PDA

View Full Version : RG150 Power Valves

richiewendt
6th March 2008, 07:47
Called up boyd honda (The tw*ts at road and sport no longer deal with suzuki) and will have to fork out 660$ for two! Anyone know where you could get them cheaper? If you can?

MDR2
16th March 2008, 13:47
There was a dude on trademe selling them a we bit cheaper a few weeks ago (assuming you don't need the retaining clips, springs, spacers and the bar that conects them all up) I paid about $550 (new) I could fish around for some details but don't know if he's got any left.

They are a hard to get part for a discontinued bike. You may just have to suck it up and fork out for new parts or wait forever for a second hand set to pop up.

If you DO need the other parts then be expecting to pay about 600 plus anyway. Talk to Cameron from Colemans Suzuki in Auckland, he looked after me.

oyster
16th March 2008, 15:55
I look after about 60 RG's down south racing and most of the time they're fixable, and it's a PROVEN fix. As well, just recently we've developed a new design that is bulletproof, cheap and can be adjusted to fit the (inevitable) worn cavity they live in. With the std ones, I've seen people buy new ones, and within a few thousand k's they've failed again cos of the worn cavity problem (they rattle to death)
PM for details, normally I ask for the whole barrel with head still on it to be sent down. I fix it and send it back.

MDR2
16th March 2008, 16:15
Have you got an approximate cost? Does it vary depending on how far gone it is?

FruitLooPs
16th March 2008, 16:23
Oyster made up a custom pair for my RG a few weeks ago, i'm not going to state how much I paid other than to say it was far cheaper than buying new ones or even 2nd hand ones.

My barrel has done 57,000km's so it needs custom fit ones really. Seem great, I did a ride to kaikoura this weekend and had a ball. Although the fuel economy didn't do so well with all those hills! :spanking:

tommorth
27th March 2008, 21:20
isent a barrel down to oyster few months ago came back week later fixed and cleand hell of a lot cheaper than new pv he is the man

pouakai
13th November 2012, 14:15
Anyone got a contact for oyster - I want to talk about powervalves. PM me....

Asher
13th November 2012, 15:32
I have a few sets of vj22 rgv250 power valves available

pouakai
14th February 2013, 19:59
I have a few sets of vj22 rgv250 power valves available

Since you posted in the RG150 thread and I know no better I have to ask are the vj22 power valves
the same as the RG150 power valves ?? My imagination says no.

gammaguy
15th February 2013, 01:18
Oyster made up a custom pair for my RG a few weeks ago, i'm not going to state how much I paid other than to say it was far cheaper than buying new ones or even 2nd hand ones.

My barrel has done 57,000km's so it needs custom fit ones really. Seem great, I did a ride to kaikoura this weekend and had a ball. Although the fuel economy didn't do so well with all those hills! :spanking:

Fuel economy is for diesel riders