PDA

View Full Version : I need a ride (8 March)

bomma
3rd March 2008, 22:19
hey guys n gals,
as some of you may know that there is a private function happening this weekend on the 8th of march that is INVITE ONLY

as those people who are attending will know i am bikeless and potentially vehicleless and would really appreciate a ride down.....im workin till 3.30ish but should be free and ready by that time.....

im asking my dad if i can borrow the car but apparently there is something wrong with the wheel bearing and he's unsure whether it will be alright to drive at high speeds.....hopefully he will lemme take the car but id like to have a back up ready just in case....

gimme a text or pm me or just post up if i am able to hitch a ride and i will happily chip in more than my fair share of petrol, meat and drinks :niceone:

027 323 2289 or
021 119 5747

Macstar
4th March 2008, 07:16
I've got some friends leaving at 4.30pm (unless you can find something else).

Phurrball
4th March 2008, 09:37
Will talk to 'the boss' - don't think she's ready for a Coro look on the VTR, also not sure she'd like some of the necessary manouvres from the back of the 'storm...

(That, and the 'storm still has distrubingly bald tyres while I try and wangle my way towards a new set and decide between Avons and Contis...)

I could take one for the team again and take the Big-Silver-Fairing as a support vehicle?

motorbyclist
4th March 2008, 11:13
might be a good idea...

if for whatever reason the viffer isn't roadworthy i might need a ride, or be taking passengers in the mighty starlet

MGST
4th March 2008, 18:12
If the weather looks dodgy ( or I might just take it for a run anyway ) I'll be taking the MG ( BGT - that's an old British sports car for the uneducated ) so I'd have room for someone and their gear. I can leave whenever suits. PM me or 021 136 3872.
PS: I'm real cheap for drinks too, 'cos I don't drink :)

Squiggles
4th March 2008, 18:50
If the weather looks dodgy ( or I might just take it for a run anyway ) I'll be taking the MG ( BGT - that's an old British sports car for the uneducated ) so I'd have room for someone and their gear. I can leave whenever suits. PM me or 021 136 3872.
PS: I'm real cheap for drinks too, 'cos I don't drink :)

OMG but but but hanne might need a lift too, so i cant ride in the cool car :doh: :crybaby:

MGST
4th March 2008, 19:03
First in first served I say, can't be fairer than that. So who's going to be first then?

Jeez don't get too excited. The British were never known for being to "out there", and there "sports cars" are not very "sporty" by todays standards. Mind you, I would have thought I was the man if I had owned my car brand new back in 1973. "The poor man's E Type" they used to call it... Shame my race car ( another MG BGT ) isn't going at the moment - I would have raced a motorbike there at highly illegal speeds no worries. Dang that would have been REAL good fun.

bomma
4th March 2008, 21:00
hey guys cheers for the offers and im number 1 on the list mgst!!! my dad has said i can take the car but i might still hitch a ride....better for the environment and its always more fun travelling in a group.....what time you guys thinking bout headin back???

i got work on sunday at 5pm so prolly best if i drive down myself coz then i can fuck off wheneva and the rest of yous can party on!!!

MGST
5th March 2008, 06:55
OK Bomma Yeah I got to be back in Auckland early / mid Sunday afternoon too, so sounds like we are on the same time frame. Let me know for sure if you want a ride in case other people want / need a ride.

Phurrball
5th March 2008, 08:44
Sweet Bomma -

I'd go the MG too having driven them once or twice before - heaps of fun, if infuriatingly British! Our Toyota can't compete - it's a mere transport appliance - competent in a sterile, boring kind of way.

R

HungusMaximist
5th March 2008, 09:50
OK Bomma Yeah I got to be back in Auckland early / mid Sunday afternoon too, so sounds like we are on the same time frame. Let me know for sure if you want a ride in case other people want / need a ride.

Hey bro, if you're cruising down with Bomma, you O.K with giving me a ride also?

Or whatever who driving who is happy to offer a ride.

Happy to throw petrol your way.

Let me know on 02102577066/0273205236

MGST
5th March 2008, 10:17
It's a sports car ( read: 2 seats only ), so can't really fit everybody in. I've got a towbar on it if you got a trailer? :cold:

bomma
5th March 2008, 14:15
hey bro if any of you fullas have had their full for more than two years and dont mind riding shotgun (as if) then i could just take my car down.....it'll fit an easy 4 or a comfy 5....just an idea....i was planning on spending the night in the car coz i cudnt be arsed forkin out for accomodation and too lazy to organise a tent :bleh:

if not then yep looks like its gonna be mgst and bomma take on the world :scooter:

Macstar
5th March 2008, 15:30
All the invited bikers are going in bloody cages:(

Squiggles
5th March 2008, 15:42
Fark, you are all pussy's. I will, of course, be riding down.

Macstar
5th March 2008, 15:52
Fark, you are all pussy's. I will, of course, be riding down.

Good on ya mate!

Phurrball
5th March 2008, 17:04

Awww - don't get too sad! Looks like I might be by myself for the night yet...

I may yet be on the 'storm provided I can get some tyres on it. There's always the trusty baby VTR too :yes: The Mrs is keen on the racing at Puke (as am I), so it may be a compromise of Sunday only at the Nationals - so an early ride back to Aucks for me...

Sigh. So much organisation. I do however have a paid day off on Sat. Yay!!!!

MGST
5th March 2008, 17:21
I was gunna ride the liddle wee bike down until some people said they needed a ride. No full bike licence ( yet, roll on June 3rd ). Cage needs a run anyway. What's the story with accom anyway? All the rooms taken? How hard is the floor? Or we going down the local backpackers for the night?

motorbyclist
5th March 2008, 17:37

i'll be riding - wof or no wof

if there isn't room on a floor somewhere, i will have to chuck a tent into a car

Hanne
5th March 2008, 20:04
I am HOPING to be riding also (depends how bike is going...) and was planning to join the Herceptin riders for part of their Auckland-Tauranga leg. Or all of it and back up agin, depending on timing etc. (they are leaving AKL at 10, going round the coro on the way)

Macstar
5th March 2008, 20:14
I was gunna ride the liddle wee bike down until some people said they needed a ride. No full bike licence ( yet, roll on June 3rd ). Cage needs a run anyway. What's the story with accom anyway? All the rooms taken? How hard is the floor? Or we going down the local backpackers for the night?

Accom is ok - bring sleeping bag.

motorbyclist
5th March 2008, 23:34
Accom is ok - bring sleeping bag.

who's taking a cage?

got room for a sleeping bag?

Jimmy B
6th March 2008, 08:12
I am HOPING to be riding also (depends how bike is going...) and was planning to join the Herceptin riders for part of their Auckland-Tauranga leg. Or all of it and back up agin, depending on timing etc. (they are leaving AKL at 10, going round the coro on the way)

Hi Hanne, I also thought it would be a happy coincidence if we struck this ride enroute as well. I think Macstars departure is around that time as well.

Regarding gear for riders - My lovely wife is taking the cage and one other passenger. Anyone who wants some gear taken down can drop it off to 123 Shackleton Road either Friday evening or Saturday Morning. May have room for 1 or 2 if stuck for a lift. Note well that you maybe subjected to ABBA plus you will need to adhere to Mrs JBs timetable, whatever that maybe. I think you could be safely assured of an early departure on Sunday and I wouldn't count on a door to door service.

The ride: if anyone with a smaller bike is thinking that they may not ride because of distance or pace, fear not. I am more than happy to ride along with you. Send me a PM.

I am really looking forward to meeting you guys, weather looks great.
Andy

MGST
6th March 2008, 10:07
who's taking a cage?

got room for a sleeping bag?

I can take it if you want.

HungusMaximist
6th March 2008, 11:47

Hey bro, you taking Nish or is he gonna take his car?

Something about him not holding a full car drivers licence... ? ?

MGST
6th March 2008, 15:37
Dunno 'coz he hasn't confirmed with me yet. You know how KB is, everything last minute, so with KB + students = 5 minutes after last minute!! I'm taking my cage regardless.

motorbyclist
6th March 2008, 18:28

right.... so will you be meet ingus on the morning or will i have to find you?

Squiggles
6th March 2008, 18:44
right.... so will you be meet ingus on the morning or will i have to find you?

Its called a tie down. If im not taking hanne ill take it ontop of mine

MGST
6th March 2008, 18:52
I can meet you somewhere. If Bomma gets in touch with me for a ride, I think he is working until early afternoon? So I can get your gear in the morning and bring it down in the afternoon. I live in Kohimarama, dunno where you live, but we can sort summit out aye. Or bring it to Uni tomorrow and I'll take it home with me. I can take yours too Steven if you want. Dunno if you got my number and name, 021 136 3872, Andrew ( me too ).

Squiggles
6th March 2008, 20:40
I can take yours too Steven if you want.

Nah, im not a pussy, i carry my own shit :cool:

bomma
6th March 2008, 22:03
Dunno 'coz he hasn't confirmed with me yet. You know how KB is, everything last minute, so with KB + students = 5 minutes after last minute!! I'm taking my cage regardless.

hey bro you said it aye!!! my biggest concern was where to crash for the night so was my biggest reason to bring the car along (those pom cars look a bit too comfy for two to be sleepin in) but since theres a hard floor at isaac's looks like the bitch spot in your car has been occupied :Punk:

will txt ya tomorro as per your kind request.....will hopefully have a new bike by then too :woohoo:

motorbyclist
6th March 2008, 22:49
I can meet you somewhere. If Bomma gets in touch with me for a ride, I think he is working until early afternoon? So I can get your gear in the morning and bring it down in the afternoon. I live in Kohimarama, dunno where you live, but we can sort summit out aye. Or bring it to Uni tomorrow and I'll take it home with me. I can take yours too Steven if you want. Dunno if you got my number and name, 021 136 3872, Andrew ( me too ).

sweet, i'll be at uni from 8 till 12 and then 4 till 6

MGST
7th March 2008, 09:37
hey bro you said it aye!!! my biggest concern was where to crash for the night so was my biggest reason to bring the car along (those pom cars look a bit too comfy for two to be sleepin in) but since theres a hard floor at isaac's looks like the bitch spot in your car has been occupied :Punk:

will txt ya tomorro as per your kind request.....will hopefully have a new bike by then too :woohoo:

No worries. Happy biking days on the way for you then with new wheels :scooter: Don't forget photos :soon:

skidMark
7th March 2008, 10:07
hey guys n gals,
as some of you may know that there is a private function happening this weekend on the 8th of march that is INVITE ONLY

Are you asking me on a date?

MGST
7th March 2008, 15:23
Ok so after a few changes of plans, I have got a spare seat in the cage if anybody needs a ride, and room for some gear of those riding bikes. Otherwise, see you all tomorrow!!
-Andrew 021 136 3872

Hanne
7th March 2008, 16:40
Great news! I will have my bike!
(And no Andrew, it is NOT going to blow up :bleh:)
Looks like most of your are four-wheelibng down, but in case anyone else is keen to join the herceptin riders they are leaving from the All Seasons Ellerslie Motor Lodge at 10am

klyong82
9th March 2008, 18:38
So how did it go?

motorbyclist
9th March 2008, 19:52
perfect weather

no cops

no bins

the three of us all managed to keep the same blistering pace

couldn't have asked for better

PirateJafa
9th March 2008, 20:50
I only managed two of that three. :(

bomma
9th March 2008, 22:23
whers the "raj is at it again part 2" thread????

motorbyclist
9th March 2008, 23:35
http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=dwORDqT5oQA

:shifty:

Phurrball
10th March 2008, 17:05
*SIGH* say no more.

Relationships are fun. Except when they're not.

(I love my Mrs BTW and she had valid-ish reasons for detaining me, just she didn't explain too well.) Next time mebbe...

R

perfect weather

no cops

no bins

the three of us all managed to keep the same blistering pace

couldn't have asked for better

bomma
10th March 2008, 22:40
*SIGH* say no more.

Relationships are fun. Except when they're not.

(I love my Mrs BTW and she had valid-ish reasons for detaining me, just she didn't explain too well.) Next time mebbe...

R

sounds like you got a bit of a :bash: and ur missus was a tad :angry2: and you tried to :dodge: which only led to more :spanking: and :girlfight: and she wouldn't let ya :scooter: and you felt like just :brick: but in the end had to :crybaby: and :bye: to the rest of us

Phurrball
11th March 2008, 17:41
sounds like you got a bit of a :bash: and ur missus was a tad :angry2: and you tried to :dodge: which only led to more :spanking: and :girlfight: and she wouldn't let ya :scooter: and you felt like just :brick: but in the end had to :crybaby: and :bye: to the rest of us

Uh - yer.

Did I mention my Mrs has her black belt in Judo? Fave hobby of a few years back was to pick on 100kg men - apparently not as viscious as women and unsure how to approach a petite blonde chick on the mat...

I'm that 100kg man now.:crybaby:

So I have to behave when told to. I was told, so I 'behaved' after much protestation and real-life enactment of Bomma's emoticons...

Next time had better make sure I have a greater collection of 'gold stars' before asking...