PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSX 250 Busted Oil Cooler

LtKilgore
27th October 2007, 10:53
I ride a 2004 GSX 250. Picked it up reading 2000k and have put 27000 on the clock. A week or so ago it started stinking and leaking oil. Turns out my oil cooler is shagged. As far as I know it has never had an impact or stone strike, I have had the same oil in it for about 12000k though. Has anyone else had a problem with a GSX oil cooler? It seems a little early for such a part to be shot. Any advice or anecdote appreciated.

Chur.

JMemonic
27th October 2007, 19:02
Are you sure its the cooler and not a leak in a line or connector ?

If you are unsure you could pressure test the cooler, if you are not sure how to do this or don't have the tools any radiator repair shop should be able to do it for you and affect repairs as required.

It would be odd if old oil damaged the cooler more likely external factors, or perhaps an over pressure problem due to a blockage somewhere in the system, once you get the leak sorted get the pressure tested after you do the oil and filter.

Pancakes
30th October 2007, 15:55
A Hyosung one wouldn't just crap out like that! Hahahaha, had to do that.

Anyway, If it is the cooler you don't have to get a OEM one if the $$ are crazy like some parts can be. Use a Landcruiser one or something maybe?

WTF do you buy a pretty much brand new bike for and not change the oil for 12 thousand K's? Do it.