PDA

View Full Version : Coro Overnighter (Tues 15th or Wed 16th Jan)

Macstar
14th January 2008, 10:49
My new Hornet has arrived and I still have one more week of holiday. Accommodation is available for SMC club members at my family batch in the Coromandel. Two days or riding around that neck of the woods.

RSVP ASAP!!

bomma
15th January 2008, 15:46
is it too late come???

Macstar
15th January 2008, 19:59
Nup. Leaving at 9.30am from my house on Wed morning. Be there or be square. It would be good if a non-Honda bike comes!

bomma
16th January 2008, 05:32
lol i only get back on saturday early morn mac!!! hear ewen's tryna organise a barbie or sumthin so ill cu ther...if no barbie then we can hit the roads....im happy either way :2thumbsup

Macstar
17th January 2008, 13:01
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh:yes:. The good old Coro loop turned on an absolute pearler for Ross and I. Very impressed with the way Ross handled the VTR through the twisties - I couldn't shake him! Managed to scrape both pegs on the Hornet too which should look great when it goes in for it's first "do-not-thrash-for-1000km-service".

Here's my one crap photo that I took the whole trip:

Squiggles
17th January 2008, 14:24
i have a bike to collect from coro asap :doh:

klyong82
17th January 2008, 14:51
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh:yes:. The good old Coro loop turned on an absolute pearler for Ross and I. Very impressed with the way Ross handled the VTR through the twisties - I couldn't shake him! Managed to scrape both pegs on the Hornet too which should look great when it goes in for it's first "do-not-thrash-for-1000km-service".

Here's my one crap photo that I took the whole trip:

I thought you would have bought a VTR1000 and not an inline4 but the heck both are great Honda bikes.

Macstar
17th January 2008, 14:56
I can't answer that Q without upsetting Ross! I like naked bikes, fairings are over rated. BTW: The last of the 2007 VTRs (ever) are for sale now at around $12K

P.S. Squiggles, did the TL break down in Coro?:laugh:

klyong82
17th January 2008, 15:02
Fair enough bro :D. I would consider the VTR a semi-naked bike while the SP to be the fully fairing version. Besides I heard from WWH that Blue Wing will not be bringing in anymore VTR1000 for 2008 so I guess that might just hold the price at 12k for those who wanna own one.

Macstar
17th January 2008, 19:46
Fair enough bro :D. I would consider the VTR a semi-naked bike while the SP to be the fully fairing version. Besides I heard from WWH that Blue Wing will not be bringing in anymore VTR1000 for 2008 so I guess that might just hold the price at 12k for those who wanna own one.

Honda aint making the VTR 1000s no more period. As with the 900 Hornets.

motorbyclist
17th January 2008, 22:55
awwww

but i wanted an SP, and now it seems even less likely that they'll make one again:weep: