PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a 6.5 inch tyre replace/repair?

motorbyclist
17th December 2007, 22:38
brother got a flat tyre on his pocket rocket and the local bike shop couldn't help him - looking for a place that can repair/replace it, i know they're around but don't know where

i'll post up the proper size tomorrow when i know it, but it's a 6.5 inch slick from the front of his little pocket rocket

cheers

Kwaka14
17th December 2007, 22:42
not many places will replace a tyre that small as theyre an absolute prick to mount or take off the rim without dooing damage, most tyre machines will handle the size at the smallest setting, try rowes tyres in avondale as they do most of the go kart guys tyres and theyre not far off that.

motorbyclist
18th December 2007, 00:10
is thant on/near rosebank road? i met a guy a few months ago who told me about a place that did small tyres them but never got a card or anything...

Gadgit
18th December 2007, 06:25
If it's a chineese tyre I wouldn't bother getting it repaired as they are only a $25 tyre... Common problem is the valve or valve stem leaking tho so I would have them checked first. Cant help with fitting tho cause I dont live in Auckland but I do fit them myself with a vice, loads of soapy water and a tyre leaver.

Kwaka14
18th December 2007, 06:54
is thant on/near rosebank road? i met a guy a few months ago who told me about a place that did small tyres them but never got a card or anything...

They're on Rosebank road

owner
18th December 2007, 08:57
Big vice ,tyre levers, just like your old bmx
I got a puncture repaired with new tube at Woottons, Henderson, for 25$
after watching, I think Ill do the next one myself

motorbyclist
18th December 2007, 20:13
ok cheers guys