PDA

View Full Version : Who's scared of RATS?

Mom
29th October 2007, 08:43
Well I am for sure!! My lovely cat brought a very much alive/revolting/dirty/disgusting RAT into the house on Saturday morning. :bash: Oh she was so proud of herself. That was until she let it go and lost interest in it. We trapped it in the bathroom, all good you might think. Sadly in an attempt to capture it (we dont have a shot gun) :2guns: it escaped and took up residence in the office!

Fantastic, we have a houselot of guests coming, a KB Birthday to celebrate and a friggen HUGE rat in the house. :sweatdrop Two nights with a trap set and no joy in killing it, so have called in the experts! Hopefully today will be the last day that I can not bring myself to go in the office, or even open the door more than a crack to check the trap. :baby:

So folks, there will be no Party review, or photos posted or anything else till that thing is dead! Wish us luck, we miss you guys.

Flatcap
29th October 2007, 09:36
One rat isn't so bad

I was staying at the In-laws farm a while back and the rats where breeding under the house. They would come up into the laundry at night, right next to the bedroom we were staying in.

So I set the trap, and sure enough 10 minutes after we went to bed -SNAP - caught the first one.

It wasn't dead however and was dragging the trap around the house, so I had to take it outside an bash it with the back of an axe.

This happened three times through the night - I got so tired of squashing rats I stopped setting the trap...

Trudes
29th October 2007, 09:42
Ewwwww, rats, mice, blurkkk, hate the little rodents, evil they are, totally evil!!:cry:

Swoop
29th October 2007, 09:53
Taste like chicken... apparently.

scumdog
29th October 2007, 09:58
Well I am for sure!! My lovely cat brought a very much alive/revolting/dirty/disgusting RAT into the house on Saturday morning. :bash:

THAT is one of the 'perks' of owning a cat!!

Luckylegs
29th October 2007, 10:08
My lovely cat brought a very much alive/revolting/dirty/disgusting RAT into the house on Saturday morning.

Beats having a dead one brought in (by a cat) and stored under your daughters bed (in a Barbie Doll Pool) for a week or so before discovery...

:sick:

...I feel your anguish, good luck

Usarka
29th October 2007, 10:16
I never trust a triumph rider but i wouldnt say I'm scared of them.....

steveb64
29th October 2007, 12:06
One rat isn't so bad

I was staying at the In-laws farm a while back and the rats where breeding under the house. They would come up into the laundry at night, right next to the bedroom we were staying in.

So I set the trap, and sure enough 10 minutes after we went to bed -SNAP - caught the first one.

It wasn't dead however and was dragging the trap around the house, so I had to take it outside an bash it with the back of an axe.

This happened three times through the night - I got so tired of squashing rats I stopped setting the trap...

There's a rat trap made from metal (can't remember brand name) - has a nice set of triangular 'teeth' that stick up from the base - I use one of those, and tie some string from it to a good anchor point. Fcukers don't run around after that!

Beats having a dead one brought in (by a cat) and stored under your daughters bed (in a Barbie Doll Pool) for a week or so before discovery...

:sick:

...I feel your anguish, good luck

Yeah - had one like that in the boys room. Thought it was smelling kind of funkier than it should - start clearing out some of the mess, and... :sick:

Now the boys keep the room a little tidier... :niceone:

fireball
29th October 2007, 12:28
rats arent so bad..... until they run up your leg in an attempt to escape death by shovel.....

just like possums really kill them all! :lol:

BuFfY
29th October 2007, 12:55
Not rats, but my cat caught a bird on friday, but it was still alive! And she went to put it out of her mouth and it flew around, then sat in the window of the kitchen. I locked her in my sisters room and then tried to get the bird but it kept flying at the window and cr*pping everywhere. I was scared it would fly at me!
I ended up having to ring a guy to come save me, because spending the day hiding in my room by myself wasn't thaaaat fun!!

Mikkel
29th October 2007, 13:20
Rats are not that bad... mice are much nastier!

I recall many years ago spotting a rat in my parent's garden. It went into the shed and I went out to get it. Stupid animal hid under - of all things - the lawnmover. So, I yanked the ripcord... it started...

Mom
29th October 2007, 13:25
Ok, rat man has been. 2 nasty extremely sticky traps baited, pus one commercial spring loaded baby, with nutella (theres a tip for you, rats LOVE Nuttella) :crazy:

Cant wait for Maha man to get home and ring me with the good news that the rat is caught!

I like the lawnmower trick! Would have been tempted to try that if we one!

magicfairy
29th October 2007, 13:49
I love pet rats. They are really friendly animals, and affectionate. We used to have them until we got dogs (malamutes - they love to eat rats) but Ill probably have a pet rat again one day when dogs are gone.
However wild ones, in the walls, roof...call the exterminator.

nodrog
29th October 2007, 14:18
Ok, rat man has been. 2 nasty extremely sticky traps baited, pus one commercial spring loaded baby, with nutella (theres a tip for you, rats LOVE Nuttella) :crazy:

did Mark run out of Black flag? :dodge:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! :eek5:

Xaria
29th October 2007, 14:30
Hope it all works out and the rat is gone.

Give the cat less food so she is likely to kill and eat it.

Side note: Why don't they make rat flavor cat food?

Mikkel
29th October 2007, 14:34
Because the cats might go: "Could I have a slice with no quite so much rat in it?" ;)

Besides I think most cat owners wouldn't want the cats to carry dead rats back more often than necessary.

Scouse
29th October 2007, 14:37
THAT is one of the 'perks' of owning a cat!!Nah its one of the perks of owning dogs

Skyryder
29th October 2007, 16:12
I've seen some scary 'Rat' bikes.

Skyryder

Toaster
29th October 2007, 16:18
Well I am for sure!! My lovely cat brought a very much alive/revolting/dirty/disgusting RAT into the house on Saturday morning. :bash: .... a friggen HUGE rat in the house.

I thought Mark was allowed inside the house???? <_<

Goblin
29th October 2007, 16:33
When our cat finds rats or mice she eats everything except the feet, face and tail. A few weeks ago I opened the door to find a rat's tail, feet and wiskery, beady eyed face staring up at me.:oi-grr:

When we live in the country she used to always bring baby rabbits in and leave them under the kid's beds. I caught her in the act one day and she had just the torso and back legs of a baby rabbit sticking out of her mouth. :eek:

Unit
29th October 2007, 17:40
You know the rat is more scared of you than you are of it (shes says as I stood well back down the hall, eying up my escape route when Mark opened the door to check the trap :sweatdrop)

Maha
29th October 2007, 17:44
You know the rat is more scared of you than you are of it (shes says as I stood well back down the hall, eying up my escape route when Mark opened the door to check the trap :sweatdrop)

Im in the room now and know the bastard is looking at me....4 traps on the floor and i have eyes in the back of my head....will the party pics up asap Prunit....they are loaded and OMG!!!!

Donor
29th October 2007, 17:47
Bah, it's a rat...

Lemme dig out my favourite whacking stick, and I'll come pay the furry little bastard a visit... :bash:

Masterchop
29th October 2007, 17:59
Our cat brought one into the house then let it go,we couldnt find it for a few days, untill I picked up my track pants off the floor and slid me leg into them,
out the bottom ran the rat,FUCK i SHIT.

Chased it around the bedroom for twenty minutes,finally the cat caught it and I stomped on it,that was the end of that rat.

Maha
29th October 2007, 18:24
Bah, it's a rat...

Lemme dig out my favourite whacking stick, and I'll come pay the furry little bastard a visit... :bash:

We got the batsard.....pics to come....:banana:

Angusdog
29th October 2007, 18:33
Do not click on this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king) if real, freaky things give you nightmares

jafar
29th October 2007, 19:01
We got the batsard.....pics to come....:banana:

R.I.P Rat :weep: Poor little fella was so wanting MOM's love & affection. When she said Party with CAKE he knew he had to move in, but where to be?? Rat wanted to be with MOM so much he moved into her Office to be close to her. How could he possibly know that MOM would react this way & have him dispatched, after all her Husband is a RAT RIDER :2thumbsup

Mom
29th October 2007, 19:22
Ewwwww, rats, mice, blurkkk, hate the little rodents, evil they are, totally evil!!:cry:

Vile and filthy and ugly, really really ugly.......did you know that their teeth never stop growing....they have to gnaw to keep them in check :sick: Oh and BTW I learned some amazing facts about rats today....bring on the pub quizz :jerry:

Hope it all works out and the rat is gone.

Give the cat less food so she is likely to kill and eat it.

Side note: Why don't they make rat flavor cat food?

Sadly even if they did make rat flavoured food it would not work. Our cat is an amazing hunter, and usually killer of vermin........she never eats them, but mice can often be found dead in her food bowl.......LOL

Because the cats might go: "Could I have a slice with no quite so much rat in it?" ;)

Besides I think most cat owners wouldn't want the cats to carry dead rats back more often than necessary.

mice/birds yepper I can cope.......rats........I cant!

Its dead mate........deader than a dead thing.....should have heard it in the night.......and what is worse...the poxy cat was all ears and stood at the office door wanting in!.........Forget that..........*mutters something about going off cats for ever*

Bah, it's a rat...

I told Maha man to bash it with a spade when it was in the bathroom!!! He wouldn't! Concerns for welfare of bathroom walls.......and we dont actualy have a spade at the moment, we broke it......:msn-wink:

Creator of my nightmares is dead!! Nutella rocks! as does my new friend Wayne the rat man!.....close your eyes if you want but look at this!!!!!

Nasty
29th October 2007, 19:28
I think that is justice well served .. LOL ... I am not scared of rats I just hate them .. especially the ones the girls bring in alive from the lake at the bottom of the section ... the water rates are huge. We found how to stop it .. we got a magnetic cat door .. in order to get through the door they have to break the neck of the rat .. so only bring in dead ones now :)

steveb64
30th October 2007, 12:34
...brought back a memory - Flatting in Kaikohe as a youf, pretty run down sort of place (it was cheap), and then they cleared the overgrown vacant section across the road. Talk about a plague of rats! Me and one flatmate walked into lounge one evening, and he says "Hey - look at that!" - and points at this large rat sitting on the arm of one of the chairs!
We both head back out door - arm ourselves, and come back. Chased the damn thing around the room a couple of times - then he threw a knife at it! Well, it then turned and ran AT him - he jumped and I swung (big softball bat size bit of dowel) - right between the legs! :eek:
Got the rat - not the mate... Bought some packets of rat poison after that - chucked one up in the roof - packet and all, and jammed another over a rat hole in the wall of the kitchen, down side of stove. End of rat problem...

Mekk
30th October 2007, 17:04
I didn't mind rats until they chewed through my fucking washing machine hose...and my ethernet cables...and my speaker cables...and my headphones...and my flatmate's shoes...and my coat.........................

Xaria
30th October 2007, 18:53
Trade your cat in for this one (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=59868) Get it young and train it to kill what it brings home...

Apparently cats can be trained but they are so good at ignoring you that it usually seems like too much work

Mom
30th October 2007, 19:04
Funny story! :laugh:

Rats dont belong in houses. I spent many years living rurally and they are a fact of life, OUTSIDE! Now live in small town NZ and dont expect them to be around, I certainly dont provide an environment for them. The local council refuses to give out rat baits to rural dwellers, but in town......no worries!

[QUOTE=Mekk;1270566]I didn't mind rats until they chewed through my fucking washing machine hose...and my ethernet cables...and my speaker cables...and my headphones...and my flatmate's shoes...and my coat.........................

Amazing rat fact for tonight.....

A rat can gnaw through a gib board wall in 30 mins.........:shit:

Bastards!

Wiki Drifter
30th October 2007, 20:43
my ex- cat (RIP):weep: torturing another captured rodent. I've lost count the number of times he has brought back mice, rats, giant insects, sparrows and parrots. Luckily the majority of them were already dead, but on at least two occasions the mice/rats managed to escape inside the house. Needless to say the olds weren't impressed by his mad hunting skillz... :nono:

Skyryder
30th October 2007, 22:28
Just think of rats as a star. That's what my dad told me when I was a little girl. Took me a little while to work it out. By the time I did they did not seem so bad. Wise man my dad. xxx

Trudes
31st October 2007, 06:01
A star that'll run up your leg and bite your knee? little bastards.

Maha
31st October 2007, 06:15
my ex- cat (RIP):weep: torturing another captured rodent. I've lost count the number of times he has brought back mice, rats, giant insects, sparrows and parrots. Luckily the majority of them were already dead, but on at least two occasions the mice/rats managed to escape inside the house. Needless to say the olds weren't impressed by his mad hunting skillz... :nono:

Oh yes, we have nights with the curtains up/lounge suit upended/tv moved/doors opened....cat thinks its hua of joke, almost like a game that the whole family can play. Saw the cat 3/4's the way up the curtains one night, the mouse could climb and so could she, dont worry about the holes Blackie!...ya bastard...:shit:

Stickchick
31st October 2007, 08:26
My cat doesn;t like mice...he brings in insects and stuff like that but never had a mouse brought in. One time he even decided to show me that he can get a baby possum, which was the same size as him.

jafar
31st October 2007, 16:56
A star that'll run up your leg and bite your knee? little bastards.

Only your knee? Thought womens stockings had ladders in them so they could run right up :devil2:

Skyryder
31st October 2007, 22:45
Only your knee? Thought womens stockings had ladders in them so they could run right up :devil2:

That reminded me of someone I once knew. He reckoned the only ladder that it was safe to be under were the kind found on womans legs. He had a shocking sense of humour. He was a cat fancier and showed his prize queen. It never won a thing as it was too fat. Every night he'd give her a bowl of milk and add a little whiskey. Not much just a wee treat. We'd come back one night and I was a bit under the weather. So he gives the his cat the 'treatment' that's what he called it and I make an silly remark about him having two drunk cats so he adds more whiskey than usual and before we know what's happening the cat wanders off with the wobbles. Not one of my better nights but still at the time it was hilarious, still is when I think about it................but in this day and age..................not even in New York any more.

fredie
31st October 2007, 23:59
i have traped 30 rats in my old house . have you seen rats nests in your bike . airbox .broken headlight unit. :crazy: