PDA

View Full Version : Pocket bike sudden loss of power....

Superiornz
28th December 2007, 15:49
Hey guys, i was riding my cheap pocket bike from trademe and added a pod filter on it.... rode it for couple hours, notice a good power gain, took it to the park and started riding and about 5 minutes later it sudenly started losing power.... til it almost went down to walking speed.... anyone know what it could be? i checkd,... tightness of chain, checked if the brakes were touching..... lubricated chain.... but still no result.. could it be the clutch wearing out?

vifferman
28th December 2007, 16:05
You've borkt it.

Spyke
29th December 2007, 13:43
check the damn rear axle bearings they suck, i just replaced mine a few days ago.

dirtybomb
2nd January 2008, 20:03
Its usualy the needle in the carb coming loose out of the top, where the throttle link attaches.

What fuel/oil ratio did you use?

Aeon2
4th January 2008, 21:23
As i said in another thread, The loss of power usually is crap getting in the carb. Give it a good cleanout with some cleaner, also change the shit stock spark plug for a NGK BM7A you should be good to go.

zooter
7th January 2008, 04:28
If the hi flow filter was enough to give you a significant power boost it is probable that you leaned it out to the point you have "borked" it.

Aeon2
12th January 2008, 17:56
Air filters dont really give the bikes the boost. Its the V stack improving the flow

motorbyclist
4th February 2008, 17:06
it's not the wheel bearing

you've improved the airflow to get a power boost

getting extra air, also known as running lean, makes for a very hot engine

two strokes run well like this till they seize

you've most probably "borked" it

next time get it re-jetted/tuned

then again, my cheap pocket rocket from trademe did the exact same thing as your did without any modifications. decided to run 50:1 like the manual said to (was running 40:1) and cleaned the sparkplug. problem solved till the next breakdown.

but being cheap chinese crap, expect problems. i reckon my bike has spent more time with me fixing it than riding it

newmanz
22nd March 2008, 21:11
Cheap engines have poor gaskets and you can loose compression. Most common problem is a poor carburetor on the cheap bikes. Make sure the bolts around your engine are tight (not so tight that you strip the threads) Bikes start dying because either not enough fuel, not enough spark(Coil could be dying on you) or engine compression leak, or you have damaged the piston and rings..eg not run your engine in correctly and seized it...... Replace the whole engine with a good one, around $165.00 problems solved...

motorbyclist
23rd March 2008, 13:04
says the guy who sells them...

YellowDog
23rd March 2008, 13:25
This sounds a ssimple as being a diaphram issue, though I would concur with the poor quality gaskets on a cheapy model.

homer
23rd March 2008, 16:47
have you replaced the batts in the remote ....oh wait your talking an actuall bike ,
fucked if i know then