PDA

View Full Version : Dyno day

geoffm
20th November 2007, 21:04
Anyone interested in a dyno day over Christmas holidays - if i can source a new-to-me laptop to run it (donations accepted - Pentium 300+ with serial port please).
No guarantees of accuracy, and if your motor blows, I promise not to laugh much. Machine needs some use and I need some comparison runs. Bikes will need an electric starter.
Geoff

Squiggles
21st November 2007, 10:48
ill see if i've still got any old ones at work that still work... :pinch:

insane1
21st November 2007, 12:31
would like to see if the burger actually has any real grunt +tune it .

Pancakes
25th November 2007, 19:59
Got an EGO meter too? For non injected bike or should I weld a nut in and get a sensor? I have the curcuit made if you want one? Would love to see a graph of my pipe v.s my homemade pipe.

geoffm
26th November 2007, 19:57
Got an EGO meter too? For non injected bike or should I weld a nut in and get a sensor? I have the curcuit made if you want one? Would love to see a graph of my pipe v.s my homemade pipe.

I don't have a EGO meter, or rather I did have one and it got lost in the move. A proper gas analyser is better - however both have the problem that the dyno is an inertia dyno, not a brake dyno so you can't hold a steady load until it settles, or part throttle runs.
The wild change in EGO around stoichiometric isn't that great for fine tuning either - good for engine computers as it is almost a digital input.
The dyno project wa a hobby, funded out of beer money, so it is basic, but works as well as a basic dynojet. It needs some more development and money tho.
Geoff

Squiggles
13th December 2007, 14:03
ya still need one? i think i've got one for ya :)

geoffm
17th December 2007, 21:07
ya still need one? i think i've got one for ya :)

Yup, surely do still need a laptop. Be a great thing - how much $$ (not much i hope, as I have just had to drop $1200 into the kiddy Karrier :-(
Geoff

Squiggles
17th December 2007, 22:01
I'll check it works properly and has a serial port + find a charger, it'll be free :)

Squiggles
27th December 2007, 09:31
*bump* heading away in a few days, but she seems to be working sweet