PDA

View Full Version : Ride this weekend (8/9th december)

ital916
5th December 2007, 15:38
hey guys and gals, anyone keen for a cruise this weekend weather permitting! If we can get a big group together that would be cool if not i'm happy as long as i'm riding. A newbie friendly ride aka no moto gp style riding unless your up front and leading the way lol Turns out my rear tyre was f****d on my bike....covered in silicon *don't even know how it got there*. Gave it a little sand but getting a replacement tomorrow so now i can learn to corner properly! Anway plenty of warning given, if anyone is keen let me know.

Ride safe

D

carbacca
5th December 2007, 15:45
yeah i'll be in for a hoon somewhere

ital916
5th December 2007, 16:38
cool beans! Thats one in :D anyone keen to suggest a route?

motorbyclist
5th December 2007, 23:31
what's your plans for friday?

Ragingrob
6th December 2007, 08:12
I'm keen as for a newbie ride this weekend :bash:, just tell me where and when!!

trump-lady
6th December 2007, 08:34
Im heading to whangerei for the toy run sat if anyone wants to come. Toy runs at 12 so we will have heaps of time to get up there do the ride and cruise home. Hmmm maybe I should start a thread............

Ragingrob
6th December 2007, 09:37
Hmmm how long do you think the entire ride would take? I'm probably looking more for just a 1 or 2 hour ride :)

ehab2weelr
6th December 2007, 09:37
i down, but i got work till 3ish both days.... so what time, and meeting place??

for friday read my post in "wead every one go" thread.
catch up day at missions.

Ragingrob
6th December 2007, 10:15
A ride on Sunday around 3 sounds good!

erix
6th December 2007, 10:41
I will keen for a ride as well, but lets just hope the weather will be nice at weekend...

i down, but i got work till 3ish both days.... so what time, and meeting place??

for friday read my post in "wead every one go" thread.
catch up day at missions.

work? you mean riding the silver commercial scooters around town? Damn, I was so envy when I saw you guys in the city few times. Any more acancy?:msn-wink:

Hanne
6th December 2007, 11:26
Well, I want to go for a ride this weekend...
Whangarei? Fish and Chips?
Don't mind, just ANYWHERE!
Missed the toy run here though mind, so that might be a good one....

PS Drider was that you I saw at 7.30 this morning gettign drenched at the lights?

carbacca
6th December 2007, 11:51
hanne i saw you coming down st andrews rd in the morning, in the rain twice this week already too

klyong82
6th December 2007, 15:45
Hanne I saw you riding on Orakei Road.....last week off to Kepa Road.....I wonder what were you doing....meeting someone?? :shutup::dodge:

Macstar
6th December 2007, 16:38
Hanne I saw you riding on Orakei Road.....last week off to Kepa Road.....I wonder what were you doing....meeting someone?? :shutup::dodge:

The paparazzi are in full swing. Shame on you - we don't want another Lady Dianne now do we?!

klyong82
6th December 2007, 16:53
The paparazzi are in full swing. Shame on you - we don't want another Lady Dianne now do we?!

Haha I was employed by Stevo but I think my cover is now blown :crazy: Do you want paparazzi photos of Mei lol?

Macstar
6th December 2007, 16:56
Haha I was employed by Stevo but I think my cover is now blown :crazy: Do you want paparazzi photos of Mei lol?

Good one:laugh: If I were paying for sneaky dirty pictures I'd want them of some trashy celeb getting out of a limo with no undies!

Macstar
6th December 2007, 17:03
A sat ride would be good as I've spent all week (and my money) working on the KTM and am already going on a longer ride on Sun on the Suzuski. Plus my Wed and Thurs rides were cancelled:no:

So yeah, Saturday for 2-3 hours?

ital916
6th December 2007, 17:11
Hey all, just got back in. Jeez what a day to learn wet weather riding i've been going back and forth all day getting drenched. Haha yeah hanne that twas me, i saw a dash of purple and thought it was you but didn't have time to wave :D. Anyday is good for me, 2-3 hours sounds sweet if weather is good! Everyone meet at the auck uni gym, seems like a middle ground for everyone. Riders of all capabilities welcome *I suck the most lol so that way i can have fun too :niceone:*. Whats a good route?? On a random note new tires are farking slippery, even though i knew this was still a bit scary riding around in the wet on one.

ital916
6th December 2007, 17:13
meet at three thirty, sun stays up pretty late so yeah should be able to get some nice cruisin done. Oh again on another tire note, anyone have tips on running in a new tyre? I learnt from ehab that moto gp style riding = crash on new tyres :p

Macstar
6th December 2007, 17:14
You can scrub in those new tyres by hand which may not be a stupid idea if you have to keep riding in weather like today - it doesn't lose you any tread, just takes off the silicone shit.

Early morning Sat? I knows many a good places nearby for 2-3 hours of riding:yes:

ital916
6th December 2007, 17:20
Early morning sat suits me and then in the arvo sat suits me too. Depends on what everyone is doing, i'm open to riding whenever. Cough i don't have any carbon/sand paper embarrassing i know but all my tools are buried under boxes.

Macstar
6th December 2007, 17:28
Sweet, well pencil in early sat. Are you comming tomorrow avo to mine?

