PDA

View Full Version : Moto Guzzi California clutch squeak

MotoKuzzi
3rd February 2008, 09:58
Hi, can anyone familiar with Moto Guzzi's tell me if it's normal to hear a squeak coming from what sounds like the front of the engine low down when the clutch lever is pulled in with the engine off. I discovered it when lubing the cable ends. :confused:
Cheers

FROSTY
3rd February 2008, 10:26
Dry clutch pivot or thrust bearing.

MotoKuzzi
6th February 2008, 09:47
Dry clutch pivot or thrust bearing.

Thanks for the info, anyway to deal with this without stripping the clutch?

Paul in NZ
6th February 2008, 09:55
Well... Thats not a job you really want to do on a Guzzi unless you are keen..

(which is why I'm about to do mine)

But - I don't know much about the later bikes and if you want to know about Calis - ask here http://www.wildguzzi.com/forum/ because the yanks love em...

MotoKuzzi
6th February 2008, 12:23
Thanks for that.

Warwick in NZ
21st February 2008, 16:57
Thanks for that.

HI there Motokuzzi, Just wondering if you sorted the problem ??? Warwick

MotoKuzzi
22nd February 2008, 19:30
HI there Motokuzzi, Just wondering if you sorted the problem ??? Warwick
Hi Warwick, thanks for the enquiry. I haven't done anything yet, as it's a barely audible squeak when you let the clutch out, can only hear it with the engine off. I was more curious to know if it mean't anything to anyone who has owned Moto Guzzi's. What's your experience been with them so far? I have had mine about a year now and done about 15k on it. The bike has 76k on the clock all up and still sounding good.

Warwick in NZ
23rd February 2008, 10:54
Hi Motokuzzi, I think, not, that it's a big problem. Those sounds are hard to track down. I would start with what Frosty said, the pin for the clutch arm and return spring on the back of the box for the clutch arm with the normal lube. I can't see much passed that, unless it's one of the springs in the clutch, which could be looked at in a good way (no leaking/weeping seals)

I'm about to pull mine apart after 217ish km's to look at the clutch and the slight problem of it just grabing when it has disengage with the clutch in. I'm looking at it as a learning curve.

What Paul said was a good idea and may i add the Oz and GB site also.

Also just wondering if you are the fellow i meet in Tauranga about six months ago ??? were you stop for lunch on a ride with five or six others ??? your back tyre Question rings a bell in an early post.

Warwick :cool: