18th January 2008, 19:50
It is ON

More details: 021-0265-4015

DUCATI*HARD
18th January 2008, 20:05
c u on 1wheel ej:niceone:

ital916
18th January 2008, 22:44
Hey EJ i won't be able to make tomorrows ride, *it's a gonna slee till one pm from five thirty starts all week day* lol whats happening on sunday? Looks like i'll be terrorising mission bay tomorrow on my rg.

trump-lady
19th January 2008, 00:47
I might come if I wake up in time........

bomma
19th January 2008, 00:50
^ agreed....just got home after travelling for about 20hrs so yea......

Taz
19th January 2008, 05:31
It's a long way from Auckland to Kaiaua are you sure you'll make it in one day??

trump-lady
19th January 2008, 07:48
hmm not the most informative thread lol........... k thinking of going dunno where meet is but hey.....its on lol

trump-lady
19th January 2008, 07:55
Just to those who havn't got the details.

Ride to Kaiaua for F n C (best in the country)

Meet at BP Botany at 10am (Chapel road & Ti rakau Drive)

We will be back around 3-4pm

It's just a quiet ride *ehem*and I wanna get on the road!*ehem* Means no hooning, wheelies etc basic stuffs.

Route: BP Botany, Whitford mem road, Clevedon, Kawakawa bay, Kaiaua.

Way back: I suggest Mangatangi, Hunua Road, Clevedon and back to Albany.

Just letting you guys know, this ride will be into dust if I can't borrow the bike. You guys can go without me tho

Also, my mobile number is 021-0265-4015

I may not go online much and the ride is only a day away so just txt me if you have any questions lol

Invitation to other riders is welcome

P.S. Weather permit too

I presume its this one..... also there was some mention of Tar melt so be careful everyone

fireball
19th January 2008, 07:56
It is ON

More details: 021-0265-4015

you have a bike now?

cant make it at work again :lol: slave to the wage

babyblade250rr
19th January 2008, 08:18
Here's a post from Draco,

try and be careful everyone!! especially any noobs on the ride!!

Auckland - Kaiaua GP melted!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rode 3/4 of the way out to Kaiaua today and there was more melted tar than not It was the slickest i've ever seen that peice of road. I rode out just after lunch so I hate to imagine how squidgy it would have been by the late afternoon. Take care out there guys on hot days.

Also had what could have been a rather hairy moment. A chick in a rural delivery van decided to do a U turn around a blind corner and virtually came to a complete stop across the road. Thank @$!* for modern sportsbike brakes and thank goodness I was only doing about 90kph. Didn't think it was the safest place to be doing that.....

babyblade250rr
19th January 2008, 08:20
who would have guessed that such a beautiful day could destroy such beautiful strecthes of of road and twisties!!

you just cant win!!!

trump-lady
19th January 2008, 08:24
text ej . no reply is anyone going on this?

trump-lady
19th January 2008, 08:26
ok he replied 8 at least going........ hmmm me thinjks me may be late......still in jammies

babyblade250rr
19th January 2008, 08:26
always the case on these "short notice rides lol" i'm sure some will turn up! bikers just cant resist

trump-lady
19th January 2008, 15:20
As always with this crew a very nice cruisey ride......
I missed the turn off on the way home plus one other rider so we just headed back to Auckland.....hope you all got home safe and sound and thanks for the great day :)

motorbyclist
21st January 2008, 20:39
Also had what could have been a rather hairy moment. A chick in a rural delivery van decided to do a U turn around a blind corner and virtually came to a complete stop across the road. Thank @$!* for modern sportsbike brakes and thank goodness I was only doing about 90kph. Didn't think it was the safest place to be doing that.....

i had the same thing out there too! on the last learner ride i was riding the fxr, trailing behind the fast group and came over a bridge (creating a blind crest) to find an idiot in a hatchback doing a U turn. i slammed brakes and horn, they stopped, blocking the left lane, so i veer right as they start moving again! they stop again, now blocking the right hand lane and i fly into the gravel shoulder after scrubbing off most my speed. got back on the road, did a 180 and the car took off:angry2:

nearly chased after them but thought better of it

seriously, after having a group of bikes tear past you'd think they'd think twice before doing a blind u turn when all they had to do was go another 100m down the road and it would have been safe