problem with exploring his inner pink side?
It is a very bright shade. Not at all wussy.

yea that could be true......................
...........................or maybe he just lost his nuts when he came off at taupo :lol:

klyong82
29th October 2007, 13:24
yea that could be true......................
...........................or maybe he just lost his nuts when he came off at taupo :lol:

I think all the pink ribbon campaign has something to do with it. He wanna show that he cares......

Hanne
29th October 2007, 18:43
I think all the pink ribbon campaign has something to do with it. He wanna show that he cares......

Well that's what I call dedication :first:

bomma
29th October 2007, 21:48

if he cared so much he'd be better off makin a donation or buyin their promo products.......

riding a pink bike around....people just gonna think he's gay....or a really ugly girl......:doh:

p.s. and i mean REEEEAAAAALLLLY ugly :shit:

xwhatsit
29th October 2007, 22:12
I'd hit it.

motorbyclist
29th October 2007, 23:35
I'd hit it.

ROFL!:clap:

Macstar
30th October 2007, 19:56
My my, this thread has grown since I first started it...

Well, I'm back from Oz and have been working steadily on the KTM getting her ready.

Here's a list of shit bought and work done:

Motard wheels (Sport bike rims), rotors, calliper mount, sprokets, bearings and custom made axels / spacers etc.
Koso digital speedo
Mirrors
Grips
rear indicators
A hidden kill switch / immobiliser
Seat vinyl re-done
New stand

Engine/carbs etc:
New water pump seals & orings
Oil change / filters
Radiator flush
Air filter cleaned and re-oiled
Carb cleaned out and tuned

Other shit:
Brakes bled - pads OK
Fit horn
Suspension setup
Shorten chain
Clean out petrol tank
New brake and clutch levers

And a damn good clean...!

Being a shrewd business student I managed to get all parts including wheels for $1232 and have done a fair amount of the mechanics myself and used my awesome mechanic mate for the rest. I'm hoping labour charges will be around the $300 mark.

So, another couple of days and a WOF and maybe, just maybe... she'll be on the road this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will take some photos tomorrow and chuck them up.

Sweet;)

klyong82
30th October 2007, 20:32
Welcome back Isaac. Will be looking forward to seeing the KTM in action

deanohit
30th October 2007, 20:39
Awesome mate, can't wait for some pics!

bomma
30th October 2007, 20:42
and some vids of wheelies and stoppies :2thumbsup

Chrislost
30th October 2007, 20:42
horns are fun!
i dont know why their a WOF ting tho

Hanne
30th October 2007, 20:48
horns are fun!
i dont know why their a WOF ting tho

Mine wasn't last time I went for my WOF....
Wire had fallen out and i still got my sticker :whistle:

Macstar
1st November 2007, 18:39
Ok here's some "before" and "middle" pictures (note: "after" has not been achieved yet:oi-grr:).

HungusMaximist
1st November 2007, 19:49
It's comming along... slowly but surely!

I can't wait to take her for a test ride hahahaha!

And also, I can't wait to get a new frikking bike!

That TRX down at Palmy North was a good steal aye! I still have his number on speed dial as he didn't sell manage to sell it on Trade Me or KB. I mentioning because while riding back home down Symonds Street I saw a TRX. Yea It sounded frikking mint!!!

klyong82
1st November 2007, 20:09
It's comming along... slowly but surely!

I can't wait to take her for a test ride hahahaha!

And also, I can't wait to get a new frikking bike!

That TRX down at Palmy North was a good steal aye! I still have his number on speed dial as he didn't sell manage to sell it on Trade Me or KB. I mentioning because while riding back home down Symonds Street I saw a TRX. Yea It sounded frikking mint!!!

How about a Fireblade 929? Interested?