PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Chinese tyres not worth repairing

motorbyclist
14th February 2008, 10:33
so i though i'd post this up for anyone's future reference

recently had a tyre repaired, it had a puncture

turns out those chinese tyres are completely porus anyway

got charged $45 for the repair which was expected to cost $25 but ended up costing the shop $55 after they filled it with tyre sealant to try fight the leaks all over the tyre wall

according to a local mini moto shop (http://newmanz.co.nz/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=79), tyres are only $35 new

so, don't bother repairing unless you can do it yourself - and trust me those 6.5 inch rims are difficult to say the least

bungbung
14th February 2008, 12:34
just use a tube

motorbyclist
14th February 2008, 12:50
where from?

BigAl
14th February 2008, 20:20
No don't use a tube if you already have tubeless valve stems. Either buy & fit another chinka but when you are sick of falling off, on the track, buy some Savas or PMTs.

rat biker 08
14th February 2008, 20:28
Hay a good tyre is the trick to staying on the road . ask a good bike shop for the tyre thats fits yur needs

motorbyclist
14th February 2008, 22:23
Hay a good tyre is the trick to staying on the road . ask a good bike shop for the tyre thats fits yur needs

unfortunately most bike shops neither stock tyres this small nor are able to fit them :(

myself i haven't found the tyres to be lacking in grip... i keep leaning too far and levering the rear wheel off the ground with the footpeg:laugh:

Gadgit
15th February 2008, 06:32
I'd do what big Al surgested and fit a set of savas or PMT's these tyres last ten times longer and get real sticky... there are places you can get cheaper chinesse tyres $25 on trade me... if you want PMT's Dirt Works in Auckland or www.nzpocketbikeimports.co.nz and for Sava's www.xminimoto.co.nz.