PDA

View Full Version : hyosung GT250R revving oddly ?

Donut
19th November 2007, 07:53
Hey i have only had the bike for 1200k's and just recently it has started to fluxuate on the rev counter once it get to about 7k. The engine dosent sound any different to usual but the rev meter just jumps up and down by
+/- 1k until i take it over 8k... is this an issue or just normal >?

carbacca
19th November 2007, 08:20
typical flat spot problem by the sounds of it

most noticible when accelerating through 3rd gear, 50-70k about 6000rpm when it just sits there for a second before kicking in. is that what you noticed??

Wheeliemonsta
19th November 2007, 10:15
Hey i have only had the bike for 1200k's and just recently it has started to fluxuate on the rev counter once it get to about 7k. The engine dosent sound any different to usual but the rev meter just jumps up and down by
+/- 1k until i take it over 8k... is this an issue or just normal >?

Tell the Dealer about it when you take your bike in for a service, you may have a fault in your tacho... (Quite common)

Cheers

:rockon:

DingoZ
19th November 2007, 10:52
Hey ya,

There is a common problem with the Hyosungs. It is either a faulty cdi unit or the switch for the side stand. Sometimes the vibration of the bike can cause the side stand switch to think it is down, therefore it is wanting to cut the engine. Or the cdi unit is faulty. (sneaky sneaky to get around NZ Emission standards)

Either or, take it back to dealer and get them to check it out, and replace either or both of these parts.

My Gt250R started dropping revs and losing power in 3rd while in rev range of 4,700 - 4,900 and the same in 4th while going through the gears. (As well as in top gear on occasions).
Called the dealer, spoke to the chief mechanic and he said "simple as", they picked up the bike, have replaced cdi and side stand switch, BIKE NO LONGER DOES THIS - all fixed "...All under warranty

:niceone:

Pancakes
19th November 2007, 21:53
I read the first post a bit differently and Donut, let me know if I'm wrong but your engine is ok, the tacho is waving around tho? The Tacho has an input and dampening to make it read smooth. Sounds to me like a short in the internals when it's at that point in it's motion and that would make it an electrical issue (not 12v) in the tacho or tacho loom itself.

Woudl have a bike mechanic check it out if your concerned. Could be a costly job beacause of the diagnostic time taken in intermittant electrical faults.

DingoZ
19th November 2007, 23:14
I read the first post a bit differently and Donut, let me know if I'm wrong but your engine is ok, the tacho is waving around tho? The Tacho has an input and dampening to make it read smooth. Sounds to me like a short in the internals when it's at that point in it's motion and that would make it an electrical issue (not 12v) in the tacho or tacho loom itself.

Woudl have a bike mechanic check it out if your concerned. Could be a costly job beacause of the diagnostic time taken in intermittant electrical faults.

Woops my bad, didin't read the post carefully..... Gotta agree with Pancakes,
if the engine is okay and not loosing power, then definetely something electrical with the tacho...... Your mechanic should be able to sort easy as...

:banana: Note to self, read posts carefully ...:devil2:

Pancakes
19th November 2007, 23:32
Actually, if they tell you the tacho's bung just order another one your self off richardhyosung (http://www.richardhyosunggvgt.com/cometgt125250650rs.htm).

Donut
20th November 2007, 14:55
Actually, if they tell you the tacho's bung just order another one your self off richardhyosung (http://www.richardhyosunggvgt.com/cometgt125250650rs.htm).

yeah im sure its a fault with tacho the bike is at the shop today so will find out later, and why order then id have to pay for it... gotta make the warranty worth something

rphenix
20th November 2007, 15:31
Hey ya,

There is a common problem with the Hyosungs. It is either a faulty cdi unit or the switch for the side stand. Sometimes the vibration of the bike can cause the side stand switch to think it is down, therefore it is wanting to cut the engine. Or the cdi unit is faulty. (sneaky sneaky to get around NZ Emission standards)

Either or, take it back to dealer and get them to check it out, and replace either or both of these parts.

My Gt250R started dropping revs and losing power in 3rd while in rev range of 4,700 - 4,900 and the same in 4th while going through the gears. (As well as in top gear on occasions).
Called the dealer, spoke to the chief mechanic and he said "simple as", they picked up the bike, have replaced cdi and side stand switch, BIKE NO LONGER DOES THIS - all fixed "...All under warranty

Is the problem still apparent in the 07 models? I thought they had fixed that.

DingoZ
20th November 2007, 15:47
Is the problem still apparent in the 07 models? I thought they had fixed that.

You would think they would have got it right by now, but sadly no. The 08 models, I have been told shouldn't have the problem with the side stand. However there might be ongoing problems with the cdi unit.

But at least it is a "known" problem which if encountered is easily remedied, at no cost to the buyer, that gotta count for something at least

Mine is all fixed and not a sign of the before mentioned problem, so all is good

:clap:

Now its onto the good stuff of riding....:woohoo:

Pancakes
20th November 2007, 20:20
yeah im sure its a fault with tacho the bike is at the shop today so will find out later, and why order then id have to pay for it... gotta make the warranty worth something

True mate, if it's covered let them fix it. Was thinking more if it wasn't covered. My tacho was damaged when I got hit and it has taken over three months to get the replacement in. Apparently the Hyosung warehouse in Korea has moved to the other side of the country and they don't have things laid out yet. On the other hand RichardHyosung takes just days.