PDA

View Full Version : Ride: Thursday 29 Sep (6pm)

Macstar
28th November 2007, 15:02
If the weather holds out, I'll be cruising out on the ATNR (Auckland Thursday Night Ride). It leaves from the Shell Station at Westgate at 7pm.

Let me know if you're keen and we can ride out from the UOA Gym.

My two cents on the ride (for the benefit of first timers):

There's often a 2 or 3 250ccs on this ride and last week we had about 30 riders in total. There can be a bit of testosterone up front, but the tail end of the ride is always well controlled.

Route varies but generally heads north with a half way stop after an hour. Then usually another hour of riding ending at some pub in Albany.

Macstar
28th November 2007, 21:49
Oh bugger! I've gone and put September instead of November in the thread title. It is this month, tomorrow in fact.

erix
29th November 2007, 09:57
I will be keen company you to the ride.

But

I hate doing lane splitting on the highway to get there in time :sweatdrop(I don't feel comfortable doing that, I think I have some problems with trusting some cagers keep their cage going straight line)

And I hate that my gf off work at 6pm and I have to pick her up with a Cage(Yeah, still on "No pillow" license)

UberRhys
29th November 2007, 10:15
And I hate that my gf off work at 6pm and I have to pick her up with a Cage(Yeah, still on "No pillow" license)

Hope those glowing yellow L plates are on display... :msn-wink:

erix
29th November 2007, 11:44
Hope those glowing yellow L plates are on display... :msn-wink:

Yeah it is glowing under my tail light.....:2thumbsup

And I still haven't figure out why some people feel so ashamed about having it displayed...:blink:

Btw, I think 6R is also "no-pillow" license,so it doesn't mean
"no-pillow" license = L plates :cool:

carbacca
29th November 2007, 11:52
i displayed mine for every ride in entire duration of 6-and-a-bit months