PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Crank Case for a 250 Suzuki Bandit

Batmonster
29th November 2007, 17:42
I came off my bike a month ago, and have finally managed to convince my insurance company to give it back to me. However when the bike dropped it landed on a lump of metal that knocked a hole in the crank case:crybaby:. My mechanic promised me a brand spanking new one weeks ago but he's let me down.

1) So do any KBers have an old Suzuki bandit 250 that is dead or dying and could spare a crank case?

2)Anyone swapped crank cases before and know of anyinthing in particular to watch out for?

any help is appreciated.
Batmonster

blue eyed savage
29th November 2007, 20:23
no i dont sorry, good luck.
i get my 250 bandit tomrow can u tell me how far it goes on a take of gas and any other teck info u have. i just spent an hour looking on the net and cant find shit.

hope it all works out for you.

Number 5
1st December 2007, 08:11
Is it the crankcase or one of the side cases, if its just a side case I have some alloy brazing rods that may repair it.

Batmonster
11th December 2007, 10:13
sounds tricky. I'll e-mail you some photo's tomorrow and see what you think. I don't know if it'd work my self.

Drew

Batmonster
23rd January 2008, 01:02
Awesome, i'm back on the road. Got a mate to weld the hole with a brand new aluminium welder. He did a pretty good job but oil is still leaking through the weld a little. Fortunately there is a brand spanking new case from Japan at the mechanices and i just need to pick it up.

Hope it fits!
Batmonster