PDA

View Full Version : Paint job that changes with heat announced

Bob
26th October 2004, 23:37
Trippin Inc have produced a paint that can change colour with changes in temperature. It can be used to air brush graphics, or for an overall paint job.

This means you could have a bike that starts out one colour and changes to another... or even a graphic job that is invisible when cold, but appears as the bike heats up.

According to the manufacturers, Trippin' Paint can be mixed with pearls, metal flakes, micro-sequins, flip-flop additives, and most other custom paint additives.

For more information, check out the company's website at: http://www.trippininc.com/

Pwalo
27th October 2004, 12:16
Trippin Inc have produced a paint that can change colour with changes in temperature. It can be used to air brush graphics, or for an overall paint job.

This means you could have a bike that starts out one colour and changes to another... or even a graphic job that is invisible when cold, but appears as the bike heats up.

According to the manufacturers, Trippin' Paint can be mixed with pearls, metal flakes, micro-sequins, flip-flop additives, and most other custom paint additives.

For more information, check out the company's website at: http://www.trippininc.com/

Oh hell I guess that means more damned custom paint jobs. Just wait till the boys at OCC see this.

On the other hand it could be good for speed camera's, etc. 'No officer my bike is red'.

Or you could have your engine done in a tasteful black that gets redder as it gets hotter. Sorry that's just silly.

James Deuce
27th October 2004, 12:24
I need that for the wife, so I know when to run.

pipeman
27th October 2004, 19:02
Wright on man I might paint my bredroom with this stuff :2thumbsup

Ghost Lemur
27th October 2004, 19:09

Bahahaha :killingme

That's brilliant Jim, in fact I think it should be maditory. Sign the wedding form and paint the wife.

Midnight 82
27th October 2004, 19:10
:eyepoke: Good one Jim2 get an xtra litre for mine :doh: :bleh:

RiderInBlack
28th October 2004, 07:19
Bahahaha :killingme

That's brilliant Jim, in fact I think it should be maditory. Sign the wedding form and paint the wife.I knew something was wrong. I must have got dud paint on the Ex. Oh well somebody elses problem now:devil2: (mmm should put a Somebody Elses Problem Feild Generater on her and I would not have to see or hear from her again:whistle: ).

Ghost Lemur
28th October 2004, 13:56
...mmm should put a Somebody Elses Problem Feild Generater on her and I would not have to see or hear from her again:whistle: .

Where do you buy them from I'd be in for one of those for sure.

NC
28th October 2004, 14:00

Your a very BAD man!

:lol:

RiderInBlack
28th October 2004, 17:06
Where do you buy them from I'd be in for one of those for sure.Check your HGTTG for were you could get one (and remember "Don't Panic"). Old Slartibartfast might have an old out of date one for you:innocent:

Bob
28th October 2004, 19:55
I don't know if you guys are aware, but the BBC are making the remaining books into radio versions.

They are currently broadcasting the third series now.

The relevent page (you can listen to the latest episode online each week, after the Thursday repeat - so last weeks' one is still there for the moment) can be found at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/

Skyryder
29th October 2004, 20:57
So you get your bike stolen and are asked the
colour??????????

Came across a website some time ago on this subject of paint changing colour. Recall the tech. was developed for miltary purposes' for camoflage. just wonder how long this will take before it's in textiles.

Um where my partner. She is in a pink ball gown.

Is that the lass I saw in the green dress, making out with the barman.

Probably so I'll have a Black Russian

Sorry Sir the temp to high it's have to be a Red instead.

As if the world is not complicated enough as is.

Skyryder

Velox
29th October 2004, 21:03
Ooh - like Hot Wheels! So now you can put your bike in the freezer and it'll change colour and then in a jug of boiling water and it'll go a diff colour! That is pretty cool though.

R6_kid
30th October 2004, 18:20
whats so new? I remember having hotwheels and micromachines cars that did it in hot-cold water. from blue to red (hot-cold). obviously not oversensitive but if u heated it up it would stay that colour until u had cooled it rather substantially.