Tyres: No sand paper? Do some burnouts:headbang:

Ragingrob
6th December 2007, 17:29
Keen on Sunday at all? I think I'm a bit caught up on Sat :(

ital916
6th December 2007, 17:32
wow logistics hurt my head :bash:. Yeah i'll pencil in saturday/sunday morning/arvo lol. Come on all, waking up fresh, the crisp air in the morning then riding around what could be better. As long as we don't go too fast i'm still nervous around corners after my bins. *sigh*.

Ragingrob
6th December 2007, 17:35
Sounds good to me, nice fresh morning ride or warm sunny ride in the arvo weather permitting! One main thing though... where?!

ital916
6th December 2007, 17:37
hmmm let me have a think n ill see if i can work out a route. The route with motorb was good but i can't remember where the hell we went lol Was windy tho and scared the hell out of me. Macstar has a knowledge of good routes.

Ragingrob
6th December 2007, 17:39
Stephen suggested a trip to Kaiaua, through the Hunua ranges etc I guess, had a look at the route and looks pretty mint, not sure how long or forgiving though?

Ragingrob
6th December 2007, 18:01
Hmmm supposedly rain through to Monday, that doesn't help!

klyong82
6th December 2007, 18:02
A sat ride would be good as I've spent all week (and my money) working on the KTM and am already going on a longer ride on Sun on the Suzuski.

So yeah, Saturday for 2-3 hours?

What ride is on this sunday? Wild West Honda?

Hey all, just got back in. Jeez what a day to learn wet weather riding i've been going back and forth all day getting drenched. Haha yeah hanne that twas me, i saw a dash of purple and thought it was you but didn't have time to wave :D. Anyday is good for me, 2-3 hours sounds sweet if weather is good! Everyone meet at the auck uni gym, seems like a middle ground for everyone. Riders of all capabilities welcome *I suck the most lol so that way i can have fun too :niceone:*. Whats a good route?? On a random note new tires are farking slippery, even though i knew this was still a bit scary riding around in the wet on one.

I passed you on the toy run ride I was riding a repsol honda cbr1000rr....you were concentrating on road so much that I think you did not even see me. haahaa.

May be keen on a short saturday ride though the weather looks shit...gotta take the Ninja for a run too.

enigma51
6th December 2007, 18:03
Can i come im slow as

EJK
6th December 2007, 19:13
Have fun guys lol

Macstar
6th December 2007, 19:17
Have fun guys lol

you can borrow my sister's moped

motorbyclist
6th December 2007, 22:19
You can scrub in those new tyres by hand which may not be a stupid idea if you have to keep riding in weather like today - it doesn't lose you any tread, just takes off the silicone shit.

tyres will still weep oil for a hundred k's or so or gentle commuting.... or atleast that's what the shops tell me

hmmm let me have a think n ill see if i can work out a route. The route with motorb was good but i can't remember where the hell we went lol Was windy tho and scared the hell out of me.

was it the wind that scared ya or that dodgy unmarked corner?:bleh:

i think it'll be pretty windy/wet this weekend, but atleast you'll know about the corner this time:laugh:

Stephen suggested a trip to Kaiaua, through the Hunua ranges etc I guess, had a look at the route and looks pretty mint, not sure how long or forgiving though?

pretty long but on awesome roads....

and sorry guys i can't make it to any rides this weekend, got a tree to cut down by day and a bike to straighten by night

(this tree so far has yielded 6 cubic metres of wood and i'm not even half way, and splitting it all will take a week!)

carbacca
7th December 2007, 07:12
kaiaua loop would only realyl take 2-3 hours, depends on how long it takes to scoff down fish and chips

ehab2weelr
7th December 2007, 10:25
you mean riding the silver commercial scooters around town? Damn, I was so envy when I saw you guys in the city few times. Any more acancy?:msn-wink:

yea thats what i do.....hahahah....yea i think there looking for more not too sure, but u gata be HOT and have at least a "double B"!!!!! hahahah

meet at three thirty, sun stays up pretty late so yeah should be able to get some nice cruisin done. Oh again on another tire note, anyone have tips on running in a new tyre? I learnt from ehab that moto gp style riding = crash on new tyres :p

3.30 i can make....early morning i could make if were back before 10......

ps meet at missions bay 2day before going to drinks or wea evea u wana go..... noonish round 2 or somthin.....

ital916
7th December 2007, 13:44
hey, my mums got me fixing her comp today so can't come tonight grr but ill be down for a ride tomorrow so ill just check this thread tomorrow and see whats happening. :D The rear is still a little slick but my confidence in corners is growing, i swear i even got a little teeny weenie lean on today which is good for me :p.

klyong82
7th December 2007, 14:10
hey, my mums got me fixing her comp today so can't come tonight grr but ill be down for a ride tomorrow so ill just check this thread tomorrow and see whats happening. :D The rear is still a little slick but my confidence in corners is growing, i swear i even got a little teeny weenie lean on today which is good for me :p.

If you need to get ride of that slippery layer I am sure we can help you to get rid of it.....I am sure Chris can make it happen in 5 minutes haha

motorbyclist
7th December 2007, 20:11
yeah, along with that pesky coating of paint on the fairings too:bleh: