PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand Motorcycle Awards Dinner to be held on 27th November in Auckland

Bob
27th October 2004, 22:48
Motorcycle Trader & News in association with Motorcycling New Zealand and the NZ Motorcycle Distributors Association will host the second motorcycle awards dinner in Auckland on November 27th 2004. It will be a black tie affair at the Sky City Convention Centre.

According to the press release, New Zealand has produced more world champions in motorcycle sport than any other discipline, a fact that has been overlooked for far too long (Newshound’s note: I assume this includes Speedway, where I know you guys have churned out one star after another?). The awards dinner is designed to redress this by raising the profile of the sport and to applaud its star performers.

Twelve category award winners will be named on the night including the latest inductee into Motorcycling’s Hall of Fame.

The evening will also see the launch of Motorcycling New Zealand’s Rider Welfare Trust, a charity set to provide support for injured motorcyclists.

As a special feature guests will celebrate the 25th anniversary of New Zealand’s success in the team speedway World Championship. We will also honour New Zealanders who have won the Isle of Man TT. Members of the speedway team and Isle of Man winners will attend the event.

LB
28th October 2004, 04:46
This should be a great event - I can't go as I've got a prior commitment with the tarmac and a dozen mates. Last year's one was apparently a cracker too (once again I couldn't go - same tarmac and mates called!)

Hitcher
28th October 2004, 07:55
Now if we were only as good at producing track riders as we were motocrossers... This is another area where the Aussies have got us whacked -- just look at the bike talent they churn out!