PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Adjustment

Foobin
4th November 2007, 01:53
Hello everyone

Anyone here know how to adjust the clutch on my bandit, right now i have to pretty much let it all out before it engages.

would like to make it engage a bit earlier.

thanks

Pancakes
4th November 2007, 20:42
Since no-one else has answered I'll throw in my 2c.

I'm sure they're cable eh? Should be an adjuster on the lever? One part to turn to adjust and a locking ring. If it's not on the lever follow the cable till you see it. Play till your happy. Do a small amount at the time so you don't tap it into 1st with the cluch pulled to find out you wound it too far and the bike takes off!

Foobin
4th November 2007, 22:50
cool, i had a look at the start of the cable and there is these screw things i can wind in/out like you can on a bicycle break. will have a play around with it.

Pancakes
5th November 2007, 09:54
Lots of shops seem to set them so just a little bit of pull starts the clutch disengaging. I have short fingers and operating something at the end of your working range with your fingertips in gloves doesn't give me the control I like. I set mine so the clutch is engaged unless its a few mm from the grip. It is still easy to completly disengage but gives lots of control too. Lets me use some slip to lift the wheel off the line which I don't have the control to do when it's dialled right out. By then it's just slipping off the end of my fingers so is pretty off/on in action.

Hope this helps while your playing. Clutch control/confidence will help your riding experience heaps.

Foobin
6th November 2007, 00:05
had a play around today and think i got it better, now i can ride the clutch a bit longer and easier to get it going.

Max Preload
10th November 2007, 22:01
Make sure you've got some freeplay or your clutch will slip, maybe only a little at first that you may not notice, and be buggered sooner.

JMemonic
15th November 2007, 10:06
If you are having no luck give me a PM an we will get it sorted for you.

Katman
15th November 2007, 13:52
The more freeplay you give the cable at the lever, the sooner the clutch will engage as you let the lever out. However, if you give it too much freeplay the clutch won't fully disengage and the engine is liable to stall when you try to select first gear.