PDA

View Full Version : Ewen in hospital

Macstar
3rd December 2007, 12:01
Hey guys, I just got back from visiting Ewen (Hungusmaximus) at Akl Hos. He's on the mend after a non-motorcycle related incident. I won't go into any more details than that on a public forum though if you'd like to give him a text or even go and visit him you can PM me for his number (if you don't already have it).

Just to reiterate: He's OK and not critical. Visiting hours are strict and are from 1pm-8pm.

P.S. He's already got more than enough motorcycle magazines and books to read.

Finn
3rd December 2007, 12:07
Did the gerbil make it out alive?

klyong82
3rd December 2007, 13:04
Damn....I wonder what happened.....poor guy...

EJK
3rd December 2007, 21:54
Hmm.... I wonder what happened....

Squiggles
3rd December 2007, 22:28
I shall go see him tomorrow afternoon :yes:

EJK
3rd December 2007, 22:29
Same, I might come with you :)

ehab2weelr
4th December 2007, 08:44
any one going to c him 2day??? txt me pleas!!!!

Finn
4th December 2007, 08:47
If no one claims the gerbal, let me know. I've got a lovely home for him.

klyong82
4th December 2007, 11:03
Talked to Ewen an hour ago he is doing good and it is highly probable he will check out today from the hospital. He is been well looked after :baby: so dont you all worry nothing life threatening .....yet.

Phurrball
4th December 2007, 13:56
Damn - I hate hospital, having spent too much time there in the last few years...

Heal up well Ewen!

Scouse
4th December 2007, 14:01
So what was the accident? did he accidentaly contract AIDS?

Finn
4th December 2007, 14:11
Damn - I hate hospital, having spent too much time there in the last few years...

I always thought you made an excellent orderly. Typical lefty though - don't want to work.

Squiggles
4th December 2007, 14:48
$2 on it being a pushbike thing :pinch:

HungusMaximist
4th December 2007, 17:57
Hey ah just a quick thanks to all who have posted for my well being and many thanks to Kim, Hanne, Stephen and Issac for taking the effort by ringing me up and sending me your best wishes. Extra thanks for Issac for personally dropping in and don't worry for the rest of you who have missed out you still can send me chocolates/get well balloons/fruit baskets...

Gee this almost makes me wanna shed some tears... *sheds one single tear* haha :blink:

And Hanne, sorry If I sounded a little flat when you rang up, but I let you know that I was sure excited when you rang up, just a little short on the breath, especially talking to such a hottie. *pokesfun* :wari:

As for my mystery stay at the AKL hospo it all happened last Wednesday evening where I was happily finishing up sanding and painting for my parents' flat. All I knew I was walking into the bathroom (where I was painting) to check up on my finished job and then coming out with a massive chest pain on my right . My thoughts were I must've breathed in some paint/sand particle but then again I was wearing a respirator the whole time and the job was pretty much done when I walked in.

Cut this short, slept on it and the next day went my GP, he listened to my lungs and had a suspicion that the pain was to due my left lung having collapsed. Took an X-RAY and his suspicions were proved right and straight to emergency at AKL hospital.

Pretty much after that the docs at the hospo said I had a classic case of Spontaneous Pneumothorax because I was tall, young, skinny and male, the risks were higher (where there's a small rupture within the surface of the lungs). They couldn't figure out what triggered it hence it was spontaneous..

So what they did next was decide to give me some Morphine (and whatever other crap that made me have nausea and puke) and start on a small procedure where they insert a plastic tube inside the surface membrane of the lung to drain out all the air ('Chest Drain'). When the chest drain bucket stops bubbling it means it has healed up enough for me to go home.

Boring stuff really, but it worked and BANG, 5 days later, here I am. Discharged a few hours ago and a bit dazed at myself for spending the last 5 days indoors and everything seems so frikking fast!

Since being in there I guess I can say I've grown a bit, learned to be a bit more patient about things in general and made some serious reflection on whats important in my life.

Some things I have noticed are:

Hospital food can be really tasty especially if you're hungry and that's all you have to eat, how underrated Nurses/Docs are and they continue to do their job damm well without too much complains and most of all I have a BIGGER sense of gratitude that I received this free health service, thanks NEW ZEALAND. Though, being stuck in hospital still SUCKS big time. :2thumbsup

Yea I still love my motorcycle but it isn't really a pressing priority at the moment and I heard about those involved during the weekend motorcycle accident, pretty shocking yea, things for me aren't so bad afterall.... :clap:

EJK
4th December 2007, 18:04
ah gosh!!!!!!!!! sounds painful!!!!!!! awwww

good that you still can type! lol

klyong82
4th December 2007, 18:09
...because I was tall, young, skinny and male, ......and single and extermely good-looking!

Since being in there I guess I can say I've grown a bit, learned to be a bit more patient about things in general and made some serious reflection on whats important in my life.

Good one Ewen ...I see you are advertising yourself again for a nice blonde partner in life.:lol:

Well I am sure we are glad you are ok and heal up so we can go do somemore biking.

EJK
4th December 2007, 18:11
Good one Ewen ...I see you are advertising yourself again for a nice blonde partner in life.:lol:

Well I am sure we are glad you are ok and heal up so we can go do somemore biking.

Aahahaha!!! how come I did not see that?! lmao

Well Ewans is ok now lol :2thumbsup

motorbyclist
4th December 2007, 20:14
good to hear you're ok man

Macstar
5th December 2007, 07:01
Wonder if you can get an exemption from being breathalised by the cops now?!

UberRhys
5th December 2007, 07:08
the docs at the hospo said I had a classic case of Spontaneous Pneumothorax

The old Spontaneous Pneumothorax ehhh? Glad to hear your on the mend though. I guess things could be worse - could have been a classic case of Spontaneous Combustion... :sweatdrop

Phurrball
6th December 2007, 17:21
Great to hear you're mostly mended Ewen! Dangerous stuff that home renovation...

I always thought you made an excellent orderly. Typical lefty though - don't want to work.

Ahh Finn me old chum, flattered you single me as a worthy recipient for your superlative witticisms. I'd be happy to swap you my cancerous thyroid, lymph nodes, the odd bit of fatty and connective tissue and even a bit of hyoid bone and the base of my tongue if you'd like :) Might have to rummage through the medical waste though...Mmmm, might make good sausages. I'm sure that you paid tens of thousands for my theatre time via tax Finn, thanks mate ::hug::

FYI: Working plenty at the moment in the building supply industry, paying lots of tax, and even a bit of student loan and kiwisaver...7am starts even. What a lazy lefty am I...

What are you doing here anyway? I thought you hated all students - yet here you are hanging out in a University based sub-forum. Shouldn't you have left the country by now or something??

Finn
7th December 2007, 08:51
Well that killed the thread.

ehab2weelr
7th December 2007, 10:05
gud to c u post again.....hahah

bomma
7th December 2007, 15:58
glad to hear you're ok dude!!!! that sounds quite freaky man......like some real rambo shit!! "quick get a straw and a knife!! im gonna de-pressurise his lungs"