PDA

View Full Version : So I crashed!

ehab2weelr
20th January 2008, 10:12
on the way to work this morning round 9.45ish, on gills rd the left side of my bike got fked!!!

i was riding down with this car in front of me i looked to the left for a sec then looked at the road when i c the car stopping to turn right i was getting closer so i panic an slam my brakes then the bike slides. and now i need to fix 2 sides..... im all gud btw. :2thumbsup
fk!!!!!:weep:

lesson of the day dont take ur eye of the road!!!! ;)

dino3310
20th January 2008, 10:16
glad you didnt get hurt,it's amazing how fast things can happen on the road.

Winter
20th January 2008, 10:55
10 points for not getting hurt.

Heres hoping that it wont happen again :)

Okey Dokey
20th January 2008, 11:34
What a bummer for you. I hope your insurance will cover most of the cost for you. Glad to know that you are alright, though. That's the most important thing.

ital916
20th January 2008, 12:46
Bummer dude...glad to hear your okay! This is why i nag ya to get a fixed helmet and shit lol How close were you to the car in front? How long till your full, if it's not too long don't bother fixing the fairing and shit, just the needed stuff.

klyong82
20th January 2008, 12:58
That poor GSX Ehab but glad you are alright.....besides there's some scary wind today so becareful

Jorja
20th January 2008, 13:02
That bike must have very good brakes

ital916
20th January 2008, 13:21
I hear ya on the wind kim, i got blown all over the place today. The rear got picked up at one point lol

Lula
20th January 2008, 13:37
lesson of the day dont take ur eye of the road!!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

This was a hard lesson I had to learn myself. Someone that I was riding with kept hand signaling me and I took my eyes off the road only to look back and see gravel on a corner which greeted me with a dump on the ground and a written off big.

Glad to hear you came out of this today without any major injuries.

babyblade250rr
20th January 2008, 14:05
on the way to work this morning round 9.45ish, on gills rd the left side of my bike got fked!!!

i was riding down with this car in front of me i looked to the left for a sec then looked at the road when i c the car stopping to turn right i was getting closer so i panic an slam my brakes then the bike slides. and now i need to fix 2 sides..... im all gud btw. :2thumbsup
fk!!!!!:weep:

Glad to hear your ok brother!, sounds like it wasnt a major?? well hopefully it wasnt

99TLS
20th January 2008, 14:16
bikes can be fixed, good to hear your not hurt

breakaway
20th January 2008, 14:50
I think it is time to get everyone booked into RRRS.

Chrislost
20th January 2008, 15:45

huh?
its not the looking at the chick on the side of the road that got ya though its just grabbing too much brake...

lesson should be how to brake :laugh:

Chrislost
20th January 2008, 15:45

do they teach drifting?

Lightning
20th January 2008, 16:27
Good to hear your alright. Watch that following distance, it can give you the time you need in these situations.

Macstar
20th January 2008, 18:37

That "lesson" hasn't be learned by you for at least two crashes now in the last 2 months.

ital916
20th January 2008, 18:46
That "lesson" hasn't be learned by you for at least two crashes now in the last 2 months.

Ooooh I reckon you two should take this outside *I put my money on mac, he has the longer reach* ;) *jokes*...i learnt that when following ehab it's a six second rule:lol::dodge:..haha just kidding mate. So after having a calm down whats the damage?

shafty
20th January 2008, 19:22
It can happen just as easy if you are checking to the left or right before passing - ie its impossible to NOT take your eyes off your direction of travel sometimes, ------ I would suggest following distances are more the solution....

Hanne
20th January 2008, 22:23

Stephen has booked us a club day for may (earliest available) but some will be able to attend the usual dates before then (smaller groups at each month's session as there'll be far too many for just the one date)

I did this course around August last year and can highly recommend it. The skills have saved me from coming off several times since.

Nagash
20th January 2008, 22:26
bikes can be fixed, good to hear your not hurt

I've always looked at it from the opposite, tight budget point of view. Humans repair themselves for free, bikes don't :innocent:

But ofcourse it's good to hear you didn't sustain any injuries none-the-less.

Could say "Gotta watch those brakes next time" but odds are you've already picked that up, and odds are you're still gonna do it once or twice more anyway.

Hope you're back on the saddle soon.

Squiggles
20th January 2008, 22:32

The dont target fixate and grab a handful lesson? or the not riding to the conditions (stopping distance etc)

Bring your bike by my shed, i want to see if certain parts are as neglected as i suspect

bandit_girl
20th January 2008, 22:51
Sorry to hear about your prang.
I can sympathize with you, been there & done that before.
I've learn't that it only takes a split second with your eyes off the road and something like that happens.

HungusMaximist
21st January 2008, 11:00
The dont target fixate and grab a handful lesson? or the not riding to the conditions (stopping distance etc)

Bring your bike by my shed, i want to see if certain parts are as neglected as i suspect

That's probably the single most useful advice that has come outta Squiggles.

I can vouch for that. :niceone:

Macstar
21st January 2008, 18:31

I am not a heartless bugger, so yeah I am glad he is OK. In terms of lessons, I believe riding skills can be learnt but a reckless attitude is another thing...

motorbyclist
21st January 2008, 20:50
huh?
its not the looking at the chick on the side of the road that got ya though its just grabbing too much brake...

lesson should be how to brake :laugh:

exactly what i was thinking

bomma
22nd January 2008, 08:32
hey bro gald to hear ur alright.......same thing happened to me when i first started riding and managed to write off my fxr due to cosmetic damage....you get any air time???

poor gsx.....of all the bikers in all the cities in all the world it had to find you :rofl: