PDA

View Full Version : Ride: Vegas Baby! 7th or 8th of Dec

Macstar
28th November 2007, 19:41
ROTOVEGAS ROUND II. The last trip was a roaring success and good times shared by all. I know quie a few people missed out due to exams and assignments, so this one is for you!

As with last time, the route will be strictly coastal from Auckland out to Clevedon, Kaiaua, Miranda, Whangamata, Waihi, Tauranga, Whakatane and then over to Rotovegas. The route home is flexible.

I think the mileage last time was about 400-500km down there and a bit less coming home. For accommodation we stayed in log cabins which were about $15-20 pp/pn. The accommodation also had its own hot pools which was great!

I personally, do not see the need for this ride to involve more than one night away i.e. two days of riding, and am going to suggest we leave on Friday and come back on Saturday. However, if a Friday departure does not suit people we can cruise down on the Sat and come back Sun.

IF YOU ARE KEEN YOU NEED TO DO TWO THINGS:

1. CONFIRM WHICH DEPARTURE DAY SUITS YOU BEST (Friday 7th or Saturday 8th)
2. PAY ME A NON-REFUNDABLE ACCOMMODATION FEE OF $20 CASH

Hanne
28th November 2007, 19:43
I wants to come!!!!!

Friday to Saturday is best.
Edit: as in go on fri, comeback sat

Macstar
28th November 2007, 19:44
Here's a link to the photos from the last Vegas ride:

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=56550&page=20

Hanne
28th November 2007, 19:45
haha the bit I heard about was the steamy windows in the boys' cabin??

(They were adamant it was only becuase the weather was REALLY F**CKING COLD outside... ^^)

klyong82
28th November 2007, 20:17

(They were adamant it was only becuase the weather was REALLY F**CKING COLD outside... ^^)

:gob: who say that was the boys cabin? I have many photos to prove it otherwise....that is also the first time I have heard you type the F word Hanne...you are growing.....like your sister......woohooooo

edit: i'll be keen on the ride if it was on saturday departure as I have to work....

HungusMaximist
29th November 2007, 07:04
Could be very interested but I am probably working every sat and sun from next week onwards. d

Taine
29th November 2007, 07:18
could be keen for this a Sat morning start would be great but hopefully not a direct route down?
Could you let me know more?

Cheers Taine

Macstar
29th November 2007, 07:53
could be keen for this a Sat morning start would be great but hopefully not a direct route down?
Could you let me know more?

Cheers Taine

Mate, 2nd or 3rd paragraph - opening post.

MidnightMike
29th November 2007, 08:14
ROTOVEGAS ROUND II.

As with last time, the route will be strictly coastal from Auckland out to Clevedon, Kaiaua, Miranda, Whangamata, Waihi, Tauranga, Whakatane and then over to Rotovegas. The route home is flexible.

I'd be keen to ride with you guys from Tauranga to Rotorua. :rockon:

Taine
29th November 2007, 09:32
sweet all the roads I know and enjoy.....
count me in.

motorbyclist
29th November 2007, 10:49
why the 8th?!

i'm going to have to do some serious reorganisation to make it to this one, we'll have to leave friday and i'll need to find some money too

you think 7 days warning is a bit harsh?

klyong82
29th November 2007, 11:32
Then the week after next (15 December) which would be more suitable for me too. What say you Macstar?

EJK
29th November 2007, 12:07

Yep! that time suits me too

Macstar
29th November 2007, 13:19
Hmmm...

The late notice (9 days) was because EJ reminded me of my earlier promise to take this trip again and after checking my diary that was the only free weekend for me in 2007.

If the majority of people are free the weekend of the 15th go for it and we'll have to get Kim to lead the ride as he knows the score now.

I'm democratic - leave it to you guys to vote on!

Hanne
29th November 2007, 15:23
uh oh...

My sister's farewell dinner is on the 7th.

><

klyong82
29th November 2007, 15:42
Hmmm...

The late notice (9 days) was because EJ reminded me of my earlier promise to take this trip again and after checking my diary that was the only free weekend for me in 2007.

If the majority of people are free the weekend of the 15th go for it and we'll have to get Kim to lead the ride as he knows the score now.

I'm democratic - leave it to you guys to vote on!

Darn me leading? I dont think anyone trust me... so who is interested? By the looks of it there are about 5 people in for the ride. Wonder will Squiggles tag along...:blink:

uh oh...

My sister's farewell dinner is on the 7th.

><

Oh no little Hanne is going so sooon....:weep:

EJK
29th November 2007, 21:35
No matter what happens I'm in muhahahaha! :D

motorbyclist
2nd December 2007, 00:46
OK two orders of good news,

i can do either weekend given notice

the vfr is now straight, well straight enough, so i can ride it once i've got my radiator back :D

bomma
2nd December 2007, 20:20
count me in!! i had a great time last time round so im sure itll be just as fun the second time round.....specially if the weather holds out!!!

just one request....can we change the departure date to the 20th or whatever of jan???

definately keen on this one :niceone:

motorbyclist
2nd December 2007, 22:15
just one request....can we change the departure date to the 20th or whatever of jan???

yeah that would be a good idea, i thought i had enough money to got this weekend, but just remembered i've got that $200 speeding ticket to pay, and foo fighter tickets go on sale friday... wonder if i can swap my speeding ticket for a concert ticket? actually, considering the value of the ticket i should be able to get two foo fighter tickets:banana:

klyong82
3rd December 2007, 08:34
Not much response to Rotovegas.... we could still do it this week....just need the numbers.....

bomma
7th December 2007, 16:11
FOOOO FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see em again!!!! :2thumbsup

motorbyclist
7th December 2007, 20:15
FOOOO FIGHTERS!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to see em again!!!! :2thumbsup

they sold out in 7 minutes!

and the second concert has only got allocated seating left, if that

bomma
8th December 2007, 16:13
^ bro the last time they were here, me n my mate thought there would be a massive rush so we rocked up at real groovy at round 5am on a weekday before uni.....we get there expecting to be like 100th and 101st in line and found NOBODY!!! we were stoked coz we would be first in the "line" right?? well turns out like 4 other people showed up between the time we got there and the time real groovy opened and we got our tickets.....but the concert was packed and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! GO THE FOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Macstar
11th December 2007, 16:57
Bloody typical uni students eh? Can't organise a piss up in a brewery! (jokes). It looks like my class trip up north has been cancelled this weekend so if the other half agrees I'm going to go and do this ride or something similar to my holiday home in the Coromandel instead.

Again, if you think you can escape this weekend express your interest here and I'll PM you some details when they become available.

twinkle
11th December 2007, 17:11
heh if i cancelled my plane tickets i could make it :shifty:

motorbyclist
11th December 2007, 20:25
Bloody typical uni students eh? Can't organise a piss up in a brewery! (jokes). It looks like my class trip up north has been cancelled this weekend so if the other half agrees I'm going to go and do this ride or something similar to my holiday home in the Coromandel instead.

Again, if you think you can escape this weekend express your interest here and I'll PM you some details when they become available.

i've got an invite to help drider with his bike, a trip on a boat and camping on an island, go to the coromandel, and i'm to poor to do any of them:crybaby:

that tree is gonna get it this weekend

HungusMaximist
11th December 2007, 22:11
they sold out in 7 minutes!

and the second concert has only got allocated seating left, if that

Ah feck, did you manage to score the tickets?

Shit... I didn't know they were gonna be this popular. I was actually gonna buy a few and then sell them on Trade Me but didn't have the chance by the looks of it.

It's looking like I am gonna have to make it to the second show.

motorbyclist
12th December 2007, 00:01
too poor to buy tickets, though it would've been a worthy investment

Squiggles
12th December 2007, 14:55
It's called SJS, last year i was pulling in 600 a week cash for 5 day 9-5 $15-20/hr random work, theres plenty of it.

motorbyclist
12th December 2007, 16:14
sjs?

what's that?

Squiggles
12th December 2007, 19:46
im seriously hoping you're kidding.... above the quad, signs everywhere, www.sjs.co.nz aka "Student Job Search"

If you're not kidding then omg.

klyong82
12th December 2007, 20:58
:lol::lol::lol: which student have not heard of SJS? I got a job washing motorbikes a long time ago thru SJS

motorbyclist
12th December 2007, 22:30
lol i never heard it abbreviated

seeing as i've had work all year til now i've never paid any notice

and starting sunday i'll be stealing your scooter shifts too:bleh: