PDA

View Full Version : Where'd everyone go?

Macstar
26th November 2007, 16:25
Exams are over, weather is good, what happened to all the SMC riders? Are you guys all working in summer jobs now, or still recovering from exams?

I've been texting everyone for a ride and Hungus Maxiumus is the only one so far who has been keen!

Make yourself known on this thread and PM me your name and number if you want me to text you when I'm going for rides (almost daily).

Squiggles
26th November 2007, 16:41
waiting for nish to send me the email list before i hold a newbie ride ;)

Phurrball
26th November 2007, 17:01
I'm here - going out tonight on the VTR tonight.

My number is 027 696 1461 if anyone's ever bored...

Macstar
26th November 2007, 18:09
All good for a newbie ride, but a more experienced one would be good too!

Who's free Tuesday (tomorrow) for a cruise over to Kaiaua and an optional dip in Miranda Pools?

Chrislost
26th November 2007, 18:42
ill ride any day exept thursday after 530...

Cr1MiNaL
26th November 2007, 18:57
been ridin almost every weekend and some weekdays too :) where u been bro ! no neuby rides ffs.

Patar
26th November 2007, 19:11
if you can get some rides going on sundays i'll pretty much be there all the time.
Just as long as there are some other 250's because it sucks trying to keep up with all the big sports bikes on the straights (i.e wwh rides).

Macstar
26th November 2007, 19:26
I'll text ya tomorrow Chris for Kaiaua.

been ridin almost every weekend and some weekdays too :) where u been bro ! no neuby rides ffs.

Sheez, add me to your list of people to invite man! I think I saw you recently on the WWH Coro loop & the Westgate Thurs night ride. I'm doing heaps of riding on the KTM Motard out West Akl at the mo, building up my cornering skills.

Anyway, Kaiaua tomorrow or do you work?

if you can get some rides going on sundays i'll pretty much be there all the time.
Just as long as there are some other 250's because it sucks trying to keep up with all the big sports bikes on the straights (i.e wwh rides).

Yeah my KTM sits nicely at 100-110 on straights - so no dramas if we go riding together.

Patar
26th November 2007, 19:31
I was out with gijoe's group on sunday and that was a good ride, mainly 2-fiddy's so we were all more or less at the same pace.

If anyone's keen this friday, I may want to take a small loop through whitford and the hunua's if anyone would be keen to come along.

Cr1MiNaL
26th November 2007, 20:03

its not the straights u must worry about keepin up on mate :pinch:

Mac* sorry mate im workin tomoro... soon though...

HungusMaximist
26th November 2007, 20:55
You fellas better beware of Macstars new found cornering ability.

His motard is frikking sticky as and by the way he rides, it looks friggin effortless.

It's a corner heaven bike!

Squiggles
26th November 2007, 22:22

i meant a ride with more of the bike club guys we've only seen once or twice :msn-wink:

bikerboy011
26th November 2007, 22:27
i still got 2 exams left.....

Macstar
26th November 2007, 22:58
You fellas better beware of Macstars new found cornering ability.

His motard is frikking sticky as and by the way he rides, it looks friggin effortless.

It's a corner heaven bike!

Unfortunately I've got the speedo working now which means I'll be able to compare my speed with the LTSA sign-posted speeds for corners.

Without a speedo I'd see a 45kph corner and think hmmm, try this one in 3rd gear...:niceone:

I need to check its accuracy tomorrow though with another biker, probably reads 120kph when i'm doing 90!

bomma
26th November 2007, 23:22
waiting for nish to send me the email list before i hold a newbie ride ;)

ho shit yea ill get onto it asap man

hafnt really had a chance to be on a comp lately.....hafnt even been able to charge my ipod :crybaby:

sounds like the rides have dried up since i been gone!!! WHAT'S GOING ON ?!?!?!?! :crazy:

klyong82
26th November 2007, 23:42
ho shit yea ill get onto it asap man

hafnt really had a chance to be on a comp lately.....hafnt even been able to charge my ipod :crybaby:

sounds like the rides have dried up since i been gone!!! WHAT'S GOING ON ?!?!?!?! :crazy:

The ninja's dried up too bro. I have guest visiting me in Auckland so I am their tour guide for another couple of days....woohooo....anyway you guys have fun..

motorbyclist
26th November 2007, 23:49
well the viffer is still out of action, and today (tuesday) the buyer of my written off fxr is coming around to pick up, so depending on his timing i might manage a ride on the spare "fixxer" if you're just heading down to huia or somewhere reasonably local to me i'd be glad to meet you guys at titirangi or something after lunch

OMG BETTER IDEA

issac, i have the perfect roads for your ktm right in my backyard (and no i don't mean my paddock) if you guys want to meet at my place as soon as i've removed my radiator i can take you guys on a backroad tiki tour of swanson, and then head up to kumeu (the back way) and i can drop off my radiator and maybe have a look at the wrecker if he's open (i need a brake for a dirtbike), and then we can decide from there if to go riverhead or kaipara south head or back the way we came and/or huia

IMMA GENIUS:D

and even more genius! i could use some extra hands/muscle straightening my bike out;)

I'm free ALL week for whoever's keen, so no need to do it tuesday

motorbyclist
27th November 2007, 00:01
The ninja's dried up too bro. I have guest visiting me in Auckland so I am their tour guide for another couple of days....woohooo....anyway you guys have fun..

what's that? you've got a mate learning to ride on bomma's bike and you're taking him all over NZ racking up 1000s of ks and balding his tyres?:clap:

Macstar
27th November 2007, 09:16
I'm free ALL week for whoever's keen, so no need to do it tuesday

You're the only one that seems to be keen so far. I just had the hard word from my supervisor for not handing in the final final copy of my thesis (it needs half a day of changes made). So since it's just you and I so far and you said you'd rather ride on another day, I'm going to do my thesis today instead.

EJK
27th November 2007, 10:43
Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia! Huia!
2PM!!!!!! LETS GO!!!! lol

motorbyclist
27th November 2007, 10:55
lol the guys who's buying my wrecked fxr will be at my place around 3pm, so maybe not today...

though i could use a hand in the shed bending the viffer back into shape:Pokey:

kwjoon1
27th November 2007, 14:44
anyone keen for thrusday?
im free until 5

Timaa
27th November 2007, 15:02
ay ay... someone txt me. 0210397888. will try wake up early enuf. lol

Phurrball
27th November 2007, 15:44
Tomorrow? Wednesday? I can come out to play...pay day, so I can afford to fill the tank.

The Orangey-Red LED of Doom is glaring at the moment, telling me the 48mm carbys are getting towards the end of their meal and demand further feeding...

I was tired and weak yesterday after 10 hours of selling building supplies, so accidentally put in the mrs' number instead of my own - just to reiterate, I'm at 027 696 1461. Let me know the plans...

Cheers, Ross-Phurrball.

timphy2
27th November 2007, 15:58
always keen for rides. txt me on 021 10 66 500.

Timmy

EJK
27th November 2007, 16:46
Coro loop ride THIS Saturday 1st December!
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=61434

Lets ride! We need more 250cc bikes!!!! :yes:

twinkle
27th November 2007, 17:11
:laugh: I'm working mostly... get a job you bastards!
actually i've been cycling in my spare time:bleh:

Folcan
27th November 2007, 17:12
I started work last week and havent got payed yet. hopefully this week sometime then I can go out riding. as atm I have no money

Macstar
27th November 2007, 18:48

I'll pencil that one in thanks.

:laugh: I'm working mostly... get a job you bastards!
actually i've been cycling in my spare time:bleh:

Job?! Got the next 40 years of my life for that... Is there much difference in Hp with your new bicycle?:laugh:

twinkle
27th November 2007, 19:10
Is there much difference in Hp with your new bicycle?:laugh:

I haven't noticed much difference :lol: but man it is way easier to bunnyhop up kerbs with:first:

twinkle
27th November 2007, 19:14

ooo thats tempting EJ

Maha
27th November 2007, 19:18
Did my last exam in 1978....been over now for while.....:rockon:

motorbyclist
27th November 2007, 19:48
anyone keen for thrusday?
im free until 5

busy thursday it turns out

Tomorrow? Wednesday? I can come out to play...pay day, so I can afford to fill the tank.

tomorrow i've got to go to kumeu with the radiator, so that works for me :)

Macstar
27th November 2007, 19:56
What kind of motard do ya call that?!

motorbyclist
27th November 2007, 20:00
lol

i think i'll call it a "re-tard":laugh:

EJK
27th November 2007, 20:09
ooo thats tempting EJ

You know you want to :yes:
It's been a while too brother! Buddy! Homie! lol :cool:

motorbyclist
27th November 2007, 20:11
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=61898

HungusMaximist
27th November 2007, 23:20
Jeepers, where did Kyle, Ehab, Hanne, and Stephen go?

Especially Stephen, when the heck are we gonna see you ride your TL again? ? ? ? ? ? ?

klyong82
28th November 2007, 10:45
I wanna go wellington. I'm not sure why but I feel I need to.....whose with me?

motorbyclist
28th November 2007, 14:42
tempting, but probably too costly....

Macstar
28th November 2007, 14:44
I wanna go wellington. I'm not sure why but I feel I need to.....whose with me?

I could do that Vegas run with you again as a compromise...?

EJK
28th November 2007, 15:13

DO IT!!!

When the hell is it?! I've been waiting! lol

Cr1MiNaL
28th November 2007, 15:15

anyone keen for a small ride now... back 4m work ! had a great day want to celebrate by riding :yes:

motorbyclist
28th November 2007, 15:15
oooh i can do that!

Macstar
28th November 2007, 15:22
anyone keen for a small ride now... back 4m work ! had a great day want to celebrate by riding :yes:

Sorry mate. Had my dash for today.

klyong82
28th November 2007, 15:48
Rotovegas not a problem. I'll be keen. I am sure many guys will be interested in Rotovegas.

Hanne
28th November 2007, 19:47
^^
Yep. Yes, I am! So I said that in the other thread too.
Hmm.
Maybe i should go and do something useful with my life now :P

klyong82
28th November 2007, 20:02
^^
Yep. Yes, I am! So I said that in the other thread too.
Hmm.
Maybe i should go and do something useful with my life now :P

Yeah go make yourself useful Hanne....go bake some cookies for me....:msn-wink:

Hanne
28th November 2007, 20:07
I will make them like saws...

muahahahaha

then I will say the red blood is icing. Icing makes EVERYTHING ok Z:D

klyong82
28th November 2007, 20:13
I will make them like saws...

muahahahaha

then I will say the red blood is icing. Icing makes EVERYTHING ok Z:D

Are you ok Hanne? If you need help I know a doctor that can help you.....she is a nice person and is very effective in her job.

Phurrball
28th November 2007, 20:39
Sorry mate. Had my dash for today.

And a good wee dash it was - mildly distrubed at the speed the rear tyre on the VTR seems to be squelching out the back and disappearing...but I guess you get that with a big twin...

Insanely different bikes out there today - well impressed by your Motard Isaac and much respect for Andrew's thrashing of the poor FXR which kept up amazingly well!

A bit of a line up attached...

Macstar
28th November 2007, 21:44
Dem photos aint too bad, and you can't see the oil dripping from the KTM either!

Cheers mate. Catch you tomorrow for the ATNR.

motorbyclist
28th November 2007, 22:48
go the fixxer! lucky for it i'll only give it one (or maybe two) more thrashings before the viffer is back on the road

and DAMN that VTR has some grunt behind it!:drool:

Phurrball
30th November 2007, 12:09
go the fixxer! lucky for it i'll only give it one (or maybe two) more thrashings before the viffer is back on the road

and DAMN that VTR has some grunt behind it!:drool:

Mmmmmm...grunt....

With fuel and tyre consumption to match if you make it grunt a lot...

May it not rain for my commute home...grunting and rain not so fun.

motorbyclist
5th December 2007, 00:46
What kind of motard do ya call that?!

lol

i think i'll call it a "re-tard":laugh:

bump:second:

skidMark
5th December 2007, 04:18
ill ride any day exept thursday after 530...

is that when u play kitchen bitch?

skidMark
5th December 2007, 04:21
busy thursday it turns out

tomorrow i've got to go to kumeu with the radiator, so that works for me :)

you have way to much spare time.

motorbyclist
5th December 2007, 09:24
you have way to much spare time.

yes i do

believe me i'd rather be working than bumming around trying to avoid spending money...

actually i'd rather be back at uni learning:shutup:

Chrislost
5th December 2007, 18:22
is that when u play kitchen bitch?

nah thats when you think about going on rides

ehab2weelr
6th December 2007, 09:29
Jeepers, where did Kyle, Ehab, Hanne, and Stephen go?

Especially Stephen, when the heck are we gonna see you ride your TL again? ? ? ? ? ? ?

im hear, i just cant find time to go for rides, weather is been like shit now too.... if 2moro is good, would any one be keen to meet up at missions for us to catch up????

i dont wana hear any bitching!!!!!!! :banana:

Macstar
6th December 2007, 10:51
You could organise your own catch up or come to the one that it is already planned (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=57510&page=14)

im hear, i just cant find time to go for rides, weather is been like shit now too.... if 2moro is good, would any one be keen to meet up at missions for us to catch up????

i dont wana hear any bitching!!!!!!! :banana:

motorbyclist
6th December 2007, 15:14
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1329312&postcount=93

:weep:

bomma
7th December 2007, 16:10

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! *dramatic music plays in the background*

Cr1MiNaL
7th December 2007, 17:35
oye is anyone riding tomorrow? looking for another medium paced coro loop? post up ! Cheers

motorbyclist
7th December 2007, 20:15
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=62577

klyong82
7th December 2007, 20:43
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! *dramatic music plays in the background*

I had a good decent ride on it (ya Ninja) last Monday. Your front tyre are like slicks on the side bro....scary when they are cold but after 2 or 3 km's of riding it feels sticky asss..........

bomma
8th December 2007, 15:47
I had a good decent ride on it (ya Ninja) last Monday. Your front tyre are like slicks on the side bro....scary when they are cold but after 2 or 3 km's of riding it feels sticky asss..........

shit yea man theyre shifty azzz in the cold but super once theyre warmed up....i gotta remember what i was runing before coz those tyres rocked!! they were great in the cold and even grippier once thy got warmed up....oh my rego expires on the 10th so ill renew it for ya :niceone:

Cr1MiNaL
8th December 2007, 17:14
shit yea man theyre shifty azzz in the cold but super once theyre warmed up....i gotta remember what i was runing before coz those tyres rocked!! they were great in the cold and even grippier once thy got warmed up....oh my rego expires on the 10th so ill renew it for ya :niceone:

Hows it goin bro? Lucky bastard...:girlfight:

bomma
9th December 2007, 16:47
Hows it goin bro? Lucky bastard...:girlfight:

hey mate i was thnkin bout startin a new thread bout my trip but i hafnt taken any pics and shit yet so yea....its goin FUCKIN great over here in the motherland!! massive meals that are tasty as hell, awesome weather, maids and grandparents that do everything for you and my parents' credit card!!! What more could i ask for?!?!?!?! :bleh:

missing the biking tho:confused:.....seen a coupla R6s, and R1, a busa and a zx14r and just think how much of a waste it is to own one in this country coz ull hit about 40 before you are met with traffic, cows, potholes or a bloody speedbump:oi-grr:.....imported bikes here cost a SHITLOAD and by that i mean easily 4-5 times the price in nz!!! govt's trying to protect the local manufacturers so have imposed heavy taxes.....a busa costs around 1,800,000 Rupees which equates to approx NZ$60,000!!!! :doh:

im jumpin on kb every chance i get so ill try and keep up to date with whats goin on back home.....a real pity to hear about the bins and ewen's little drama specially coz i cant go and see if they're alrite.....

ill start a new thread when i get some pics of my travels!!!

catch ya :niceone:

Cr1MiNaL
9th December 2007, 17:11
hey mate i was thnkin bout startin a new thread bout my trip but i hafnt taken any pics and shit yet so yea....its goin FUCKIN great over here in the motherland!! massive meals that are tasty as hell, awesome weather, maids and grandparents that do everything for you and my parents' credit card!!! What more could i ask for?!?!?!?! :bleh:

missing the biking tho:confused:.....seen a coupla R6s, and R1, a busa and a zx14r and just think how much of a waste it is to own one in this country coz ull hit about 40 before you are met with traffic, cows, potholes or a bloody speedbump:oi-grr:.....imported bikes here cost a SHITLOAD and by that i mean easily 4-5 times the price in nz!!! govt's trying to protect the local manufacturers so have imposed heavy taxes.....a busa costs around 1,800,000 Rupees which equates to approx NZ$60,000!!!! :doh:

im jumpin on kb every chance i get so ill try and keep up to date with whats goin on back home.....a real pity to hear about the bins and ewen's little drama specially coz i cant go and see if they're alrite.....

ill start a new thread when i get some pics of my travels!!!

catch ya :niceone:

hey Nish,
wud lov to hear about whats goin on ova there... been a bloody long time I been to Mumbai myself.... kinda stinks I didnt go this year... but all good... will plan a trip soon ! waitin to hear 4m ya soon ! n yea pics of those bikes wud b good ! maybe one passin a cow on the rear wheel ??????:sleep: