PDA

View Full Version : Help me please I'm new (glennewb)

glennewb
23rd November 2007, 17:56
hi im thinking about buying this pocket bike off trademe http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=128496063
i am wanting it to muck around on but would you be able to race it and i was wondering if got on it would it be slow or do you think it would actually go 60km i am about 89kg and will it last and tell me what you think thanks very much

Shadows
23rd November 2007, 18:02
Are you looking for a real bike or a toy?

marty
23rd November 2007, 18:04
i guess it depends what you want it for. for riding up and down the drive, and around owen delany park, it's perfect.

for anything else. it'll be shit.

Ronin
23rd November 2007, 18:14
PLEASE NOTE: We do not give refunds on these bikes. If for any reason you are unhappy with it, you will need to send it back to us to be checked, if the damage is from use of the vehicle, we will be happy to supply you with new parts at your cost. Should the bike arrive to you with any problems, we will gladly do any repairs req free of charge, but it will need to be fully checked by our staff for any signs of use first. We will only refund if the bike is still brand new in its box, and is returned to us in perfect condition. Note this may need to be discussed with management first, and freight will not be refunded.

I would be worried about that for a start.

TRAINING WHEELS
23rd November 2007, 18:15
The bike is a "pocket bike" doen even need a Licence for one of these as they are classed as a 50cc moped ....Maybe start with a 150 if you want as small bike but a 250 can be just as small i guess....All depends on what your wanting really

mstriumph
23rd November 2007, 18:19
not really the thing if you want to get into proper biking...

Gadgit
23rd November 2007, 20:12
Good little bike for beginners to go racing. max speed of 60km. check it out here www.nzmmrc.co.nz

hospitalfood
23rd November 2007, 20:14
no good, seat is about the height of your knee. unless you are a dwarf? great bike for a dwarf....

glennewb
23rd November 2007, 20:42
thanks everybody i was just looking for something to have fun on and was just wondering if i was to get on it and it would only go like 20k and or would brake after a few runs im about 88kgs and also is like what you see adults racing thanks everyone much appreciated.

Gummie
23rd November 2007, 20:43
i am looking to start my bikeing career too. this bike is defin itely no good to start on it is way to small

Aero165
25th November 2007, 17:45
Hey mate. I got my pocket bike about 2 weeks ago and did my first race meet on it during the weekend. I loved it! I'm in Taupo too I usually ride mine around the pavement loop down by caltex :D. Your more than welcome to come take my B1 rep for a spin if you'd like. 027 3160636, Aaron.

daytona 2
25th November 2007, 18:13
wat were u wearing at the races?? you the guy with the done up green one??????

Aero165
26th November 2007, 07:30
Nah, I had the repsol one with a black frame and I was wearing red shift leathers.

SHELRACING
26th November 2007, 10:02
thanks everybody i was just looking for something to have fun on and was just wondering if i was to get on it and it would only go like 20k and or would brake after a few runs im about 88kgs and also is like what you see adults racing thanks everyone much appreciated.

You are correct on the fact that at 88kg it will only go 20-30km max.
Yes being a chinese bike things will break on it. But being Chinese, parts are cheap.
The Italian Polini pocketbikes are one of the best in the world, but you are paying $3,000-$6000 for a new one. Parts are expensive. Some of them will do 100kmph with 80-90kg on board.

You get what you pay for. These little bikes are great fun to ride and learn to race on, but you need to do maintenance on them, every time you ride them.

I started off with a standard 'Daytona' and when I learnt to ride faster ( and fell off heaps) then progressed to a much faster watercooled bike. I still like to ride a Daytona.
Anyone can go fast in a straight line, but can you pass someone on a corner and go faster around that corner next time. That, is a real challenge!
Granma

daytona 2
26th November 2007, 14:54
i bought a polini 4.2 for $800 at the races it goes about 100km/h with me on it {40kg} pretty fast