PDA

View Full Version : Club Ride - Saturday 29th March

Squiggles
25th March 2008, 14:24
Thinking of having the first ride of the year for the club this saturday, not sure of where yet, but thinking of the lower end of the 200-300k mark to try and encourage new members along

Hows the seal out to kaiaua at the moment? any other ideas on a destination?

This post will be updated as details come to hand.

Confirmed Details:
Date: Saturday 29th
Where to: Route TBA, Either to Kaiaua for Lunch or Northwest then across the
west-east roads
Meeting Point: Outside the University Gym on Symonds Street
Time: Meet 10-10:30, Depart 10:45-11am

Pre-ride check: Everyone coming should have a thorough look over their bike, and
correct any issues before the ride. We will take a quick look over all the
bikes before departure. If its not road worthy it aint coming, so adjust & lube
those chains. If theres something you're not sure about or dont know how to do,
we'll be at Strata on Friday from 4:30-7, and i can be contacted on 0212685528,
better to be safe than sorry!

motorbyclist
25th March 2008, 16:03
this weekend?

maybe a bit more notice and a gap from the easter ride would help encourage new AND old members;)

Phurrball
25th March 2008, 16:44
Yay! :banana: It's a Sunday - so I can come along *provided I get permission in advance*

ital916
25th March 2008, 17:21
I will be bikeless as of tomorrow, will know the verdict of what the insurance people think soon enough.:weep::weep::weep:. Looks like I won't be able to make this one.

Macstar
25th March 2008, 18:46
Thinking of having the first ride of the year for the club this sunday, not sure of where yet, but thinking of the lower end of the 200-300k mark to try and encourage new members along

Hows the seal out to kaiaua at the moment? any other ideas on a destination?

This post will be updated as details come to hand.

ABOUT TIME!!! Sweet man, looking forward to it. I haven't done Kaiaua for about 3 weeks, I personally don't like that stretch of road much apart from the seaside lunch spot... I rate HW 16 and Woodcocks Rd!

this weekend?

maybe a bit more notice and a gap from the easter ride would help encourage new AND old members;)

What you talking about fool?!, you didn't even come on THE Easter ride!

I will be bikeless as of tomorrow, will know the verdict of what the insurance people think soon enough.:weep::weep::weep:. Looks like I won't be able to make this one.

Wanna ride bitch / I mean pillion?

Macstar
25th March 2008, 18:51
Oh and before I forget - I'm buying you lunch on the ride Mr Club President and a beer if you'll drink it! (Least I can do for all of your help lately).

PirateJafa
25th March 2008, 18:57

You too huh?

We'll need to start up a support group at this rate.

Macstar
25th March 2008, 19:00
You too huh?

We'll need to start up a support group at this rate.

I heard you were typing on one hand. Ignore Squiggles, post some details for educational purposes!

klyong82
25th March 2008, 19:47
Ride ..... hmmmm ...

Ragingrob
25th March 2008, 19:49
Sounds like a plan :2thumbsup

shingo
25th March 2008, 20:04
Finally someone organises a ride on sunday, only problem is my laziness has created a pile-up of uni assignments all due next week. So depending on how i go with them, i will prob have to pass pn this one :crybaby:

PirateJafa
25th March 2008, 20:19
I heard you were typing on one hand. Ignore Squiggles, post some details for educational purposes!

What a elbow should look like.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3918/zimage002fa7.jpg

What a elbow should not look like.
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6656/zimage001ci6.jpg

Macstar
25th March 2008, 20:30
Nasty, and the bike? (photos). maybe in another thread so as not to upset the thread starter...

Squiggles
25th March 2008, 21:21
Dont make me split this thread! *goes off on the most minor of power trips ever*

Yer, i wasnt sure if its too late, but ill send the email tomorrow morning, and possibly set another one for the following week (cant remember but might have something on then...) Gives me saturday to finally mount the ohlins

JeremyW
25th March 2008, 21:36
If its a Sunday I will be keen.

2wheeljunkie
25th March 2008, 22:02
YES YES YES...im in...aching for a ride..anywheres good and the longer the better..!

ital916
26th March 2008, 05:52
ABOUT TIME!!! Sweet man, looking forward to it. I haven't done Kaiaua for about 3 weeks, I personally don't like that stretch of road much apart from the seaside lunch spot... I rate HW 16 and Woodcocks Rd!

What you talking about fool?!, you didn't even come on THE Easter ride!

Wanna ride bitch / I mean pillion?

Hey man! Thanks for the offer isaac but if i rode pillion your honda would probably break or something haha jokes. Unfortunately I work on sundays guys, but I shall be thinking of the ride whi;st patrolling the isles of motomail.

ital916
26th March 2008, 05:54
YES YES YES...im in...aching for a ride..anywheres good and the longer the better..!

I was thinking, if your rode on your tank the whole way, you could fit two more people on your bike. One on the driver seat and one on the pillion lol.

klyong82
26th March 2008, 08:21
Hey Squiggles, perhaps time to create an even calender for this ride. Wanna see how many people are coming for the trip.

Nagash
26th March 2008, 08:34
Hah, i'm keen to come.

I'm don't go to Uni.. but i've ridden with some of you guys before :D

gtr boy
26th March 2008, 08:40
im down with this one ............still looking for a brake spacer on the rear ,but been crusin with no back brakes for wee while ,weres the meet

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 08:58
I was thinking, if your rode on your tank the whole way, you could fit two more people on your bike. One on the driver seat and one on the pillion lol.

ahaha...u wanna come now then ??..yer more than welcome to ride in the front..i think i can manage tank riding the whole trip..il pick up a pretty sore bum though..btw wat happen to yer bike..u mentioned something about insurance..:(

Nagash
26th March 2008, 09:22
He popped a tyre on the Easter ride from what I heard.

How did that actually happen man..?

klyong82
26th March 2008, 09:34
im down with this one ............still looking for a brake spacer on the rear ,but been crusin with no back brakes for wee while ,weres the meet

Keep looking at the thread for details but historically the meeting place is in front the Auckland Uni gym/recreation centre motorcycle carpark. Meeting time is usually anytime from 9.30 to 10.30.

Regarding your rear brake spacers gonna have to wait for Squiggles for his opinion. Have you tried the wreckers for a second hand one though I tend to buy brand new when it comes to brake components.

Yeah Drider written off his bike as he was trying to do a Rossi style rear slide :shutup: Hey D, any idea what is your new bike gonna be? get a FXR150 think it will be alot better with less maintenance

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 09:38
poped a tyre..?? does that mean he bailed off it and fooked it up or ...?? ohh man that suxs...come online dushy and explain yer situation..!!

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 09:43
he wrote it off?? u serious..ohh no that was one beautiful rg150...any chance of saving it or is it beyond repair kim..??..btw kim can u explain wat happen or wud u rather let dushy tell it.?:pinch:

Nagash
26th March 2008, 10:18
Written off? I didn't look all that bad.

Will wait for rider's word I guess, bike wasn't in bad knick. Just a few fresh scratches from the weekend.

Photographic evidence of the event :second:

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 10:37
yea hope its not a write off..poor guy..although he does look rather cheery on the tow truckk..thanks for the pic nagash..!

ital916
26th March 2008, 10:38
Yeah doesn't look like much but after further inspection there is a fair bit. The front tire didn't blow, it came off on a corner while i was cranked over, the ensuing tankslapper and out of control flight over the railway lines with one wheel on woodcocks to the side of the road was a real pants shitter of a ride lol. Insurance is getting involed cos of the ginormous costs of getting the bike back and getting it roadworthy.

ital916
26th March 2008, 10:42
And when I say came off I mean the actual tire pulled away from the rim, the beading came off and the tire lost all pressure, i pushed it back onto the rim when I stopped. Jeez man, that bike is cursed lol

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 10:49
WHATT??.. the tire popped out of the rim..wow..thats a first ive heard...what are the damages yer talking about?? cant think of any u wud have as wudnt there just be scratches..unless u hit something else..?? in yer case i say it wudnt take much for a write off as the value would be like max 2 and half grand right??..but the main thing is that yer ok..and u still got yer riding spirit..!:rockon:

Squiggles
26th March 2008, 11:06
And when I say came off I mean the actual tire pulled away from the rim, the beading came off and the tire lost all pressure, i pushed it back onto the rim when I stopped. Jeez man, that bike is cursed lol

I've got a chin shit on the back of my gn at the moment, gave the valve a knock over some speed humps and had to push it up my road (for the 2nd time) :lol: least i have spare rims though :D

Brake spacer? What spacer??? the one between the swingarm and the drum brake on the axle? far, i hope not. Or is yours the first of the disk brakes? (cant remember if that was 87...)

We'll leave from the usual (outside the uni gym on symonds, kate edgar side), im thinking meet at 10, depart 10:30

klyong82
26th March 2008, 11:11
I dont recall of any brake spacers on the brakes now that you'll mention. Brake shims? Unless he means the spacers for the wheel with the brake rotors. :blank:

Macstar
26th March 2008, 11:36
Without commenting on exactly when damage occured to the RG - I'd say she would be close to a write off when you consider damaged fairings on both sides, levers, shifters, mirrors, indicators, possibly damaged front rim etc.

Whilst there's obvious advantages in ditching the RG for another bike, would the Dushmeister be able to continue living his life knowing he never quite tamed the beast????

Have you test ridden a trike?:lol:

Magua
26th March 2008, 11:43
Wont be able to make it to this one. Should be changing the fork oil this weekend.

gtr boy
26th March 2008, 11:45
its the disc brake model ,87 mc17
the caliper has a black spacer type that it fastens too.
between the swing arm and rim
what has happened is the pad has gone through the slot the it sits in on the spacer thingy....
didnt notice for a wee while,has put sum wear marks in the hub of the wheel :crazy:

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 11:56
ohh yea damaged wheel..dumb me..yea wud cost a pretty penny..i know this cause ehab found out his front rim is not legal now and finding a replacement is not cheap..:crazy:

klyong82
26th March 2008, 12:04
what has happened is the pad has gone through the slot the it sits in on the spacer thingy....
didnt notice for a wee while,has put sum wear marks in the hub of the wheel :crazy:

Take it to the shop mate. You dont wanna be messing around when it comes to brakes and tyres.

Ragingrob
26th March 2008, 12:23
I can only make the ride if we are meeting like after 11... :(

klyong82
26th March 2008, 12:30
I can only make the ride if we are meeting like after 11... :(

We'll have the ride after 11 if you buy us all lunch......or perhaps you could meet us halfway...

Squiggles
26th March 2008, 12:32

come show me it, i cant picture it from the description, will probably be able to give you the technical name for it so you can ring the wrecker for one. Probably be piss all for one from the wreckers or might even be generic enough to get from a bolt store

Ragingrob
26th March 2008, 12:33
Ha! Do you guys know where ya wanna head yet?

Squiggles
26th March 2008, 12:35
Wont be able to make it to this one. Should be changing the fork oil this weekend.

Be the third person to have them pulled apart in my gargre in 3 weeks

I did the dr's on sunday, piece of piss and only took 30min to do the seals on both, unlike the marathon efforts of jafa and andrew :lol:

Squiggles
26th March 2008, 12:36
Ha! Do you guys know where ya wanna head yet?

Nah, but knowing us ill show up 10 minutes after we're meant to leave, then andrew will need to gas up and we wont leave uni fully till 11:15 :jerry:

Ragingrob
26th March 2008, 12:37
come show me it, i cant picture it from the description, will probably be able to give you the technical name for it so you can ring the wrecker for one. Probably be piss all for one from the wreckers or might even be generic enough to get from a bolt store

Hey are you able to jump on msn at all? How hard is it to wash out the carbs and petrol tank? James's bike is mint as but today it fucked up! Luckily we were just around the road from Mt Eden MC. But yeah petrol was dripping outta overflow and engine was very muggy needed heaps of revs to get going. They thought it is dirt/rust flakes in the carb or something and quoted up to $300...

James is gonna ring GP Honda where he bought it from YESTERDAY! And see what the reckon, surely they should help out?

Squiggles
26th March 2008, 13:48
Gonna ring GP Honda where he bought it from YESTERDAY! And see what the reckon, surely they should help out?

They should sort it under warranty

EJK
26th March 2008, 14:12
I'm definitely not in

MGST
26th March 2008, 14:19
Yeah doesn't look like much but after further inspection there is a fair bit. The front tire didn't blow, it came off on a corner while i was cranked over, the ensuing tankslapper and out of control flight over the railway lines with one wheel on woodcocks to the side of the road was a real pants shitter of a ride lol. Insurance is getting involed cos of the ginormous costs of getting the bike back and getting it roadworthy.

I'm loosing count - is that bin number 5? Do you walk under ladders or in front of black cats or sum fing?? Dude, you must be the unluckiest biker ever! Cut your losses, dump the RG, and get a fourstroke, for christ's sake!!

Nagash
26th March 2008, 14:26
Well he never dropped the bike when the tyre came off so I don't reckon that counts as a bin..

Though he did bin two times before in that same weekend :D

EJK
26th March 2008, 14:27
Sigh.......

ital916
26th March 2008, 14:41
was learning to ride on grave...big deal. jeez. :whocares:

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 15:26
wat u reckon you'll get if they write off the bike dushy?? would u get another 2 stoker demon :devil2: or would u settle for a more angelic 4 stroker :innocent:..btw e.j..why arent u riding this weekend?

Nagash
26th March 2008, 15:49
His bike's still buggered too. (EJ that is)

And I recommend a 4 stroke aswell man! They don't have as much character but they don't get mistaken for a lawn mower either...

I reckon put in a bit of your own cash and buy something like a GSX250 or even a bandit so that you can smash it around!

PirateJafa
26th March 2008, 16:03
or even a bandit so that you can smash it around!

:crybaby:

10char

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 16:03
i would have to agree wif the rest of the KB's on this thread dush...better off gettting a 4 stroker..makes life a little more predictable..but just when u thought uve mastered it..it surprises u..:banana:..btw i know this is late notice but is anyone keen for a ride tonite..for some reason i got the itchy riding bug..

BadCompany
26th March 2008, 16:05
His bike's still buggered too. (EJ that is)

And I recommend a 4 stroke aswell man! They don't have as much character but they don't get mistaken for a lawn mower either...

I reckon put in a bit of your own cash and buy something like a GSX250 or even a bandit so that you can smash it around!

:crybaby:

10char

Ha! That was brilliant. You indirectly reminded Jafa that he cocked up and threw him and his bike into a clay bank!

ehab2weelr
26th March 2008, 16:15
yea boy join the 4 strokers....

yea count me in il come on my bearly leagle bike.. hahah

il c if i get the paint on this saterday.. if i do then i might come if i dont then next week i hope.

Magua
26th March 2008, 17:47
Be the third person to have them pulled apart in my gargre in 3 weeks

I did the dr's on sunday, piece of piss and only took 30min to do the seals on both, unlike the marathon efforts of jafa and andrew :lol:

Might take some time with my bike. You have to remove the front wheel and then the forks to drain them. Damn honda.

EJK
26th March 2008, 18:16

Thats offensive lol

ital916
26th March 2008, 18:38
what were you sighing about before fool lol and whats happened to the fxr, all i keep hearing is how broken it is, not how much your trying to get it fixed. Is it just sitting there? You might as well go give it to red baron so it can be "nothinged" there for a while. How did the compression problems come up? I'm not being mean but the engine must really be wasted for it to be broken for like three weeks.

EJK
26th March 2008, 18:43
Well, after all it wasn't the compression problem. You can read the thread if you want.

I went there yesturday to fix it. Guess I made some progress...

Don't worry, it'll be back on the road soon ;)

ital916
26th March 2008, 18:46
Haha you better be otherwise i'm bolting some motors to some bicycles for us and were gonna use those. It's all about power to weight ration eh, i don't need no stinkin structural integrity.

EJK
26th March 2008, 19:08
Pics don't have any scratches on your bike, so it's just the front wheel thats got a problem?

HungusMaximist
26th March 2008, 20:24
yea count me in il come on my bearly leagle bike.. hahah

It better be legal or I gonna bust a cap in your ass. :oi-grr:

Have you also exchanged the tatty old jeans for some proper riding pants?

Otherwise we'll have to start a ehab fund...

2wheeljunkie
26th March 2008, 22:08
ohh man we gonna have to find 3 bikes this sunday for u guys (ehab, dush and e.j)..i say go rent one and get ehab to sit on the tank and either dush or e.j can ride bitch..i mean pillion..:innocent:

klyong82
26th March 2008, 22:48
It better be legal or I gonna bust a cap in your ass. :oi-grr:

Have you also exchanged the tatty old jeans for some proper riding pants?

Otherwise we'll have to start a ehab fund...

So you coming for a ride this weekend? Dont mind which motor-bike you ride just not pushbike. Not seen you in our rides for a long time.

Squiggles
26th March 2008, 22:53
Sunday's not looking too hot, Im putting a vote up, Saturday is meant to be fine, Sun a bit damp, vote for the day of your choice, the email goes out tomorrow morning (10ish) with that day on it

klyong82
26th March 2008, 23:02
Sunday's not looking too hot, Im putting a vote up, Saturday is meant to be fine, Sun a bit damp, vote for the day of your choice, the email goes out tomorrow morning (10ish) with that day on it

Yeah I was gonna say that too after seeing the weather report. Saturday then for me.

motorbyclist
26th March 2008, 23:34
WOW alot of posts since i was last on KB

i might be able to make it, if it's dry i'll come, preferably on saturday as i'm likely to be taking the dirtbike out on sunday. could take a pillion on the viffer if they're brave

last time i went out via kaiauia with macstar and squiggles the surface was very less than ideal

dushi: you crashed AGAIN? i demand a thread! some for david, he's got some mean x-rays to show you guys

EJ: i reckon you should get a grunty dirtbike engine in that fxr:D. did you take anyone else with you to examine that bike when you bought it?

ehab: i'm telling you, provided they're still round those rims are fine. just bog and paint like i did mine ;)

whoever needed that spacer: considered making one? got the basic dimensions? if it's the part i think it is, it's only a 5 minute job on a lathe that even a small child could do

squiggles: the second fork we did was like a 15 minute job! it's just the first one being tighter that was the problem.... finished those DRs yet?

Hey are you able to jump on msn at all? How hard is it to wash out the carbs and petrol tank? James's bike is mint as but today it fucked up! Luckily we were just around the road from Mt Eden MC. But yeah petrol was dripping outta overflow and engine was very muggy needed heaps of revs to get going. They thought it is dirt/rust flakes in the carb or something and quoted up to $300...

James is gonna ring GP Honda where he bought it from YESTERDAY! And see what the reckon, surely they should help out?

take it back under warranty

sounds as simple as a stuck float if the fuel overflow is overflowing. carefully check all the headers are getting hot to ensure all cyclinders are firing too.

Ragingrob
27th March 2008, 08:06
They should sort it under warranty

That's the thing, dunno if it was bought under warranty! But I think consumer guarantees act implies that you can't buy something from a retailer to have it break down the next day under normal use. I'll see if James has talked to them.

Folcan
27th March 2008, 08:19
I could probably make either.. although drier = better. im not 100% sure thou, just see how the cashflow goes

Ragingrob
27th March 2008, 08:25

Hey Stephen would you be keen at all in taking a particular girl on the back?

2wheeljunkie
27th March 2008, 09:26
yea good idea on the switching to sat ..wont be keen to ride in damp weather if i know b4 hand its gonna be damp weather..:cool:...i hope babyblade comes..i wanna c his new ride..:eek:

Squiggles
27th March 2008, 10:06

Yer, i've already seen her today, can do as long as hanne's got her bike back :)

klyong82
27th March 2008, 10:31
That's the thing, dunno if it was bought under warranty! But I think consumer guarantees act implies that you can't buy something from a retailer to have it break down the next day under normal use. I'll see if James has talked to them.

If it is bought from a registered company or store then it is covered under the consumers guarantee act for 30days warranty by that company. So take it back. I bought my fireblade and i got 6 months warranty. Most other shops i know give 3 months warranty on second hand bikes.

Now if he rides the TL it is gonna be an uncomfortable pillion ride. But I am sure she will love it.....also means Stevo will be riding like a nanna as always. :eek:

Yer, i've already seen her today, can do as long as hanne's got her bike back :)

Hanne can be a pillion on my bike.......and meet my mum tooo after the ride.:banana:

2wheeljunkie
27th March 2008, 10:44
do i suspect a little cheeky-ness from you kim??..behave yourself..:Oi: + :spanking: =:crybaby: ---:lol:

ehab2weelr
27th March 2008, 10:48
ok now tell me how am i gana get the bike premiered and painted on friday night if the ride is on sat?

will now the chances of me coming just went down to 10%....

2wheeljunkie
27th March 2008, 10:57
For f***s sake ehab..seriously..if u wanna get yer bike done u gotta get off yer arse and do something about it..i know the bike is in drury and in yer cousins storage place but if u really wanted to come on this ride then u will go now..and i mean NOW and get the materials u need to paint the bike and ring up your cousin and tell him your coming ova tonite to paint the bike and im sure by sat morning the bike would have a gleeming new coat on!!!!...it will only get done if u want it to get done..sorry i sound a little frustated...:Playnice:...my lab report aint going so good soo i gotta vent my frustration on you..thanks buddy...i feel alot better..bt seriously do it tonite..i'll even come with u if u want at night to do the painting...

motorbyclist
27th March 2008, 12:02

If it is bought from a registered company or store then it is covered under the consumers guarantee act for 30days warranty by that company. So take it back. I bought my fireblade and i got 6 months warranty. Most other shops i know give 3 months warranty on second hand bikes.

actually, isn't that 3 month mechanical warranty part of being a licenced dealer?

Now if he rides the TL it is gonna be an uncomfortable pillion ride. But I am sure she will love it.....also means Stevo will be riding like a nanna as always. :eek:

it would help if that bike was capable of smooth gear changes:laugh:

if you're brave she can come on the viffer!

(i can't afford a ticket, can barely afford gas, so really need something to slow me down)

ok now tell me how am i gana get the bike premiered and painted on friday night if the ride is on sat?

will now the chances of me coming just went down to 10%....

you could have it primered and painted IF you start NOW, but if i was you i wouldn't till after the ride. any clearcoats would take a while to properly harden/cure. so to avoid ruining it with stonechips, better off riding it THEN painting on sunday:cool:

klyong82
27th March 2008, 14:55
do i suspect a little cheeky-ness from you kim??..behave yourself..:Oi: + :spanking: =:crybaby: ---:lol:

I think the equation should be like this ..:Oi: + :spanking: = :banana:

actually, isn't that 3 month mechanical warranty part of being a licenced dealer?

Usually they give you three months for any fault with the bike and usually covers mechanical items but was just saying that if a company denies giving warranty then you are covered under the consumer guarantee act for 30 days. They are legally obligated so should be good. Just call them or take the bike back to them. GP Honda? isnt that in Tauranga? If so maybe call them first.

2wheeljunkie
27th March 2008, 16:17
[QUOTE=klyong82;1492152]I think the equation should be like this ..:Oi: + :spanking: = :banana:

i dont like how the banana man is dancing real close to the bum being spanked..might suggest other motifs..:lol:

ital916
27th March 2008, 19:28
bikes gone :weep:

Squiggles
27th March 2008, 19:34
bikes gone :weep:

So...which insurance company do i have to ring to make an offer? :innocent:

ital916
27th March 2008, 19:37
Lol supposedly I don't get first dibs on it...it's kinda like an auction for it or something. The shock of the impact from landing on the rim did some damage, she was leaking black, exhuast system was ruptured and most of the fairing mounting points sheared off, including on the rear fairings I believe. The insurer said front rim would be bent as well as maybe the forks?? Plus a multitude of other stuff.

2wheeljunkie
27th March 2008, 19:40
its ok dushy..it will hurt awhile but the pain will heal when u got bike shopping...!!:rolleyes:

Ragingrob
27th March 2008, 19:41
Dude when did this happen?!?! The end of the Cape ride?!

ital916
27th March 2008, 19:46
Yeha bro, 90k out of auckland the beading on my front tire came apart and the tire came off the rim! I landed on the front hard after flying over some railway tracks, go figure no front brakes due to the lack of pressure in front tire. Bye bye my sweet..sigh.

Ragingrob
27th March 2008, 19:50
Gutted! Insurance?

ital916
27th March 2008, 20:00
yeah it's been written off, they've picked it up.

Squiggles
27th March 2008, 21:13
I've updated the main post

Confirmed Details:
Date: Saturday 29th
Where to: Route TBA, Either to Kaiaua for Lunch or Northwest then across the
west-east roads
Meeting Point: Outside the University Gym on Symonds Street
Time: Meet 10-10:30, Depart 10:45-11am

Pre-ride check: Everyone coming should have a thorough look over their bike, and
bikes before departure. If its not road worthy it aint coming, so adjust & lube
those chains. If theres something you're not sure about or dont know how to do,
we'll be at Strata on Friday from 4:30-7, and i can be contacted on 0212685528,
better to be safe than sorry!

EJK
27th March 2008, 23:05
EJ: i reckon you should get a grunty dirtbike engine in that fxr:D. did you take anyone else with you to examine that bike when you bought it?

Only Justin. Well you know him lol If it works, buy it! :rolleyes:

Well, wanna help me out?

Drider87: Written off? Sorry to hear that mate... Well, is it time to get a RS250? :rolleyes:

motorbyclist
27th March 2008, 23:21
Yeha bro, 90k out of auckland the beading on my front tire came apart and the tire came off the rim! I landed on the front hard after flying over some railway tracks, go figure no front brakes due to the lack of pressure in front tire. Bye bye my sweet..sigh.

wait, was that your brand new tyre?

who fitted it? what make/model was it?

any ideas how/why the bead slipped? might be something to tell the fitter about incase it's something that might happen to other bikes....

ofcourse if you just didn't have enough air in it that's another story, and hopefully a lesson learnt

Only Justin. Well you know him lol If it works, buy it! :rolleyes:

Well, wanna help me out?

happy to

bikes before departure.

yep, full WOF inspection including test rides:devil2:

though seriously, stephen is right. i told several of you last week to tighten those chains before they come off so i should hope they've been done - trust me you don't want the chain to fly through your crank case.
brakes are not optional either.

2wheeljunkie
28th March 2008, 07:20
u aint touching my gpx andrew..NEVER>>!!!..:lol:

Macstar
28th March 2008, 11:15
I'm gonna do a burn out after the ride hoh hoh hoh hoh! (replacing rear tyre on Sunday).

ehab2weelr
28th March 2008, 11:28
il c i might just put on my plastics without primer coz i dont think il have time today to go get it primer. but if i dont come its probably because im gana work on it and get it ready for next week.

Folcan
28th March 2008, 12:29
It doesnt have to look nice to come on a ride.. just put it together and come :P

Squiggles
28th March 2008, 20:25
It doesnt have to look nice to come on a ride.. just put it together and come :P

Has ta meet my roadworthy conditions in the first post :sunny:

Cya all there tomorrow.

EJK
28th March 2008, 21:29
il c i might just put on my plastics without primer coz i dont think il have time today to go get it primer. but if i dont come its probably because im gana work on it and get it ready for next week.

Don't you work tomorrow?

motorbyclist
28th March 2008, 21:59

Cya all there tomorrow.

what if your fairings are falling off?

will txt in the morning, you guys might be best to wait for me in kumeu...

gotta get back from the 'tron:shifty:

ehab2weelr
28th March 2008, 22:09

Cya all there tomorrow.

my bike well pass trust me... it will look like shit but shel pass.

Don't you work tomorrow?

true :mellow:....then i think u guys just gana have to wait a bit more till u c me on a ride...:shifty:

givs me more time to finish her...:laugh:

motorbyclist
29th March 2008, 13:59
sorry i couldn't make it guys

on my mad dash to hamiltron last night i hit a fairly huge and invisible bump in the highway, got a huge speed wobble/tank slapper, fairings came unclipped and broke off in the wind, felt like the pegs bent, something scraped under my foot - narrowly avoided death with 18 wheeler on one side and cheescutter on the other

WTF is up with the cheesecutters replacing double yellow lines?! all they do is prevent you passing traffic in the single lane parts that were safe to pass on! seeing at there is NO clearance either side they won't prevent a collision, and everywhere that has been repaired looks dodge as. saw one bit that still needed fixing and the cables were drooping quite a bit... i doubt there was any tension for that stretch of several kms

went back in the morning to look for the bits but still missing some. didn't get back till 1pm

how was the ride?

pocketcracker
29th March 2008, 15:31
1st of just like to thank Squiggles and the uni crew for allowing me along on the ride,

Had a blast from the moment i pulled up till removing my helmet back in the shed Eg, Now ! pitty day had to be cut short but with the way it was going maybe it was a good idea,

ISSAC oH my ,, just before we leave the uni he whispers in my ear, take it easy today dont carv them up to hard , With that said he pulls his helmet on and blast off !.

first set lights every 1 lined up and the rev off begins , light flick green and where away !

Then we get to the 10000 Mile gravel patch ! lets say we turned around , lost a few riders along the way due to detour, to have them regain us later and find out 1 had binned off in the gravel ,ended up out shelly beach had lunch talked bull sh*t Got group pic wherethe 3rd thing happend Kyle pumped um cant think is names cbr front screen and CRACK ! and then came home with poilce escort!

But with all those events highlight of the day would have to be hana Tryingt stangle her throtle for just a couple more revs and speed! , And her cheeky il grin as a puff of smoke is expelled and BAM shes gone ,

THank you guys n Galz ! wAS A DAY ILL REMBER FOR A LONG TIME !
Cant wait for the next 1 ,,

if any 1 wants to go for a ride or wat ever drop me a txt 021 211 65 74 kyle !

motorbyclist
29th March 2008, 16:09
and i missed all that!?

aw man!

gutted though about the bins and what's this about the cops?

Folcan
29th March 2008, 16:10
yea awesome ride... pitty about the crashes.. and I just want to say to the person on the gsx im sorry i dont remember your name I have a part of your bike... it flew off on the way back to auckland

Also my bike has manual speed restrictor.. if I went over a certain speed :blink:the back left side of my fairing would come off... had it happen like 3 or 4 times I had to pull over and sort it out

motorbyclist
29th March 2008, 16:18
LOL i thought squiggles was going to check all the bikes this time!

and didn't ehab say his bike was roadworthy?

did isaac's numberplate fall off again too?

Folcan
29th March 2008, 16:23
>_<

I thought it was fine when I left, if I stayed at motorway speeds it didnt come off so meh and I see my one fork seal is buggered again haha :S

ital916
29th March 2008, 16:49
Could have got in some good gravel riding training, I though the kaiaua loop was gravel free?? Andrew you didn't shit yourself on the way to hamilton last night after drinking all that beer haha jokes.

ital916
29th March 2008, 16:50
Oooh ooh I rode a croooozer today...:shifty: *happy music*

Ragingrob
29th March 2008, 17:02
Yeah had lots of fun today once things got going...

And yeah it was my poor screen that cracked lol check your blindspots when walking Kyle!

Ride was great though especially the twisties before Shelly Beach! Lol and thanks Kim for pushin me to bump start when I cut out, grrr hopefully new battery sorts it out!

Went the long way back to Soph's haha because Stephen the Hulk apparently can't feel her whacking him on his shoulder saying get the F off the motorway! HA! He finally got the message, thanks heaps for taking her Steve.

Hmmm might spray my front mudguard black so my bike doesn't look (as) bogan tonight, oooh and a new screen will be great!

:2thumbsup

motorbyclist
29th March 2008, 17:28
they went up north, not south to kaiaua. interested to know where the gravel was though.

how many riders? how many new faces?

Ragingrob
29th March 2008, 17:37
yeah that's what i thought too

they went up north, not south to kaiaua. interested to know where the gravel was though.

how many riders? how many new faces?

Gravel was resealed roads out past Parakai (sp?) past Shelly Beach on the main road, 5km of resealing or thereabouts.

About 10 riders... Some new faces to me but maybe not to the club.

ital916
29th March 2008, 17:55
Man and the two coolest club members weren't there, one was dodging big trucks and the others was trying to get a test ride bike going lol.

Squiggles
29th March 2008, 18:07
Im giving you all maps next time. Andrew, i took your suggestion and we started to head off towards the end of the peninsula. Its being sealed from just past the turnoff to shelly beach, for the whole way it seems

my route next time :P

Ragingrob
29th March 2008, 18:30
Oh yeah, cheers Stephen for organising it by the way! :apint:

motorbyclist
29th March 2008, 18:35
Im giving you all maps next time. Andrew, i took your suggestion and we started to head off towards the end of the peninsula. Its being sealed from just past the turnoff to shelly beach, for the whole way it seems

my route next time :P

oh, well atleast we know it'll be a good surface for the next ride out that way :bleh:

Nagash
29th March 2008, 18:55
Oh come on guys, I just spoke to Pocketcracker at the barbeque on One Tree Hill.

He told me those bins were more major then you guys are making out, at the very least Isaac's bin..

Glad you all had a good time though.

pocketcracker
29th March 2008, 19:26
rubbish bin ? HEHEHE Look out its the can ladie ! Quick run for ya lives ! ,,,,

Was just told theres a ride tommorow leaving from coleman suzuki on k' rd at 10 am Up to 70 riders apparently already attending and all welcome !

EJK
29th March 2008, 19:28
And most are 70+ age too? :crazy:

Ragingrob
29th March 2008, 19:31
Oh come on guys, I just spoke to Pocketcracker at the barbeque on One Tree Hill.

He told me those bins were more major then you guys are making out, at the very least Isaac's bin..

Glad you all had a good time though.

Hmmm maybe but I think it's up to the guys who got unlucky to give the facts if they want to or if they don't want to that's fine :)

shingo
29th March 2008, 19:39
Man i'm gutted i missed this one, to bad about the mishaps tho, hope everyone is ok. Next ride has to be on a Sunday so i can come.

Oh and Dushy, i think you missed someone out on that 'coolest members' list of yours :whistle:

TOTO
29th March 2008, 19:44
glad you are all relatively ok boys. be careful out there and watch out for any flying honda hornets...:rolleyes:

Be safe

Squiggles
29th March 2008, 20:20
As a club what we arent about is rumours, shit flinging and so forth. Thus talk of things happens in person, at our friday night chillers.

The other "bin" mentioned in this thread, was some dude pulling over to turn around, he fell over on the wee patch of gravel on the side of the road. Hardly counts.

I think we'll have to go up that way again, when the seal is finished, from what i saw it looks like it'll be a beauty of a ride when its done!

klyong82
29th March 2008, 20:22
first set lights every 1 lined up and the rev off begins , light flick green and where away !

Then we get to the 10000 Mile gravel patch ! lets say we turned around , lost a few riders along the way due to detour, to have them regain us later and find out 1 had binned off in the gravel ,ended up out shelly beach had lunch talked bull sh*t Got group pic wherethe 3rd thing happend Kyle pumped um cant think is names cbr front screen and CRACK ! and then came home with poilce escort!

But with all those events highlight of the day would have to be hana Tryingt stangle her throtle for just a couple more revs and speed! , And her cheeky il grin as a puff of smoke is expelled and BAM shes gone ,

First set of lights everyone lined up for the formation lap. Squiggles & Pocketcracker on the front row for team suzuki while row two occupied with Klyong82 & Macstar for team Honda. Red lights...... 3, 2, and light turns green. We are all away......into turn 1 everyone squeezes in cleanly ......turn 2 klyong82 in pole position leading the race...........:Playnice:

Was great riding with you all. Beautiful twisties and especially that cop on my tail for a minute with the sirens on....thought we were in trouble but he overtook us all....relieved......

Could have got in some good gravel riding training, I though the kaiaua loop was gravel free?? Andrew you didn't shit yourself on the way to hamilton last night after drinking all that beer haha jokes.

The gravel riding was not too bad it is not like the one you guys had to go thru up to Cape Reinga....you could comfortably do 80km's on todays gravel.....only thing was you just had to dodge bullet gravels flying in the air from Squiggles' TL........next ride I'll ride in front you and you can taste my gravel bullets.

Yeah had lots of fun today once things got going...

And yeah it was my poor screen that cracked lol check your blindspots when walking Kyle!

Ride was great though especially the twisties before Shelly Beach! Lol and thanks Kim for pushin me to bump start when I cut out, grrr hopefully new battery sorts it out!

Went the long way back to Soph's haha because Stephen the Hulk apparently can't feel her whacking him on his shoulder saying get the F off the motorway! HA! He finally got the message, thanks heaps for taking her Steve.

Hmmm might spray my front mudguard black so my bike doesn't look (as) bogan tonight, oooh and a new screen will be great!

:2thumbsup

Was great riding with you......you got a great cbr250....just like mine....(i think my ex-cbr250 is still with a military fireman over the shores. If you need super glue to stick the screen temporarily then pop over my place for some....or work. I noticed some nuts and bolts missing on ya fairings I still have bolts from my last CBR's happy to give you some.

Squiggles
29th March 2008, 20:29
Was great riding with you all. Beautiful twisties and especially that cop on my tail for a minute with the sirens on....thought we were in trouble but he overtook us all....relieved......

Yer, i was thinking "shit." as while i was pretty sure we'd hit the 100k zone, i missed the sign saying so

The gravel riding was not too bad it is not like the one you guys had to go thru up to Cape Reinga....you could comfortably do 80km's on todays gravel.....only thing was you just had to dodge bullet gravels flying in the air from Squiggles' TL........next ride I'll ride in front you and you can taste my gravel bullets.

Yer, i went a bit slow, was more worried about putting holes in radiators than anything else :shudder:

I noticed some nuts and bolts missing on ya fairings I still have bolts from my last CBR's happy to give you some.

Needs some plastic welding done to remount all the tabs i think

motorbyclist
29th March 2008, 20:40
As a club what we arent about is rumours, shit flinging and so forth. Thus talk of things happens in person, at our friday night chillers.

seconded

I think we'll have to go up that way again, when the seal is finished, from what i saw it looks like it'll be a beauty of a ride when its done!

i told you so:bleh:

hey guys gimmie a hand would ya? (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1496123#post1496123)

PirateJafa
29th March 2008, 21:01
Oh and Dushy, i think you missed someone out on that 'coolest members' list of yours :whistle:

You bet he did... :spanking:

klyong82
29th March 2008, 21:35
Yer, i was thinking "shit." as while i was pretty sure we'd hit the 100k zone, i missed the sign saying so

I was TEC and I could see the cop from afar - actually just the disco lights. I slowed down to below 100 while you guys were still a little faster than me. Can't afford a ticket in the next couple of months so I better take it easy from now on. That was open road country side so i believe it was definitely 100km/h zone.

Yer, i went a bit slow, was more worried about putting holes in radiators than anything else :shudder:

I gave my bike the chain clean & lube, remove calipers & pads and cleaned the whole bike. CHecked no radiator damage or holes...woohoo....lots of dead bugs....

Needs some plastic welding done to remount all the tabs i think

oh ok.....i get it.....well at least the bolts are cheap not like the CBR900 with the $25 a bolt dzus screws....

ehab2weelr
29th March 2008, 23:02
i thought kyle binned when i got 4 txts and god knows how many missed calls from stephen askin me for kyles number cause they lost him, i thought ow
sh!t not the new gpx. but it turns out he was just too fast for all use and got there b4 use hahah.

hope ure all good m******? at least next time ul get it write...haha

and o yea my bike updates. got the bog now i need to bog the bike...:niceone:

O! and dushy how can u not put me in that list??? im :cool:

lets hope my bike gets done soon i wana join those rides.

Folcan
29th March 2008, 23:41
Wheres them photos? :P

I know they were taken I saw em

bomma
30th March 2008, 11:28
wtf??? isaac binned?!?!?! why isnt he posting about it?!?!?! but i guess it cant be too bad else it would be a hotter topic....

stupid telescum only gimme 500texts.......WHAT DO I DO WHEN I RUN OUT HUH?!?! (ps dont forget im a poor student who cant afford to top up an extra $10 a month)

looks like you guys had a fun ride and from the sounds of it most of you were just glad to get out again on the bikes for a blat!!! will try and make the next one fa sho :niceone:

Macstar
30th March 2008, 15:07
It's true that I did but Police, insurance etc involved so I'd appreciate a bit of discretion on this thanks fellas. As Squiggles said, we got the Fri ngt chillas.

Ragingrob
30th March 2008, 17:06
Was great riding with you......you got a great cbr250....just like mine....(i think my ex-cbr250 is still with a military fireman over the shores. If you need super glue to stick the screen temporarily then pop over my place for some....or work. I noticed some nuts and bolts missing on ya fairings I still have bolts from my last CBR's happy to give you some.

Yeah good riding with ya again too, had fun boosting over those twisties before lunch just us few haha! Gotta love those late corners.

Cheers yeah like Stephen said I think maybe one or two tabs have broken off, but there are a few others that are just plain missing and that would be great!

I also see on trademe for ten bucks I can get a set of screen nuts and bolts, as mine are all rusted and will be getting a new screen I think maybe that'd be a good idea too!

HungusMaximist
30th March 2008, 18:17
Yeah good riding with ya again too, had fun boosting over those twisties before lunch just us few haha! Gotta love those late corners.

Cheers yeah like Stephen said I think maybe one or two tabs have broken off, but there are a few others that are just plain missing and that would be great!

I also see on trademe for ten bucks I can get a set of screen nuts and bolts, as mine are all rusted and will be getting a new screen I think maybe that'd be a good idea too!

Rob, don't know if you use Ebay but you can get yourself a mean double bubble aftermarket screen for about under 30 US dollars from Hong Kong with shipping!

Since I got one myself for I can definitely vouch for it. The quality is good but don't make comparisons with branded 'race' screens, but since most students are on a budget, this is a definitely a go.

If you search for 'screens' on trade-me, they're doing the same for about $120 something and most likely they're get it from the same supplier and mark it up.

klyong82
30th March 2008, 18:37
Rob, don't know if you use Ebay but you can get yourself a mean double bubble aftermarket screen for about under 30 US dollars from Hong Kong with shipping!

Since I got one myself for I can definitely vouch for it. The quality is good but don't make comparisons with branded 'race' screens, but since most students are on a budget, this is a definitely a go.

If you search for 'screens' on trade-me, they're doing the same for about $120 something and most likely they're get it from the same supplier and mark it up.

The ones from Hong Kong are actually budget style screens which are good if you cant afford the branded ones. The more expensive ones you will notice the difference with the edges are better made and they will line up properly with all the mounts compared to the Hong Kong ones.

Ragingrob
30th March 2008, 18:50
Cool I may have a look round Ebay, but apparently Mt Eden MC has a big bunch of screens going for $25 a pop at the moment so I wanna get in there see what they got too :)

Otherwise yeah Hong Kong sounds pretty good. Is that just Ebay.com or a HK one?

klyong82
30th March 2008, 18:59
Cool I may have a look round Ebay, but apparently Mt Eden MC has a big bunch of screens going for $25 a pop at the moment so I wanna get in there see what they got too :)

Otherwise yeah Hong Kong sounds pretty good. Is that just Ebay.com or a HK one?

You can buy it at www.ebay.com or if you can read chinese or cantonese then www.ebay.com.hk

Ragingrob
30th March 2008, 19:07
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WINDSCREEN-WINDSHIELD-HONDA-CBR-250-CBR250-MC19-MC-19_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35590QQihZ004QQitemZ 140219809341QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Would that be correct lol?

FREE GIFT! haha

klyong82
30th March 2008, 19:15
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WINDSCREEN-WINDSHIELD-HONDA-CBR-250-CBR250-MC19-MC-19_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35590QQihZ004QQitemZ 140219809341QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Would that be correct lol?

FREE GIFT! haha

That's the one....man with the windscreen screws it is gonna look almost like mine....I bought mine from Mt Eden...

Ragingrob
30th March 2008, 19:21
You have multicoloured screws? :cool:

Hmmm I will have to work out Paypal, then work out Ebay, then check out Mt Eden but probably order this one cause it looks pretty mint!

klyong82
30th March 2008, 20:11
You have multicoloured screws? :cool:

Hmmm I will have to work out Paypal, then work out Ebay, then check out Mt Eden but probably order this one cause it looks pretty mint!

I got silver screws with gold caps makes it really nice.....have a look in the pic...

You need to open an ebay and paypal account load your credit card details etc before you can start buying.

Squiggles
30th March 2008, 22:05
go hard on ebay, i do...

Paypal conversion is something like 78.5c/$1US at the moment

bomma
31st March 2008, 11:33
It's true that I did but Police, insurance etc involved so I'd appreciate a bit of discretion on this thanks fellas. As Squiggles said, we got the Fri ngt chillas.

FUUUUCK!!! was hopin it was just someone talking shit but i guess not.....:eek5:

fair enuff about the privacy and keepin it on the down low....as long as you're not hurt mate, its all i needed to know :beer: will see y'all at the chiller...looks like its gonna be an eventful one....:wari:

speaking of which, ive been finishing lectures at 3.45ish on fridays and have started heading up to strata a bit earlier with my mates :whistle:so if you are done and free come up and share a beer with us, ehab, dushy and folcan came up last friday and it was cool to get started a bit earlier ;)

motorbyclist
31st March 2008, 18:23
can do; friday for me is actually a day off - no lectures at all :D

Ragingrob
31st March 2008, 19:23
Yeah I can prob turn up at anytime too... Will see what the haps are.

2wheeljunkie
1st April 2008, 13:24
man ive been away from kiwibiker 2 long this thread has grown massive..sorry for the wait on the pics guys..i got soo much lab reports to do and ive been at uni til 12 last 2 nites..i know everyone else has stuff on as well but i apologize anyways..i finish lab report tomorrow and will up load them tomorrow nite..sorrry..

and rob..man..my bad for breakin yer screen..wart a retard..bt hey the ebay one looks mint so maybe its a good thing i did..lol..:cool:..bt yea keep me posted on wat u do..nice to meet all the new guys on the ride like kyle , lucas, rob and the gsx guy which i sincerely apologize for forgetting your name..wat's lucas kb name anywayz..??

2wheeljunkie
1st April 2008, 13:33
btw cheers squiggles for organising all the stuff on sat and for doing a pre check of my chain to make sure it didnt fuck up and destroy me.....:niceone: