PDA

View Full Version : Up date on Hampton Downs race track

Firefight
9th November 2004, 08:51
Front page ""Franklin County News""

Two mens deam of creating NZs premier motosport complex at Hampton Downs took a step closer to reality last week.

Tont Roberts & Chris Watson of AK announced that all 80 apartments to be built alongside the proposed Hampton Downs Motosport park have been sold.

Managing Director of Hampton Downs Motosport Ltd, Mr Roberts says: "This is a huge vote of confidence and approval for this whole project, as without the funding these apartments will generate, it would have been difficult to begin construction of the complex".

He also said that most of the business park units proposed for the complex have also been spoken for.

This development has paved the way for the Co to concentrate on the resorce consent process.

Mr Roberts is busy speaking with neighbours of the site, which is located near the dragway at Meremere in the NORTH WAIKATO.

" We can now concentrate on obtaining resorce consent, and then begin the exciting task of building the sealed track and the whole complex", says Mr Roberts.

It will comprise an undulating sealed 3.8km race track, which is designed also to operate as two smaller tracks. It will be built to international standards and providing resorce consent is granted- should be open in late 2006...

F/F

Cajun
9th November 2004, 09:37
shit hot :2thumbsup

Marmoot
9th November 2004, 12:01
are they going to include SH22 to be a "road-circuit" in their dream complex too?
:lol:
I'd be happy to contribute a little $$$ on that one....

imagine that.......90kms of blacktop rolling over the hills, even if one-way only.
Like Nurburgring........Nordschleiffe.................. .............................
I'd gladly pay $15 per run.

vifferman
9th November 2004, 12:53
It will comprise an undulating sealed 3.8km race track"Undulating".
Sounds a mite ominous...

FROSTY
9th November 2004, 13:21
Ominous be farked--we are the only bloody country that builds our tracks on flat ground. woohhooo for some elevation changes.---

vifferman
9th November 2004, 13:27
Ominous be farked--we are the only bloody country that builds our tracks on flat ground. woohhooo for some elevation changes.---I was thinking of how 'undulating' some of the roads built on swampy ground around that area can be... :eek:

Firefight
9th November 2004, 16:26
I'm movin to F/F's house once that track is built... Dave.... start building me a room.

Tis a humble little cottage Glen, but I think we can find a room for you....

F/F :wacko:

Kickaha
9th November 2004, 17:49
Ominous be farked--we are the only bloody country that builds our tracks on flat ground. woohhooo for some elevation changes.---

When you build a track you are only allowed to use natural terrain,if you want hills and shit in it you have to build on existing hills you cant make your own otherwise Ruapuna would have some in it.

Saw an Otago paper the other day there is a 3km track being proposed for the Cromwell area.

marty
9th November 2004, 20:07
flew over this area yesterday. there is HEAPS of work going on, what with the prison and the dump going in. geeze it's gonna be a prime real estate area with a racetrack as well! (admittidley though meremere is already there). next time i fly over i'll take some pix.

and aren't MOST of the moto gp/F1/superbike etc tracks a little on the flat side? oulton park - now there's a cool track. or bathurst. or the new track at taupo.

Drunken Monkey
21st February 2005, 22:07
They have a website: http://www.hamptondowns.com/Home.wse

not much there yet though, a works in progress...

There is an engineering drawing of the track.

Zed
10th July 2005, 10:21
They have a website: http://www.hamptondowns.com/Home.wse

not much there yet though, a works in progress...

There is an engineering drawing of the track.Looks like the site has been updated.

"All plans for the development of Hampton Downs Motorsport Park hinge on the granting of Resource Consent, possibly by early 2005. Once that is granted, then more details can be divulged of the timing to fully develop the complex and hold the first race meeting. If everything goes to plan, this is likely to be late in 2006.

For any matters pertaining to the Hampton Downs Motorsport Park development, please contact Tony Roberts Tel : 09 520 7841 or email info@hamptondowns.com (info@hamptondowns.com)"

http://www.hamptondowns.com/wse/graphics/track_engineering.gif

They better have Motorcycle Open Days down there? I can't wait! :Punk: